3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Neron_13 14.02.22 10:03 pm

Changing graphics and resolution does not affect FPS (Horizon: Zero Dawn)

I launched Horizon, I decided to go ahead of the new part.
I set it to medium settings, 1440p resolution, full screen mode, without vertical. In the opening scene, i.e. In the cave, the game gave out from 60 to 80, while there were small starters, as if the FPS fell below 60, although everything was normal according to the schedule. But as soon as the main map loaded, the horror began: 40-60, 40-70.
I started to change graphic settings, set a low preset - no changes, the same drawdowns, the same framerate.
I set it to 1080p - the fps went up a little, but the drawdowns to 40-45 frames remained.
I set it to 4k and the maximum settings - also 40-50 frames.
DLSS adds a maximum of 5-10 frames with a focus on performance.
At the same time, the frametime jumps like crazy from 10 to 30-40ms. I tried locking it at 60fps, same thing.

I had God of War at high and at 1440p at a stable 70 frames, but here it’s generally some kind of ass.

Well, the system is this:
5600x - 4.4GHz + 3060ti (0.850v, 1800 core, 16GHz memory) + 16GB ram 3200, game on hdd. win10.

Yes, and more, I monitor the temperature and load on the 2nd screen. I see that the card is loaded at 100%, but at the same time the temperature is 58-60 degrees, it feels like it is not fully involved.

Any thoughts? Where to dig? I rummaged through the entire Internet, looked at YouTube - nothing at all. Maybe in some file you need to change / register something? For people in a similar configuration at high settings, the game should give out an average of 70 fps, at medium settings up to 100. And I have a butt.
33 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 14.02.22

Neron_13
How much is the processor loaded during the game?

V
VETER15 14.02.22

Neron_13
This can be seen in games that are in the early stages of beta.

Faced this, in unfinished games.
Also, changing the quality of the graphics did not give anything. That at low 100% the card loads, that at high - in such situations.

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

Pavel Rally
CPU loaded from 25 to 55 somewhere.
GERA1987
It didn't help, everything is the same :(
DLSS seems to start working, the fps rises from 60 to 90, but then it seems to be forcibly reduced to 60 and I feel like the game slows down.
VETER15
But then others with my configuration should also have such troubles .

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

Here's how the game behaves at minimum settings:
Spoiler
How it works at maximum settings:
Spoiler

I
Izumi Sena 14.02.22

"Changing graphics and resolution does not affect FPS" and there the graphics don't change much, regardless of the settings.

"game on hdd" I think this may be the problem. similar projects are put on NVMe:
at least these words "as soon as the main card loaded, the horror began" dictate the logic of hard drives

P
Podvipodvertov 14.02.22

It's funny to read this - "I have an FPS of 40 frames, what should I do?" For me, such whining is akin to how people on auto forums inflate because one has acceleration from 0 to 100 in 7.5 seconds, and the other in 7.8, and for him this is sadness - and I can’t understand both, I just want the car to run and that's it. So I don’t understand the author of the post, and it’s funny to read this.
I don’t have a new PC at all, I thought the game wouldn’t work at all, but for fun I set everything to ultra, + maximum anti-aliasing, only turned off synchronization, and 1080p resolution. (the monitor does not hold higher), the game works, the FPS is surprisingly 27 - 30 frames somewhere, which is generally normal for me, I play everything well, I don’t even find a reason for myself to lower any parameter. And the author of the post is a whiner.

V
VETER15 14.02.22

Neron_13
2-channel operational?

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Izumi Sena
and the graphics don't change much, regardless of the settings
On the big screen, changes are very noticeable when switching from medium to high

FPS
Surprisingly 27 - 30 frames somewhere
And did the frame time exceed 37-33.3ms?

G
GERA1987 14.02.22

Podvipodvertov
Anything below 60 fps is a severe brake on the PC. Somehow I had a legion of 56 frames in my dogs, this is a living hell. Therefore, at least, it is 60-70 frames for comfortable gaming. Exception, strategies. There 50 fps are comfortably felt.

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

VETER15
Of course.
Denis Kyokushin
Yes, it happened. Why the frametime jumps so much - I don’t understand.

