3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikitozz55 14.02.22 10:57 pm

Arcanum vs. Fallout (Arcanum: Of Steamworks Magick Obscura)

Offering players who have played or are still playing Fallout and Arcanum to compare these games. After all, the developers of the arcanum are from the interplay shelter, the creators of the fallout (who does not believe - http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troika_Games). Let's compare certain aspects of the game, the depth of the plot and the atmosphere.
PS Do not chill.
PSS About Arcanum itself http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura
12 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mordrag 14.02.22

Steampunk and post-nuclear. Some do not digest 1, others 2. I still prefer steampunk. Arcanum is the game of the century, there was no equal to it, and, judging by the tendencies of igrodelov, it will not be.

N
Nikitozz55 14.02.22

Eh ... The main problem is that now it doesn’t matter whether steampunk or post-nuclear is the main thing, as they say "Graf000nnnn". Something like this.

S
SWAEIG 14.02.22

I regularly replay Arcanum, I like it) It’s a pity that I couldn’t launch it on the seven. After all, I played it purely by chance, but the game hooked me for many years. And how could it be otherwise, if with each passage I find something new, still a masterpiece of music and an excellent study of the world. Too bad there aren't more games like this...

N
Nikitozz55 14.02.22

It won’t be ... Because of the new fashion - the graph is the main thing, the rest later. And it turns out that there is a schedule - there is no soul. And the shkololo soul is not important. The graph is important to her. Pichal.

S
SWAEIG 14.02.22

Yes, I'm not talking about graphics, I'm talking about the steampunk style itself. He, unfortunately, is not in vogue among developers, and players are not spoiled for this. A normal fallout will come out sooner or later, New Vegas convinced me of this (Fallout 1 and 2 are big steps forward, other games under this name are steps back, foul3 is a double back somersault with a fall, but New_Vegas timidly stepped towards its ancestors; way still far away, but the direction is right), but something like Arcanum will not come out already.

M
Mordrag 14.02.22

In general, the style of steampunk is diverse. It is suitable for both single player games and MMOs. So, if someone wants to reveal the topic of confrontation between magic and technology to the fullest...

PS When I first played World of Warcraft, I was amazed to see a magic engineer :O

R
Radio Announcer 14.02.22

It’s steampunk to me, post-nuclear. But still, the fall hit harder. Although the horseradish will dispute that the arcanum is a masterpiece game.

M
Mordrag 14.02.22

Fallout... it's like a prototype. The first step towards perfection, which we saw in Arcanum. The only thing missing is more freedom of action. But for one continent more than enough. Dozens of branches in each dialogue, and the best roleplaying. Moments are especially pleasing, like finding the Bangellian scourge, when you don’t know how it works. Finds a good character, +20-25 character. He goes to perform some task in order to test his strength and there he makes a choice in the direction of evil. Because the character is already too small due to the influence of the sword, some good companion refuses to travel with you. Not understanding what was the matter and getting angry, we immediately cut it into two parts and travel further ...

V
Vartax 14.02.22

Today I went through Fallout 2 and today I want to tell you what I liked. I liked Arcanum. I liked Arcanum because of: the plot, the implementation of magic, crafting, quests and combat.
I understand that Fallout 2 is older and less mechanics. Fallout is also somehow attractive. Fallout is also cool and the story is cooler here. (Arcanum is also a good story)

C
Cap_Juwargane 11.04.22

two games are equally significant for the RPG genre

r
requiemmm 11.04.22

Arcanum is just an example of how you can overstrain, trying to make a dream game that has everything. After all, it really has everything, and a huge open world, and tons of quests, and a bunch of all sorts of opponents, and gear for every taste, and two combat modes, a lot of builds, each of which can beat the game. It has no balance. Anyone will pass the game, but someone can simply destroy all life in the game world, and someone rummages through the trash for half the game, resolves everything through dialogues, gathers an army of partners and also passes the game, but he needs much more effort. At the same time, the evil branch of the plot is even shorter, by a couple of hours. Fallach is more balanced, the player became a death machine with any choice of weapons and skills in about the same time.

S
Sweety_Mustard 11.04.22

requiemmm wrote:
Fallach is more balanced, the player becomes a death machine with any choice of weapons and skills in about the same time.
yes, this is a serious minus of the fallout - after all, the most thrill is when the character is still weak and the battles have to be steered on a thin one, but it is better to avoid them altogether.