3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Al Jay 07.02.22 10:46 pm

Paulo Coelho

The book "The Alchemist" by this author once helped me to stay with my beloved ... And in general, Coelho's parables are a storehouse of wisdom and experience. Who thinks about the work of this author?

PS. I'm drunk... YYYY...
109 Comments
Sort by:
E
EnglishQuaker 07.02.22

By the way, what genre / style of performance does the writer have?

D
Donald Tornado 07.02.22

Brazilian))

E
EnglishQuaker 07.02.22

Brazilian))
This is a gender, but I need a specific genre / style of performance: satanism or brutalism or classic? Or what is it more? :)

h
hott 22 07.02.22

hell knows ... what style .. the main thing is to write, and that’s enough to know! ... but I don’t need a pillow at all .. I sleep without it))))

M
Media Mishka 07.02.22

What do you smoke? Such a suspiciously strange enthusiasm

A
Alien13 07.02.22

I have read all of Coelho's books. In his books, the reader finds a lot of emptiness and meaning. It's just that each person gets his own, to the best of his perception.

E
EnglishQuaker 07.02.22

Like to each his own? :)

S
Succulentus 07.02.22

RussianQuaker
Everyone understands the type to the extent of their perception and their depravity. For example, my mother flatly refused to read Coelho at all after she had read up to half of "Veronica decides to die." You see, she absolutely did not like that the girl decided to commit suicide ... Here.

Of all his books, I consider Eleven Minutes and Zaire to be the best. This is the best. But the last "Witch of Portobello" seemed to me complete nonsense. All this is natural IMHO.

R
Red_El 07.02.22

But I've read "11 minutes" and "Veronica decides to die", I really liked it, the books give a lot to think about. Now I want to read The Witch of Portobello, but I can't get my feet to the bookstore.
In general, I can say one thing, the taste and color .... Everyone reads what he likes. I was curious what kind of fashionable such a wonderful "Duhless" was, I read it and just spoiled my own mood, interesting, but too pessimistic. And all the books by O. Robsky are fabulous and haemorrhagic, cool, but it’s fun to kill time in the subway like a magazine.

47th 07.02.22

Coelho, Coelho... He is a foreign writer :)) Although a good one. You need to read your own - Pelevin, for example :)))

A
Alien13 07.02.22

I agree that "11 Minutes" is a drop dead book, perhaps the best. From the work of Coelho - my favorite. "Zaire" is also good. Well, "Alchemist", where without him ...

S
Succulentus 07.02.22

47th, and why is everyone so attached to this Pelevin? I've read his books, but none of them caught my eye. And if we talk about our writers, then I prefer Nikitin.
But in general, you need to read not only "ours", "strangers". Variety is the most important thing :)

47th 07.02.22

Ashly2014 Variety is the most important thing
Lady, so I'm just for it :)) And then they ran into one Coelho - by and large, people read him, who are not just interested in the topics of his books, but simply because he is a fashion writer ... Like And Robski today ...
And when I spoke about Pelevin (of course, the taste and color :)), I meant that he catches our mentality more than the all-encompassing Coelho ...
But there is also Meyrink , Suskind, Richard Bach, finally...

E
EnglishQuaker 07.02.22

The worst writer is N.V. Gogol nah iniipet, because he wrote books in Satanic Books style :)

P
Paddle vs Pascal and Math 07.02.22

Paulo Coelho ....

probably some kind of footballer ...

S
Succulentus 07.02.22

47th
Well, why did they rest? :) Just a thread about Coelho :) so they write about him :) And, by the way, the same Pelevin is now no less a modem with us, like Coelho :) In general, there are many good writers, both with us and with them. But as they say, tastes differ. Although no. They just argue :)

47th 07.02.22

Ashly2014, exactly, ladies, they argue, or rather, discuss, if politely, then this is a pleasant and informative thing :))
And if by subject, then the closest thing to me from Coelho is still "The Magician's Diary" - his early thing .. She is the most sincerely written of all his books (IMHO) and autobiographical besides ......

S
Sp1rT 07.02.22

Paulo Coelho is one of the most successful parasite writers. Trash literature is all the rage right now and he's making a lot of money off of it. Now there are so many people who do not accept the classics because of their weak mental development, but very much want to feel smart! It is enough to be able to portray the presence of deep meaning where it is not, and you become a successful modern writer. Coelho is one of them.
That's just people who read really something smart, such books are not impressive. Usually people who consider Pushkin their favorite poet are fond of such literature, but hardly answer the question: "what works of his do you remember?"

S
Succulentus 07.02.22

Interesting opinion. :) Although I don't like Pushkin's poems :)
But everyone has their own opinion and you shouldn't slander the writer, thereby saying that everyone who reads him is an idiot. And what kind of "smart" books do you read yourself? And the classics are not interesting to read, because they are not written in an interesting language. Yes, the plots, characters, situations are good, but at the same time there are so many unnecessary words that spoil the whole impression. Take the same "War and Peace", are you interested in reading it? Progress does not stand still everywhere, including in writing. And now they write much better than before. This, of course, concerns really writers, and not the horror with which the shelves are mostly littered. Those who have read Yuri Nikitin's How to Become a Writer will understand me.

P
Pavlo Pavel 07.02.22

let's create a topic about all sorts of things ......
for example, about Petya Masha, Kolya Sasha