By the way, I also noticed drawdowns in video card loading from 99% to 10-20% and back. Literally a couple of times per session.
Podvipodvertov
First, thanks for your opinion.
Secondly, I was very surprised when a game older than God of War, on my hardware, did bo-bo eyes when GOW gives high 70-80 frames. This is at least strange.
Thirdly, for all testers on YouTube, the 5600x + 3060ti gives a stable 70 frames at high, and at medium 110.
Agree, 40-60 and 100-110 is a huge difference. One value is below comfortable, and the other, especially with Amd freesync, just gives a pleasant immersion in the process.
Well, and fourthly. Everything is relative. You, with your old computer, it seems that everything is fine with you (as it seemed to me on the G4560 + 1050ti). But as soon as you get to know the taste of STABLE 60 frames, at least go through one game without lags / freezes / starters that you are used to - you will immediately understand why people want stable and better frames.
I just want stability, at least 60 frames. But I have stateritis even when everything is in cubes, even when I set the resolution lower than on the monitor.

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

Izumi Sena I'll
try to move it to SSD, I'll unsubscribe.
Plus, I want to overclock the card not for memory, but for the core, at least take 2000, but I'm afraid that the voltage will have to be increased above 0.900, which I really don't want.

P
Podvipodvertov 14.02.22

Neron_13
I remember how RDR2 ran at medium high settings, deliberately sat and turned something off or turned it down, because first I set everything to ultra, well, to see how much FPS it would be, and then slowly turned down the parameters for an acceptable frequency for me.
On ultra at 1080p. I got 14 - 16 fsp, after that I will reduce one parameter, measure fps, then reduce it again, measure fps again .... and so until I feel comfortable playing, I will slowly reduce the graphic parameters, but it is important that the graphics are more less beautiful was preserved - raised fps to 25 - 26, it was fine for me, and went through the whole game.
Now I play Days Gone, everything is also on ultra at 1080p, fps 30 - 35 maximum, I generally play normally, there are no problems, I was even glad that the game went so well, and there is no thought to reduce something.
That's why I'm still sitting on the GTX970, because when it was possible to change it to the RTX3070, when it cost 54K rubles in the CSN, I changed my mind at the last moment - "they say why give such money for a card when mine is still working and all the games more or less launches? Therefore, I did not take it, and now you will not want to take it with such prices. Yes, I never get bored.
As a child, I played when in the mid-90s, the game started up there, if it’s already good, I didn’t even know about some fps.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Neron_13
I'll show you just a couple of videos:
SSD
HDD
To calculate the proper frame time, you need to divide 1000 by FPS. For example, with 60 frames it should not exceed 16.6 ms (1000 : 60 = 16.6). then the friezes are guaranteed
By the way, didn't downvolting on the map happen by chance?

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
even on rx 580 the game goes about 60 frames :(
And I have 3060ti...
I did undervolting. 0.850v, core 1800MHz, memory 16000Mhz

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Neron_13
Raise the pressure and see the result). Did you drive the RAM? Did you lower the timings?
In general, it would be desirable to upload a video here with monitoring in an overlay, like mine.

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
Yes, it would be necessary to focus on the core, and not on memory. But I don't think that +100Mhz will give an increase in FPS, maybe a couple of frames - no more. Denis Kyokushin here the thing is that I should go at least 70 at high. And 100fps at medium.
Memory 3200, timings did not underestimate, 16-18-18-36.
The vids are here.
High graphics settings:

Medium:

What I didn't render correctly. Jackal quality turned out

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Neron_13
Download this program and show your timings and sub-timings:
Spoiler
Download Aida64 and test latency RAM in it:
Spoiler
I think you have a large latency. Raise the voltage on the card at least up to 1.050v.

01001000 01101001 14.02.22

Neron_13
Undervolt tried to reset. there at 2.5k it should be around 90 frames.

Denis Kyokushin
Yes, not attentive. Corrected. It seems that he stuck the card into PCI-e x4.

He lost HALF FPS. There is a radical problem here.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

01001000 01101001
Neron_13 wrote:
Well, the system is like this:
5600x - 4.4GHz + 3060ti (0.850v, 1800 core, 16GHz memory) + 16gb ram 3200, game on hdd. win10.

N
Neron_13 14.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
01001000 01101001
Here are the memory tests, everything is ok with it
aida
zentimings

In general, I put it on an SSD, overclocked the core, checked it for stability in benchmarking - successfully. As before, the temperature of the video card does not rise above 62 at medium settings. Still fps from 40 to 60, no dlss.
Here is the vidos:

01001000 01101001 wrote:
It feels like he stuck the card into PCI-e x4
I may be a fool, but not to such an extent 😁
The card is stuck here:
Spoiler
Reset to default settings in MSI Afterburner did not change anything)
I honestly confused...