3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VsynC 20.02.22 05:44 am

DLSS = Soap in motion. (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

Strange that no one has yet created a topic on PG about this problem.

I think it's not worth explaining the essence, and so most of those who use 2k + monica + DLSS should already have noticed this flaw.
So the question is, no one tried to fix it somehow? Maybe there are some options through the Invidia Panel to tweak something to at least slightly remove these blurs, because personally my eyes are terribly lathered by these loops from objects in the distance (especially from the foliage of trees and bushes)
15 Comments
Sort by:
M
Max P 20.02.22

VsynC
Nothing can be done here, this is a feature of this technology.
Spoiler

V
VsynC 20.02.22

Max P
Well, it's not like that in all games, I don't remember it now, but I don't remember it at all in death stranding.
Yes, I generally see this for the first time with DLSS, or I stupidly didn’t notice before ...

T
Tdante 20.02.22

There is a sharpness setting, turn it around 45-55, it became normal for me by 50.

M
Max P 20.02.22

VsynC
Of course I did not notice, now this problem will be evident in all games where there is DLSS.

P
Pirat13666 20.02.22

Well, DLSS is complete crap. Turn it off and you'll be happy.
I speak as the owner of the RTX3080.

A
ABRAS 20.02.22

I noticed that if the FPS is low, then the loops hurt the eye incredibly, and with a high FPS, everything is more or less acceptable. If it's possible to raise the frame rate, that should help a little. It helped me partially.

V
VsynC 20.02.22

ABRAS
I have 80-100 frames with DLSS, but the loops still hurt my eyes.

V
VsynC 20.02.22

Tdante
Is it in the Game or Invidia Panel?

L
Listoman 20.02.22

This is not the fault of dlss, but of the poor post-effects of the game, there are a bunch of mods to turn them off. Well, the sharpness of dlss should not be set to too high values)

R
RubickDX 20.02.22

VsynC
is as it should be, dlss somehow degrades the picture for the sake of increasing fps. if you have 80-100 fps, why did you basically turn on dlss ?? and without it, it will probably be around 60 fps.

V
VsynC 20.02.22

RubickDX
has 60+ FPS 95% of the time, but there are drawdowns up to 45, which is not very pleasant. And it feels much more comfortable to play at 80-100 , so on the advice of one of the commentators above, I slightly sharpened Alt + F3 and some of the soap went away, the picture became more pleasant (Blurring is still there, but much less).

So my problem is partially solved! Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and experience + gave advice.

E
Elanu 20.08.22

Pirat13666
So? I am also the owner of 3080. Without dlss 30 fps on average. And what the hell is this? The advice is, of course, generally dumb.

P
Protocol10 20.08.22

DLSS is cal. How many have not tried, it seems like you can play, but there is always some kind of vague feeling that something is wrong with the games. Feeling like something is wrong with the game. As a result, he completely abandoned it, as well as generally stopped turning on the rays. In general, I advise everyone not to chase ultra settings in games. Play high or even medium.

S
SoulAssassinS 20.08.22

Hmm .... In the evening I'll try to check on the monitor in 2k ato in 4k I didn't notice this

P
PACNM 20.08.22

SoulAssassinS Have you
checked? I have the same garbage on fullhd monica. It looks like this DLSS is sharpened for 4k ..