3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kirik_LaL 25.01.22 10:26 pm

Artifacts appear after 1-2 hours of play (Forza Horizon 5)

Config:
R9 5900x
rtx 3070ti 8gb
16gb RAM
Version of the game steam
Approximately after an hour or two of the game such jokes appear.
Before that, there was an i5 8400 and 8GB of RAM, I thought that the hardware was rather weak, but nifiga, the problem persisted.
Then, in short, I began to think about the lack of video memory, resigned myself and lowered the settings to the level of xbox SeX (I spied on digital foundry) and still such garbage. Stable 80+ fps (limited by vertical to 60), which turns into 70 in a couple of hours and artifacts come out.
If anyone has experienced this, please let me know how to fix it.
Z.Y. In other games I play at least 6+ hours - no artifacts, so it's clearly not a dead vidyuhi.

13 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cool 25.01.22

Kirik_LaL
You don't have enough video memory. 4k, 4x mcaa, max shadows and 8gb of crap memory. What have you done?

K
Kirik_LaL 25.01.22

Qoold
Hmmm... On full ultras, the game consumes about 8.5 gigs of video memory (and I also have slightly lower environment and car textures) + 11 gigs of RAM. Considering that "smart" games (including fh4) with a lack of video memory simply climbed into RAM without causing a black mess on the screen, then theoretically I should have enough of everything.
8GB of video, 500MB of which fly off to the RAM + 11 RAM + background load of Windows 4.5 = 16 GB.
Maybe he's starting to show off because it's all right? I wonder if you throw more RAM, will it work🤔🤔

01001000 01101001 25.01.22

Kirik_LaL
SpoilerEnable dedicated memory in the afterburner. there are more than 11 gigs. 16 without a swap file will not get you far (if you have 16). Well, as you say, it means that you simply do not have enough faster memory anymore. An example where 9 gigs turn into 18.

Your 11 gigs turn into 22 easily. Eliminate the use of physical memory.

K
Kartonkratos 25.01.22

Kirik_LaL
The same problem, PC config in the profile, artifacts also appear on some textures, but I noticed this does not always happen, it happens that after half an hour of the game this appears, and it happens that even though you play for an hour or even two hours, and not everything is fine! In short, it can happen randomly.

M
Marsj 25.01.22

Kartonkratos It is
possible that the video memory is overheating or one or more of the video memory chips is defective, so it is artifacting.

K
Kartonkratos 25.01.22

Marsj
What are the problems or artifacts, I’ve found that this doesn’t always happen, you can even say rarely, and only in this game this appears sometimes, so this is a game problem, since I didn’t have this before the updates, and after the updates it periodically starts to appear, and by the way, it doesn’t happen everywhere, you go on the road with multi-colored textures, you drive further, everything is fine, you return back to that place again you see these textures, in short, in certain places on the map, everything is fine with the textures in transport, so if there were problems with the hardware, then artifacts would appear everywhere.

h
hyper1 05.05.22

after reading the comments, once again I was convinced of the incompetence of the local inhabitants. minus, there are no right answers and cannot be found during the day with fire. it is useless to ask questions here on any topic related to hardware or software.
I have the same problem with the appearance of artifacts. The patch never came out. developed assholes. where did I find out that the problem is common? here on the forum? - NO! on another forum with screenshots of other players

L
Lemonade_097 19.07.22

Kartonkratos Have you
solved this problem somehow??

n
niss87 19.07.22

I have the same thing as the topikstarter, the same video card, artifacts are a common problem, it can only be solved by buying a video card of 16 GB and higher

K
Kartonkratos 19.07.22

niss87
That's what I'm talking about! that the memory becomes clogged in an hour or two, then these artifacts come out, but this is if everything is manually set to extreme settings, with msaa 8x and fxaa enabled! and at the same time, in the nvidia control panel, increase the quality of anisotropic filtering, that is, set everything related to it to the maximum, and also enable mfaa anti-aliasing, then after two hours I have these artifacts! if everything is left to extreme but msaa sets 4x or 2x and set everything as it was in nvidia control, then these artifacts no longer appear!
Limonad_097
Above, I explained everything, look at the amount of your video memory, just the FPS will be high, but the memory may not be enough in a couple of hours!

Z
ZhiharevV 20.08.22

Kartonkratos
It's not about the amount of memory, the 3080ti also has such artifacts, it's about optimizing the game, namely in the Extreme preset, you lower the settings to very high artifacts, there aren't any

K
Kartonkratos 20.08.22

ZhiharevV
Yes, I already understood that it's not about the amount of memory, but about the graphics settings! by the way, not necessarily everything is set to very high, I just lowered the shadows to very high, and everything else is set to extreme and so artifacts do not appear.

S
Sedorelli 21.10.22

For me, at maximum settings, artifacts began to appear on the 3070 GameRock after 40 minutes of the game.
I also thought I was guessing from what ... It turned out that it was necessary to lower the textures from "ultra" to "very high".
The problem didn't reappear...