3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
opachki_373 07.02.22 11:11 pm

Can't turn on RTX (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

I can’t turn on ray tracing, there are only D3DX 11 and 12
And I can turn on DLSS anti-aliasing but not reflections, because they are stupidly absent in the game settings. The latest firewood, vidyuha 2070.
13 Comments
Sort by:
G
GaryRouch 07.02.22

Here I have the same problem. I did not preload, but immediately downloaded the full version. I wanted to indulge in rays (I have 3070), but they are not in the settings. Just like you opachki_73. Also the last firewood. Maybe it's those who did the preload and who got the first keys (I'm talking about streamers).

o
opachki_373 07.02.22

Gary_Rouch
I did a preload, maybe we'll wait for the patch and see what happens next

S
Snow70 07.02.22

DLSS is RTX

S
Snow70 07.02.22

opachki_373
DLSS will automatically turn on the settings for full, for 2060 I completely forgot about such problems as you have with 2070

d
defy122 07.02.22

I generally lose my settings after restarting the game. :)

e
enge1 07.02.22

For those who do not know how RTX and DLSS are turned on, I'll tell you.
Go to Options, Video tab. Press the "F" key (additional image settings).
And there with the numbers "1" and "3" we are looking for the item "Ray tracing" or "High quality Ray tracing", if the vidyuha allows. At the same time, just below the “Render Mode” item should be “DX12 Ultimate (Ray Tracing)”. Exit, save.
Now about how to enable DLSS or FSR.
Everything is also in the video parameters, there is an item "Zoom mode". By default, there is a parameter "No upscaling". So by changing this parameter, you can enable DLSS and FSR. And I noticed some kind of glitch, not all parameters are selected with the keys (it skips some modes), but with the mouse everything.
Yes, and when I turn on DLSS, my game crashes, maybe the firewood is old. And then the game does not even start, in order to enter the game again, you need to fix the video config a little in the save files.
“My documents > dying light 2 > out > settings > video.scr” open with notepad.
And change the “Upscaler” parameter to 0.
I hope it helped at least someone.

o
opachki_373 07.02.22

enge1
Thank you very much for the answer, but I just don't have DX12 Ultimate render mode

e
enge1 07.02.22

opachki_373 What
video card? What driver version?

G
GaryRouch 07.02.22

enge1
Of course, thanks for the guide on enabling RTX, but it's already clear to everyone what and where to enable. Another question is that this item "DX12 Ultimate (Ray Tracing)" is not from the word at all. I have a vidyuha 3070 for 8 gigs, by the way, there were no problems with tracing in Cyberpunk.

V
Vedagor 07.02.22

Temporary solution for those who can't see DX12 Ultimate.

Open
%Your profile%Documentsdying light 2outsettingsvideo.scr

Open video.scr with notepad++, find the line and change it:

RendererMode("d3d12")
change to
RendererMode("d3d12ultimate")

Save and exit. If you change the video settings in the game after that, you will need to change this line again.

r
registrnojabrsk 07.02.22

opachki_373
I created a similar theme, my 2070 super settings were missing, only d11 and d12 rendering, no matter how it sounds, but only the Windows 10 update helped, you can see the latest direct libraries there.

K
Kommunist7304 07.02.22

Windows must be at least Windows 10 20H2 (recommended at least 21H1). If yours is older, you'll have to upgrade first.
Current version of Windows 10 21H2.

V
Vovancho_1restored1 16.11.22

Snow70
Dlss is a super anti-aliasing that increases FPS by reducing the resolution of the render in the game (while you see as if the resolution did not decrease), RTX is physical-correct real-time lighting and reflections that work thanks to the rays.