3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
farbizz 14.02.22 09:48 pm

Unable to play co-op with a friend through epic games (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

Hello, I decided to update the post a little, as more details appeared: Hello, I had a problem with co-op in Dying light 2. My friend and I were going to play dying light 2 in co-op, we both went through the prologue, we teamed up, played, super ! The next day, we were also going to play co-op, but we didn’t succeed, because I couldn’t open the epic panel with the shift + f3 keyboard shortcut. Shift+f3 didn't work, and it's not the keyboard (I checked). With all this, my friends list was not displayed and I could not join any other player. In the "find games" tab it was empty and at the bottom there was an endless download with the inscription "search for games". And when a friend invited me, I simply did not see the invitation notification. As I think, this problem appeared after the Internet was turned off in our apartment. I tried to play Dying light 2, but at startup I got a black screen with an endless loading. It was after this "event" that I think the cooperative stopped working for me. I wrote to both dying light 2 support and epic games support, but I did not receive any specific information on solving the problem. I can't return the game to the store. A friend with the Steam version is fine. Posted here in the hope that someone will help me, or maybe someone faced a similar problem. A friend with the Steam version is fine. Posted here in the hope that someone will help me, or maybe someone faced a similar problem. A friend with the Steam version is fine. Posted here in the hope that someone will help me, or maybe someone faced a similar problem.
10 Comments
Sort by:
b
barabear 14.02.22

farbizz wrote:
Does anyone know what to do?
buy games on steam

M
Marsj 14.02.22

Does your friend not have 450 friends on steam?

f
farbizz 14.02.22

Marsj
No, I wrote that I have a problem, I also forgot to write that the problem appeared suddenly. The day before yesterday we played normally, without any problems, but yesterday it did not work out.

S
SonyK_2 14.02.22

farbizz
farbizz wrote:
...I have a problem...
Maybe there was some problem with the network game in the EGS, did you try to write to technical support?
... I forgot to write that the problem appeared suddenly. The day before yesterday we played normally, without any problems, but yesterday it did not work out.
These things need to be clarified in the first post! How do others know what's going on with someone? - There are no psychics here. More information - more likely that they will help faster.

f
farbizz 14.02.22

SonyK_2
I changed the first post, with all the details that are available today.

S
SonyK_2 14.02.22

farbizz
farbizz wrote:
...changed the first post, with all the details as of today.
Okay, but it would be better if everything was written at once. I saw this in the changes:
... I think this problem appeared after the Internet was turned off in our apartment ...
After that, were there any problems with the network (working in the browser, other games)? - if so, another question:
How is the Internet connected to the computer: directly by cable (to the port on the motherboard), or through a router? - if the second, some settings in it may have flown.
PS My router is sometimes (very rarely) so "naughty", but through its "network interface" (configuring the router in the form of a browser web page), all settings are saved as a separate file. When a problem appears, I manually upload the file and everything works again.
If the problem is only in this game - write to its forum, maybe someone there has encountered a similar one.
...wrote both in support of dying light 2, and in support of epic games, but I did not receive any specific information on solving the problem. I can't return the game to the store...
Often technical support works like that - they try to get rid of it in any way so as not to solve problems. The developers of the game are busy fixing it - they have no time for this, and the epics are not willing to return the money for the goods. For the future - now it is advisable not to buy games after the release, but it is better to wait until the game is patched, based on the feedback of the most impatient. By that time, maybe there will be a discount on the game.
...A friend with the Steam version is fine...
Steam has a large client base, besides, it itself has a kind of forum where all the problems of each game can be discussed and found out the solution (I used it myself and helped). As far as I know, there is still no such thing in the EGS (if I'm wrong, I'll forgive you to correct it). When a game is initially bought with the expectation of co-op, it is better to take it all in one store - so as not to suffer if there are problems with a network game in one of the different ones.

f
farbizz 20.02.22

SonyK_2
Thank you for your help! By the way, I wrote in support of the game for the second time, they wrote to me "pass the prologue". They went to hell. I'll try to write to the game forum, maybe I'll learn something there.

S
SonyK_2 20.02.22

farbizz
farbizz wrote:
...I'll try to write to the game forum...
You can try to look for a solution in the "community" of Steam. Due to the fact that there is no such thing in the EGS, some users create topics there... ;)
Spoilerhttps://steamcommunity.com/app/534380/discussions/

f
farbizz 20.02.22

SonyK_2
Oh, thank you very much!

A
Arsen-Mach Ya-Iz-Yuk 18.03.22

barabear are
you funny