3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
armageddon_Trulio 07.02.22 11:37 pm

Is it possible to install a driver for rx 6600 without updating windows

In general, the card arrived recently, I download the driver, but it doesn’t start, it says the wrong version, after googling, I realized that it was because of Windows, and it would seem, what problems, updated and install, but only I turned off Windows updates for another year 3 ago, and of course I don’t even remember how I did it, or rather, by which method on the Internet. The only thing I have (was) is the inscription: "that your organization manages your settings" I searched the floor of the Internet on this topic, it seems that I called something, it seems that the inscription has disappeared, but the update still does not download, now where exactly the Windows 10 update issues error. With which I have no idea what to do. In general, I realized that I couldn’t get updates back, and I decided to just find out if the driver itself could be installed somehow without these updates
14 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evil in the flash 07.02.22

Try to update Windows through the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool if you can't find another solution.

a
armageddon_Trulio 07.02.22

Evil in the flash
Tried, after the first percent it gave an error

a

Or maybe someone has an installed driver for the 6600 at all, could they just upload it to a torrent or to some disk, so it seems like it should work

P
Pavel Rally 07.02.22

armageddon_Trulio
Search for previous versions one by one, for example:
Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.1.1
Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.1.1
Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.1.1 It's
best not to mess around and do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 (20H2).

a

Pavel Rally
Thank you, I'll try.
I really don't want to reinstall windows

S
Snow70 07.02.22

armageddon_Trulio
Activate Windows

E

armageddon_Trulio
If you still decide, then next time use this program "StopUpdates10", I have been using it for a long time, there were no problems updating Windows.

E

Snow70
And why did you decide that he did not have it activated?

E

armageddon_Trulio
You can also try to fix system errors using this article:
https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-RU/troubleshoot/windows-server/deployment/fix-windows-update-errors

a

Evil in the flash
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I saw the article, tried it, it did not help

a

In general, thank you all for your attention and help. I decided to try my own idea with downloading the installed driver, and it worked, everything was installed without problems, except that for some reason the performance overlay opens in an unforgivably small resolution, but these are trifles.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 18.03.22

armageddon_Trulio wrote:
organization controls your settings
Local GPOs means configured. And so, the video driver is best to download from the site.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 18.03.22

armageddon_Trulio

Before trying to update 1903 right away in 20H2 - understand if you have successfully installed at least one cumulative update no older than "Cumulative update 2020 09".