3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
opk_Charger 16.11.19 11:47 pm

Graphics settings and their impact on performance (Far Cry 5)

Hello.
It's not really a question, it is rather an interesting observation and resentment.
The bottom line: to change graphics settings in Far Cry 5 is very little effect on performance, although visually the difference is very big. Between the minimum and maximum settings, the difference is only 7 fps. For example, when I set up the Witcher 3 at the time of its release, at max speed I was getting 40 fps on the minimum salary of about 80, actually had something to adjust. And then when you try to get 50-60 fps without lowering graphics, I have not received anything at all, the transition from maximum to high gave me only 1-2 fps increase. Test screenshots attached.
Intel Core i5 3570 3.4 GHz
Geforce GTX 770 4GB (OC)
16 GB of RAM
Win 7 ч64
What is actually the case? Yes, my computer is already 4 years, but it W 770 oven, I can't believe Far Cry 5 at the minimum salary it is not pulling at least 60-70 fps.

Minimal setup - 43 fps

Medium settings - 39 fps

High settings 38 fps

A maximum of grafon - 36 fps
21 Comments
Sort by:
O
OkGo 16.11.19

opk_Charger
MB was partly the CPU limits performance.
4 cores, but if something other programs at the time of the game tiresa, the performance becomes bad.

Because gtx 770 2 GB in some tests gives the result on medium settings better than yours for a low.
If the parent allows, then do the overclocking for the CPU to 3.8 to 3.9 at least. Well, the wood update for the card if they are old.
MB, the picture is somewhat improved.

J
Just-Nick 16.11.19

opk_Charger
Look in the game, that is their bench really changes won't see. My bench minimum 65 fps and in the game there can be up to 50 promazyvaetsya..

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

Have
Intel Core i5 3470 3,2 GHz up to 3.6 GHz bostom
Geforce GTX 960 2 gb (OC) now 391.35 wood, past wood at the fps had more but there were friezes for I think 2 gb of VRAM
16 GB of RAM 1600 GHz
Win 10 ч64

FPS more than the 770 you much though,I have 4 gb should be more powerful 960 with 2 gb
Apparently the problem in Win 7 as in the Battlefield,Oh priori +10 or +20 fps at all and I must optimize for Win 10
Can you wind the zasrat and from personal experience this doesn't fix it just reinstall on a clean and as Microsoft we already were forcibly transferred to Win 10 better go

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

opk_Charger
in full screen put rather than a window without frames

o
opk_Charger 16.11.19

OkGo, firewood the last acceleration, as today I found I had set by default (percent without k).

Chuck_Norris_ in full screen mode the situation is the same. Disabled Aero, no difference. A situation that I was in Kingdom Come Deliverance, but there I blamed on optimization. Immediately do not understand what it was.
All this is strange.

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

opk_Charger

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

opk_Charger

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

opk_Charger
At max speed my fps is almost the same as you have on minimal, weird

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

opk_Charger
In General looked really 770,I even more powerful with 2 gb 960 with 4 gb in Far Cry 5 at medium settings and judging by the tests you have bad or trash in Windows which has to be empty in any case, reinstalling purely after a while, or Far Cry 5 and other novelties will be much better to work on Win 10, it has been proven with some games

o
opk_Charger 16.11.19

It is strange that in other graphitic games without problems, the same Rise of the Tomb Raider is in the mood for a couple of minutes. There like too there is nothing supernatural in terms of image.

M
MagicHero 16.11.19

Chuck_Norris_
770-I is weaker than 960 minutes. 960 approximately equal to 780. And since you have the memory is completely full then the game engine could have to reduce any settings as it was like in the Duma where the graphics card with a smaller volume won more productive with a large volume of video memory.

o
opk_Charger 16.11.19

MagicHero
As far as I know, has always been considered that the next-generation model is approximately equal to the older model of the previous generation, that is, 770 is equal to or slightly more powerful than the 960, as well as slightly more powerful 970 1060 and further by analogy.

T
The Dmitry Disaire 16.11.19

opk_Charger
This benchmarking them, fact does not allow really, in the game you have in some places FPS so prosadit Mama do not cry, for the benchmark on my low was somewhere 40-46 FPS while in-game to 20 prisila.

A
Aleksandr Kozlov Evgenevi 16.11.19

opk_Charger
Weaker 1060 970, 980=1060.

M
MagicHero 16.11.19

opk_Charger
If you do not know something you can always look tests and can tell you that my 780-I 970 output was almost equal in performance but a year later 970-Yu sawed wood and 780-Yu scored in the end, the gap has increased at times up to 40% in some games and at the moment the 780 is just a bit faster 960h. The game of course sawed mostly under Pascal but it's the same architecture Maxwell on new process technology, while Kepler was finally scored.

v
vftor 16.11.19

The developers optimize the game for specific hardware with software and Windows. On other systems the game will work, but worse.
the last game to optimize for Win.10 or Win.7+ and vidyuhi 10 series.
games 2010-2015 work better on Win.7 with vidyuhi 700 series.
- games 2003-2005 work better on Win.XP and may not run or slow down to Win.7 with a powerful iron.
I state this because I have multiple computers with different systems and everything checked out. So all games from 2003 to 2018 are distributed by the respective systems of different computers.

C
Chuck_Norris_ 16.11.19

The_Disaire
I have some guys with a weaker percent at maximum settings on my 960 with 2 gb the same fps as the 770 with 4 gb but it is on the minimums, this is a huge difference and I googled table test Far Cry 5 and there overtakes 770 960 so all the optimization in win 10 and 7,ku grind bend that would all have moved on 10,ku...

j
jax baron 16.11.19

Chuck_Norris_
Not so developed as optimizirovan on my weak laptop FPS on low 22-13 and if high then 18-13 joke no difference what I even the game set but the graphics card was very hot and the picture gave spakoyno

S
SeventhBreath 16.11.19

X5570 4c\8t 3.3 ghz
Ram 1x8gb 1333
GTX 780TI OS
Win 7 64
I think the weak point of the low-frequency single-channel memory, because even with the acceleration card, the minimum fps was on 1кадр less, and so sank, the number of rendering frames.
Though perhaps due to the slow Hdd which is divided into 2 sections wind\games and 4GB page file + entry VIDOS via Nvidia Experience, so I think the screw is not taken.

A
Arhigluk 16.11.19

SeventhBreath
Uh..well in a modern open world games HDD+low frequency memory(especially in the amount of 8GB) in dual channel mode is practically a guarantee of the Frisians in any rest of the gland.