3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
.MK. 25.01.22 09:54 pm

Rtx 3060 PSU issue

Hello everyone. I have this question. I bought myself a 3060 but I have an old 700 watt power supply in my computer (fsp everest 80plus 700w)

https://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/power_supply_fsp/Blok-pitaniya-FSP-Everest-80PLUS-700W-ATX-24- plus-3x4-plus-2x6-8pin-Cable-Management_96841.html

Here it is. I have a question, how will he cope with it. Someone tells me that he pulls and someone that he does not have enough apmerage. I am not an expert in this. It seems that everything works and the computer does not cut down in games. But doubts torment about these amps. There is someone here who fumbles well in this. Thank you in advance.
16 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergjiei 25.01.22

Must pull, because this vidyahe bp needs 550 watts. You don't have the ti version, do you?

D
Deshang 25.01.22

.MK.
If you believe the descriptions, then your block already has 4 lines 12v to 18A, i.e. ~200 watts for each (roughly speaking, for each power cord of the card).
Since everything works stably and the software shows a normal voltage of 12v in the load, then don’t worry and play calmly.

.MK. 25.01.22

Sergjiei
No just 3060 os asus tufa

.MK. 25.01.22

Deshang
Well, I looked at the msi afterburner card above 160 watts only in rdr and cyberpunk rises. Rarely when 170. In some games, in general, 70-100
The only problem is that he is many years old. I bought him in 2009))) but it seems to work well so far

L
Lain Rain 25.01.22

.MK.
Wow, you're steaming up)

700w, as already said, is more than enough.
If you are so worried, then look at how the power supply behaves under load, if the voltage does not go beyond the established norms, which is on the table, then there are no problems, even taking into account the age of the power supply unit. As the saying goes: if it works, don't touch it.

Spoiler

.MK. 25.01.22

Lain Rain
And how to check it out or not? Are there programs for this?

S
SonyK_2 25.01.22

.MK.
.MK. wrote:
... how can I check if it works or not? Are there programs for this?
There is. Run this in the background (minimize to tray), play something heavy, or check the vidyuhi with special tests (for example, FurMark), then look at the minimum / maximum voltage indicators.
Example:

L
Lain Rain 25.01.22

.MK.
Or you can use the Aida64 program. You launch Aida64, find the desired section, as in the screenshot, turn on some demanding game, then turn off the game and look in the program to see what the indicators are.

Spoiler

.MK. 25.01.22

Lain Rain
Thank you, I'll go check

P
Protocol10 25.01.22

.MK.
I have a gigabyte aorus 2080 RTX and a 550 watt PSU from a corsair, it’s generally enough

.MK. 31.01.22

Lain Rain
Here in rdr2 so I have, like she is the most voracious.

.MK. 31.01.22

Lain Rain
in cyberpunk and destiny 2 like this

D
Denis Kyokushin 31.01.22

.MK.
If you run MSI Afterburner along with HWInfo, you can put the 12v line into an overlay and monitor it right during games, as in this video:

L
Lain Rain 31.01.22

.MK.
The power supply is working properly, the performance is more than normal. So nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

.MK. 31.01.22

Lain Rain
I compared these days in terms of these parameters with friends' aida. Someone has better bp, someone worse, but all + - the same voltage as mine. Thanks again for the advice.

L
Lain Rain 31.01.22

.MK.
You are welcome.