3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tim Sin 25.01.22 10:15 pm

Can BP\"take it with you \" mat. fee?

The other day, the PSU burned out, the right contact was charred (with a power cable * (I don’t understand names well)) now it’s under warranty, sort of like, sent for repair. But I have a question, could he "burn" the checkmate. board or other accessories? There are no visible traces, but because of the way prices have risen sharply now, it’s scary to become (
Good evening! And thanks in advance (:
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 25.01.22

TimSin
TimSin wrote:
... the BP burned out... could he "burn" the mat. board or other accessories?
Depends on the BP. If it's of high quality, it can save the rest of the kit by "sacrifice" itself, if it's cheap, anything will happen. Power supply model, or a secret?

T
Tim Sin 25.01.22

SonyK_2
Aerocool VX Plus 500 500W

M
MunchkiN 616 25.01.22

theoretically, it can take any equipment that is directly connected to it to the bottom of the pitch.

A
ArXangel_ann 25.01.22

a bad PSU can not only grab a mother, but also a vidyahu. Therefore, saving on it is not worth

TimSin wrote:
is not a fountain.
Well, since it has already burned out, then what's the point of twitching? Take someone's BP for a couple of hours, check your mother if you are very worried. Or wait for yours from repair

T
Tim Sin 25.01.22

MunchkiN 616
Well, it turned out like .... The last time I turned it on (after it was killed, I tried to turn it on again) it started to start, but it made a sound of "sparking" or something like that. I just think if something shorted out there, then maybe not all is lost)

T
Tim Sin 25.01.22

ArXangel_ann
Not a fountain, I agree. I took it specifically for rx 580, 1x (6 + 2pin). Budget(

A
Angry fairies 25.01.22

TimSin wrote:
A few months ago, a friend brought this bastard to check in my PC, as his computer stopped starting. This bastard sent my gtx970 to the trash and I had to fork out 60 grand for a 6600xt.
But you still won't know until you put in a new block.
But the short answer to your question is yes, I could.

M
Max P 25.01.22

TimSin
A man makes two fatal mistakes in life: 1) goes to the registry office 2) buys a PSU from Aerocool.

S
Snow70 25.01.22

How else can! And not only the mother, but all the hardware together in the card, and the RAM ...

V
VETER15 25.01.22

Evil Fairy
Did you become evil after or from the beginning?

L
Len4ik00N 25.01.22

TimSin
TimSin wrote:
the right contact was charred (when the power cable * (I don’t understand names well))
It was possible to take a photo)
TimSin wrote:
could he "burn" the mat. board or other accessories? No visible traces
Could. There may not be visible traces (especially for those who do not know where to look and what to look for). Do not rush to borrow a known-good PSU or something else from someone you know, in order to put it on your computer for verification, otherwise it may turn out that you will have to buy new hardware not only for yourself. First you need to make sure that there is no short circuit on the board; then you can already try to throw on the power supply (ideally, which is not a pity). Or wait for the information from the repair on your PSU, what exactly burned out there, and start from this further

T
Tim Sin 25.01.22

Len4ik00N
Thank you😉 I'll wait for the info from the repair