3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22 10:39 pm

CPU heating up (Forza Horizon 5)

I recently noticed that the processor began to get very hot during the game up to 80 degrees. The drivers are the latest, I looked through the dispatcher like nothing suspicious that could additionally load the percent. Who fumbles, throw a couple of tips on what you can do.
PS The cooling in the case is good, there are 4 additional coolers that operate at the 3rd rotation speed and even at that temperature, although before that everything was cooled normally at the 2nd one and there were no overheatings. Thermal paste changed half a year ago (for reference).
15 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
We need to change the paste, and see what has changed.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
Open the case and compare it with the closed case. If there is a difference, then it is poorly ventilated

P
Pavel Rally 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
https://forums.playground.ru/god_of_war_4/tech/nenormalnaya_nagruzka_na_tsp-1009935/#comment-19093456

M
Marsj 14.02.22

What processor? What kind of cooling for the CPU? How are the fans located in the case? Case fans are best set to minimum speed.

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Marsj
AMD ryzen 5 5600x , Cooling DeepCool 4 heat pipes up to 1650 rpm, 3 coolers on the front (that is, blown into the case from the front) and 1 for blowing out from the back.

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
well, listen, maybe now I did 2 stress tests of 15 minutes each with a closed and an open case, the results are in the closed 82 in the open 76. Serious numbers?

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
There is a big difference. It means that the ventilation is bad. To be honest, I don’t know how to solve this problem. I myself have the same problem, because of this the card heats up quickly and strongly. I play with an open case. in any case, you will have to bring it to mind, having initially studied the air flows in the system unit. I can give a hint: you need to pay attention not only to the speed, but also to the performance of the valves, and to the noise. Performance is measured in CFM (air volume). the housing must be equal to the outlet in volume so that there is no stagnation of warm air

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
seems to have solved the problem, changed the monitor's hertz from 75 to 60, set the setting in the game to 60fps plus sync, everything seems to be fine and in fact the temperature did not even rise above 65, let's say a stable 60 degrees, BUT ... For some reason, when you change the hertz 75 to 60, the color rendition changes, that is, at 75 there are good saturated colors, I change it to 60 and compare, as if you are looking through the film, the colors are pale and the picture in the game has become disgusting because of this, just a hand on the face, you solve one problem, another bunch appears .....

P
Pavel Rally 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
My monitor has its own setting for each hertz, maybe you also, go to the monitor settings.

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Pavel Rally
Please explain, I have never set up a monitor before, except on the monitor itself. Where do you need to go?

P
Pavel Rally 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
Write the model of your monitor, on mine there is a menu button, if you press the settings will appear.

If we are talking only about color, you can increase it in the video driver settings.

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Pavel Rally
Thanks, figured it out.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.02.22

Tamerlan525
seems to have solved the problem, changed the monitor’s hertz from 75 to 60, set the setting in the game to 60fps plus sync, everything seems to be fine and in fact the temperature did not even rise above 65
At a lock of 60 fps, you reduce the load by percent

T
Tamerlan525 14.02.22

Denis Kyokushin
I already understood this, so far I left it, it remains to understand why it started to warm up at 75 fps (in synchronization) since everything was fine before.

a
andru008 26.03.22

Change the body to the top blow...