3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22 10:02 pm

Problems with the video card after reinstalling Windows

Comrades, help me, there was such a problem, after reinstalling Windows, the video card stopped working at full capacity, a simple example, before reinstalling Windows, the FPS in DotA was over 100, then, with God's help, it gets to 80 and eventually drops to 30, the drivers are the same the most, I tried different windows, eight, ten, from different pirates of people (sources), nothing changes
On the system:
nvidia geforce gtx 960
Intel® Core™ i5-6600K 3.50 GHz
8 Gb RAM
18 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 25.01.22

I advise not from "pirates of people", but to download and install a "clean" image, and only then hack the same KMS, if you really want to.

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

kurskiy maybe
the point is that he installed exactly the same Windows that was before, but nothing has changed, the only thing on Windows 10 was worse

k
kurskiy 25.01.22

Uncle Anton
T.e. "clean" image that is not "build from..."? Are the updates also all the latest installed?

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

yes
_

K
KingNarik 25.01.22

Other things being equal (OS, drivers, version of the game in which the problem is obvious), I would think about specific video settings, like overclocking, fan operation mode, and so on. Perhaps in the old system it was configured as it should, but by default, for example, there is not enough airflow, the card heats up and slows down, you need to unscrew the RPM of the turntables higher. Or the optimal overclocking parameters were selected so that everything worked smartly. In short, look somewhere in this direction, check the temperatures and all that.
And, well, for starters, still check in other games, otherwise one pillbox is somehow not a very good indicator.

P
Pavel Rally 25.01.22

Uncle Anton wrote:
The video card has stopped working at full capacity
Uncle Anton
What percentage is loaded?

V
VETER15 25.01.22

Uncle Anton
And how is the operative loaded?

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

There was no overclocking of KingNarik
, the temperature of the video card heats up to 50 maximum

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

Pavel Rally
I have seen a maximum of 50%, but basically it is somewhere around 30%, in some cases it drops to 0

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

VETER15
operative feels good, if you look at the task manager, then 50%

P
Pavel Rally 25.01.22

Uncle Anton
Try turning off vsync in the game and in the video driver, turn off triple buffering, turn on the power management mode, to the maximum performance mode, and how busy is the processor?

Try Windows 10 LTSB.

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

Pavel Rally
, yes, at the expense of the processor, I looked at the load and it is 100% everywhere, then the question is what could happen to the processor after reinstalling Windows, maybe the drivers are also needed for the processor, maybe I'm a fool, in general everything is strange, vertical synchronization is disabled. triple buffering is enabled,
but the strangest thing is that it shows 100% only through the autoburner in games, but if you look through the task manager, then the CPU usage does not exceed 40%

K
Kartonkratos 25.01.22

Uncle Anton
In the manager, the cpu load becomes less because you turn it off, and the game is automatically paused, that is, it enters the menu, and so the load on the processor drops!

P
Pavel Rally 25.01.22

Uncle Anton
Now you need to find out at what frequency the processor operates during the game, at the declared 3.50 GHz?

Perhaps you need to increase the frequency, very carefully monitoring the temperature!

U
Uncle Anton 25.01.22

Pavel Rally
, everything turned out to be easier, comrades, after I turned on the processor load, I turned on the temperature, and it turned out to be too high, 80-100 degrees, got into the computer itself, it turned out that the cooler clips had become unusable, the processor simply did not cool down, fixed and everything became as before, the video card was loaded at 100, the processor at 50, so lucky that this happened after reinstalling Windows, thanks to everyone who helped with advice, hugged and lifted

K
Kartonkratos 25.01.22

Uncle Anton
Well, it's good that everything was decided.

f
fog666666 25.01.22

because our society condemns farting

K
Kartonkratos 25.01.22

fog666666
Aaaaahahaaa dude you are a little bit wrong with the topic XD