3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
slavaPBCH 07.02.22 10:46 pm

PC performance in games has dropped sharply (help!!!!111)

I can not understand what is the reason (because I do not really understand this). All games began to lag sharply, in normal mode the computer works fine. I’ll add screenshots in the game and the characteristics of the computer, people help someone who understands this

17 Comments
Sort by:
y
yuriko1158 07.02.22

the system is not for games. on windows 10 Home, updates are installed automatically, without notifying the user.
if possible, upgrade to the Pro version. There, at least you can temporarily not install updates.
obviously some kind of update began to interfere with the system ...

s
slavaPBCH 07.02.22

but before that everything was fine, the game was running at an average of 40-50 fps. Windows already demolished

D
DEAD SnAke 07.02.22

First of all, I would suspect a virus-miner (if indeed there were no lags before, and then they suddenly appeared, and only during the game). You need to check for any suspicious processes in the Task Manager, start the game - and see which process is eating up all the performance. However, if Windu has already been demolished and the problem still remains, then, as already written above, most likely the new update of Windows could have affected.

y
yuriko1158 07.02.22

slavaPBCH
If you install the same version of Windows, then it automatically pulls the updates "necessary" for the user. "Necessary" from Microsoft, and not from the user.
What do you want? demolition of Windows will not help.
you need to upgrade to the Pro version and disable updates for the duration of testing.
I set windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2021 for games,
it does not update itself. It does not disturb the processor by searching for updates. Minimum functions.

V
VETER15 07.02.22

slavaPBCH There are a
lot of displays, you have to decide. Yes, and their possibilities are limited today!

N
NoneOne2010 07.02.22

Perhaps the game on the built-in video card started?

L
Lain Rain 07.02.22

slavaPBCH
Hmm, is the additional power connected to the video card? Are there any problems with drawdown along the lines on the power supply?

L
Len4ik00N 07.02.22

slavaPBCH
slavaPBCH wrote:
but before that everything was fine, the game was running at an average of 40-50 fps. already demolished Windu
Means it is necessary to look towards iron. If nothing has been disassembled / cleaned / reconnected recently in the computer, then start by monitoring the temperatures and frequencies of the processor / video card under load.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.22

slavaPBCH
At rest, look, if there is a load, it means that the mine has caught

y
yuriko1158 07.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
, he won’t understand what to do. He won’t be able to find the meaning of the word mine. He’s new to the PC, he wrote that.
slavaPBCH go
to the task manager and see which process is behaving inappropriately. this will be the mine (miner).
how to open the task manager, google will tell you.

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.22

yuriko1158
This "newbie" monitoring brought to the screen. Is it difficult to open MSI Afterburner when it doesn't play at all?

y
yuriko1158 07.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
can and will open it, probably not quite a beginner :)
but he will not understand what process is disturbing the system.
one way or another, you need to wait for the TS, what answer he will give.

s
slavaPBCH 07.02.22

shorter figured out, it's vidyuhi. Put vidyuhu to a friend on the computer and everything is the same. Will have to get a new one along the way.

L
Len4ik00N 07.02.22

slavaPBCH
slavaPBCH wrote: I'll
have to take a new one along the way A
bold statement, taking into account the current prices for video cards)) If there are no artifacts, sudden shutdowns of the PC or monitor, firewood on the video card does not "fall off", then it's too early to bury the card. Maybe it’s just that the thermal interface has turned into kakahu and the video card, in order to save itself from overheating, stupidly lowers the frequencies (even with all this, noise under load is usually noticeably added, because the turntables work at maximum). It’s easy to check: see what frequencies / temperatures the card is under load, and then google it, as it should be, and compare with your data.

s
slavaPBCH 07.02.22

thanks for the advice

y
yuriko1158 07.02.22

slavaPBCH there is
no need to take a new one. It is enough to replace the thermal paste.
and how did you guess that the vidyakh was a hooligan? on a whim?

D
Denis Kyokushin 07.02.22

yuriko1158
But he didn’t show the main thing in monitoring: the frequency of the GPU. He eats 98.3W at the time of drawdown, and according to off-line data at the peak of 170W