3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
borismoiseevrmx 07.02.22 10:06 pm

Gwent rules for dummies (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

can anyone explain the rules of the game of cards on the fingers, intelligibly? It is clear that you need to score more points than the bot. But the fact is that those cards that I choose before the start of the battle (for example, the strength of the detachment is 100 with something) at the beginning of the con itself, 1/4 (MB 25 instead of the stated 100 plus) is available from the cards I have chosen. And the bot has these cards stupidly endless. Checked on YouTube guides, generally a dark forest
10 Comments
Sort by:
A
ArXangel_ann 07.02.22

borismoiseevrmx
the rules are normal - use your deck/leader skills and enemy vulnerabilities. Or collect a deck of monsters - they endure everyone, the most unbalanced deck. While there are no monsters, it is better to play as nilfs.

Otherwise, each deck has its own imbs: respawners, spies, summoners, etc.
You don't have to worry about the weather. Better horn.
It is better to blow the first round by luring as many cards from the enemy as possible. The AI ​​is designed in such a way that it will try to win in the 1st round. Therefore, you dump all the garbage to the stop. And the first move is also better left to the enemy.
In the 2nd round, the AI ​​passes with a high probability. In the 3rd he tries to win again. It was such that by the 3rd round the AI ​​came with only 1-2 cards, or even with the weather. Therefore, fishing for cards in the 1st round is a key moment for me personally)) Difficulties are only against monsters because of their ability to collect a bunch of clones from the deck.

but in general it would be easier to show your deck and specifically tell what the problem is and with whom. The tactics in the game are decent, it makes no sense to paint everything.

b
borismoiseevrmx 07.02.22

ArXangel_ann
It's still too early for me in subtleties, the thing is, before the start of the game itself, you choose the cards that you will use. I choose a lot of them; I choose cards of 8, 6, 10 levels (it says the strength of the units is 110 points, for example), when the game itself starts - instead of the 20 cards I have chosen, for example, there are 9-10 pieces and the most shitty 1-4 levels, of course, which are 3 rounds well no stretch, none of the most powerful cards that I chose before the start of the game (gold card that is not affected by weather effects). The bot always has an abundance of cards, it feels like a real player from the cards I have chosen can use 30% of the worst ones, and the bot is 100%. It’s probably better to play all the same with those cards that are the most, and for me these are the kingdoms of the north. Although the rest also bought in taverns

A
ArXangel_ann 07.02.22

clear, understandable, i.e. "in general, everything is bad"))))))
borismoiseevrmx wrote:
instead of the 20 cards I have chosen, for example, there are 9-10 pieces
firstly, you choose the cards from which the distribution will be, and not those specifically that will be on the table. Cards are dealt on the table randomly from those that you selected for your deck. You need to choose at least 22 of them (the game will not start with a smaller number) + special cards, such as "execution", "weather". Secondly, you are most likely confusing the right and left sides (since instead of 4-5 you are dealt 1-2) - on the left are all the cards that you generally have, on the right - those of which there will be a distribution. The distribution is random, as in general in cards. You can't pick 10 specific cards and play with them. You can only discard at the beginning of the game 2 cards of your choice and in return get another 2 (also random). But the distribution to you will always be from those that you selected. The cards left on the left will never be dealt to you by the game. In this, in fact,

borismoiseevrmx wrote:
A bot always has
too many cards A bot has the same number of cards as you. He just uses skills. For example, cards with a hand icon "summon" from the deck all cards with the same picture and the same denomination, even if they are not in the hand. Therefore, the monsters may end up on the table with 20 cards instead of 10 - these are specific skills of specific cards.

A
ArXangel_ann 07.02.22

borismoiseevrmx wrote: you can stretch
them for 3 rounds
. Foltest gives you a doubling (if open, of course) plus after the Kingdom round, 1 card is taken from the deck. Those. in fact, you have at least 12 cards in the game (not including units that can summon clones).

b
borismoiseevrmx 07.02.22

ArXangel_ann
Became Gwent champion in 1 day. What you say, and in general all the guides, no offense - it's useless. The game is such that it is impossible in principle to explain it intelligibly. This is such a highly complicated rock-scissors paper with a lot of nuances. The difficulty is that at the initial stages there are no good cards, and I suffered with the boatman for more than an hour, with the soothsayer for 40 minutes. And the deck itself needs to be adjusted before starting the game, prioritizing the most powerful cards that are not affected by weather cards, executions, etc. Spy cards are also useful, because. give 2 random moves, also I always pass if I have a lot more points than the enemy, but... I can’t explain this game, I understand (not completely, only the Northern Kingdom) but I can’t. Therefore, the topic is probably useless, because physically the rules are extremely difficult to explain - they can only be understood by a dreary trial and error method. PS that's what you say Foltest - I understand it now. But when I didn’t know what it was, it pissed me off, as it pisses everyone off who doesn’t know what a leader card is and what a tangible bonus it gives. The problem is that there is no normal, intelligible briefing on gwent in the game as such, a flurry of information is thrown at an unprepared player, which you absolutely don’t want to understand.

A
ArXangel_ann 07.02.22

borismoiseevrmx wrote:
And the deck itself needs to be set up before starting the game, prioritizing the most powerful cards that are not affected by weather cards, executions, etc. Spy cards are also useful
Well, what the hell did I write about XD
Useless so useless , OK. The game is simple as an ax, in the very first game you can understand the principle and then just build a deck without jumping to the world championships right away. Plus, in the settings you can set the difficulty level so that the AI ​​is stupid like a log.
borismoiseevrmx wrote:
who doesn't know what a leader's card is and what a tangible bonus it gives
. OK...

b
borismoiseevrmx 07.02.22

ArXangel_ann
Well, I didn't know about it, that you can tweak the difficulty, but I wouldn't do it: it's not interesting. By the way, if I completely neglected the gwent during the first passage of the story, is it possible to catch up on lost cards after? It's just that the gwent guide (book) states that there is allegedly another game in Kaer Morhen, but I know for sure that there is no one there anymore. Or will you have to start a new game to collect all the cards?

A
ArXangel_ann 07.02.22

borismoiseevrmx
played with Lambert? if not, then after the battle with the wild hunt, it is no longer available, as far as I know. It seems that cards were fixed in some patch, and now even if the quest is skipped or the inscription is gone, you can still take the card. But I don't know about Lambert specifically.
There are a bunch of guides with a census of all the cards, you can just check which one is missing and see if it can be taken / won somewhere.

If not, then only NG. In NG + cards also do not go - you have to collect in a new way.

b
borismoiseevrmx 07.02.22

ArXangel_ann
is there any specific info about which quests not to skip during the storyline, so as not to miss the cards for the gwent, which will not be possible to return to later? There is nothing specific on YouTube, general advice

A
ArXangel_ann 14.02.22

borismoiseevrmx
someone was banned from google...

well, for example
https://www.stratege.ru/ps4/trophies/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/ves_mir/card_collector/
http://kakotvet.ru/hobby/vedmak-3-gde-nayti -vse-karty-dlya-gvinta