3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Taurin78 14.02.22 09:48 pm

several mods (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

Is it possible to install multiple mods in the game? In the descriptions about installing modifications, it says: "If the file already exists, rename it to another number (data3.pak, data4.pak, etc.)." but, for some reason, when renaming the "data2" file, most often it stops working, why is that? Maybe someone will tell? (google help, didn't help)
7 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis G 14.02.22

Well, in the first part it was the same, alas. You need to have some skills to competently repack these files yourself (they are, in fact, just a regular zip archive).
data2 should never be touched, there are game files. Usually played with data3.
The answer is yes, you can. Unless mods change the same files. Then first you need to edit them too.

T
Taurin78 14.02.22

It means data3 is being changed, it's a pity .... You can rarely find a suitable mod on them, they are mostly on a deuce, for example, in this game I needed a mod for weapons without breakdowns and immunity is invulnerable, so they are just all on data2 here and then you think what is more necessary, but I would like two of their workers at once

D
Denis G 14.02.22

Not certainly in that way. I wrote looking at the folder of the first part. For DL2, the latest game archive (at the moment) is data1.pak, so you need to work with data2.
If you need to combine two mods, it's easier to do this (for both mods)
1. Rename both downloaded data2.pak to data2.zip
2. Unpack them with an archiver
3. Combine the resulting folders (if the files inside are different, otherwise the mods conflict).
4. Pack the merged folder in zip and rename back data2.zip to data2.pak.
If there is some kind of file manager that can work with zips directly, everything is simplified.

p
prapor001 25.02.22

Taurin78 put a lot of mods, changed it himself without any problems, the date is already 12 and everything works

w
wintermute322 25.02.22

can anyone advise a mod that can add a paraglider and a cat hook ahead of time?

D
Denis G 25.02.22

prapor001
With this approach, there is a possibility that later "later" mods will "overwrite" the files of earlier ones.

d
demon 33251 21.08.22

There is no sense in this, the game does not start at all with several mods. Absolutely nothing