3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rpccprrpc31 20.02.22 05:35 am

How to roll back the course of the game and make a backup? In the latest patch (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

I play epic gems, nothing has changed since the patch. In the latest patch 1.06c, a save save system has been added that allows players to roll back their game progress and their inventory to a safe save point in the last game's storyline.
There are cloud saves in Steam, there are no cloud saves in epic gems, how to roll back the game progress and what kind of system is this? As one backup was created automatically, so it is created.
9 Comments
Sort by:
k
klju6kin 20.02.22

In the main menu, select the item load save ----> move the mouse over the desired save ---> the action option "Rollback save" will appear (I have the W key).

E
Eugene 20.02.22

klju6kin
What it looks like, I don't have any kickbacks
Spoiler

k
klju6kin 20.02.22

EugeneNot
Strange... I wonder what it depends on, I have everything. Steam version, 1.06s.
Spoiler

E
Eugene 20.02.22

klju6kin
apparently this was not brought to epic games with a patch

I
I_parfenyk_I 20.02.22

Try pressing W even without a prompt, maybe it's just hidden, I had it like that until I pressed

k
klju6kin 20.02.22

For such games (which do not allow saving), I recommend a wonderful program called GameSave Manager, I have been using it for a long time to experiment with xD plot.
The only catch is that the rules for Dying Light 2 have not yet been added to the database, so you will have to write them manually (everything is convenient and intuitive there, but so be it, I’ll give you a little tutorial):
A SMALL TUTORIAL1. We download from the office. site, install, launch.
2. In the main window of the program, we are looking for the "Configure ..." section, the item "Configure custom entries"
3. In the "Custom save entries" window that opens, click the "Add" button.
4. The window "Wizard for setting up user records - Step 1 of 4" will open, write the name of the game there (in our case, Dying Light 2), click the "forward" button.
5. The "User Entries Setup Wizard - Step 2 of 4" window will open, just click the "go" button here.
6. The "User Records Setup Wizard - Step 3 of 4" window will open, !The most crucial moment! Further, all paths are given for the steam version of the game.
It is necessary to register the paths:
a) To save files and game profile:
%STEAM%userdataYOUR_STEAM_ID534380remoteout
How to find out your steam id? If only one steam account was used on the computer, then peep the name (number) of the folder along the path %Steam Folder%userdata. If you used several accounts, then check in which directory the 534380 folder is located, check the dates of changes of the files inside, etc., in order to reliably determine the right one. So, you have learned your steam id, then nothing complicated. Click the "add" button in the "files and directories for backup" section in the window.
6.a.1
The "Directory Setup Wizard Step 1 of 3" window will open. Put a tick in the field "... dynamically detect the following directory", select "Steam installation directory" from the drop-down list, press the "Forward"
button 6.a.2
The "Directory Setup Wizard Step 2 of 3" window opens.
In the "add the following" field, add the path to the Dying Light 2 save directory, namely
:
6.a.3
The "Directory Setup Wizard Step 3 of 3" window will open.
Optionally, you can click the "test" button in order to check whether the program will see the saving at the entered addresses to the directories. If there are no errors in the log, then with a pure heart we click on the "complete" button.

Next, by analogy, we add directories, but instead of the dynamically defined Steam folder in the first step, select "My Documents" from the list:
6.b and 6.

%DOCUMENTS%dying light 2out-save_backups
paste on the second stepdying light 2out-save_backups
6.b

c*) Game settings: *optional
%DOCUMENTS%dying light 2outsettings
paste on the second stepdying light 2outsettings
6.c

7. As soon as all the necessary paths appear in the "files and directories for backup" section, click the "Next" button.
8. The "User Posts Setup Wizard - Step 4 of 4" window will open, since we set the paths to the directories specifically for your steam-id, leave the "Yes, I want to share this post" checkbox empty and click the "finish" button.
9. Congratulations, you have added Dying Light 2 to your detection base. And now the most important thing, the actual functionality of the program. Suppose we decide to record a certain segment of the gameplay in order to roll back later.
Open the main window of the program, in the "Backup..." section, select the "Backup Gameplay" item, wait a few seconds while the program scans the drive for saved games from the database.

10. Before us is the gameplay backup window, to start the backup process:
a) Specify the directory where we will save the backups.
b) On the left side of the list, put a checkbox opposite Dying Light 2
c) Put a checkbox "Create a separate archive for each backup" + "Add a timestamp to the name"
d) Select the desired backup frequency.
e) Click the start backup button.
11. Congratulations, the program is working, you can minimize the window and start the game. The program at a given interval will archive data into *.gsba archives, from which it is very convenient to restore saves using its own tools, but if desired, archives can be opened by any archiver (for example, the same winrar). To complete the backup process, simply close the window with a cross.

12. If desired, simply double-click on the backup file and GameSave Manager will automatically open the recovery window.
To restore, simply put the checkbox opposite the game on the left and click the execute button at the top right.
13. Congratulations! You are amazing, now you are not dependent on the whims of game developers and you can save whenever your heart desires))).

y
yondaime174 25.02.22

Eugene Don't
try to check the files. Also from epic game, there is a rollback

A
Alex_Cat 25.02.22

I have no steam and no rollback. When I die, I have boot options from the bottom right and a rollback to the last story there too

E
Ewart 18.03.22

Damn, on PS5 after the patch I still can’t make a backup. But a friend started playing after he installed the patch, he has it from his account. I started playing at the start, after the patch there is no rollback option. Who ps5 unsubscribe about this. The rollback was needed due to a bug with the Night Runners mission. We need to talk to Frank, but in the end, a bummer. Written "wait please"