3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Player_1 20.02.22 06:04 am

cyberpunk vs. cyberpunk (Cyberpunk 2077)

created this thread because I wonder if there is anything in common between the game "cyberpunk2077" and the books of the genre "cyberpunk/cyberpunk".
I think not. what do you think?
9 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis G 20.02.22

Expandable concept. Not everyone has read books and played board games; for many, cyberpunk is a setting. For example, for me, the same cyberpunk is Johnny Mnemonic, Blade Runner and Deus X. And I really don't care how they relate to board games. Mostly because I'm completely fucked up about them.

P
Player_1 20.02.22

while reading articles on the wiki, I learned the following: Is cyberpunk2077 based on cyberpunk tabletop RPGs? and has nothing to do with cyberpunk/cyberpunk books).
Now another question
. What are the cyberpunk board games based on?

c
cheezette 20.02.22

player_1 wrote:
what are cyberpunk board games
based on?

P
Player_1 25.02.22

cheezette
what kind of nonsense about prerequisites?
I asked a question that interests me, which can not be answered.
especially if you don't understand the meaning.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.02.22

I suspect that there are no cyberpunk books for the cyberpunk board game of the 90s, but there is a manual that describes the world but you can search. even like that, I came across some kind of video where the lore moments of the game and the board games were retold.
this is a bit not the case when there is the Witcher 3 and there are books about the Witcher 3 and there is also a TV series.

K
Kahran Ramsus 25.02.22

What did you read?

IMHO, there is a generally accepted classic - Gibson's Neuromancer. Knowing the plot of this answers the question in full.

Well, an opinion without arguments is worth nothing, who doesn’t care what you think there.

P
Player_1 25.02.22

what I dug up on the Internet:
cyberpunk game is based on cyberpunk board games (wiki: cyberpunk, cyberpunk) cyberpunk
board games someone just came up with (my personal opinion: they stole the name and concept of cyberpunk / cyberpunk from a popular genre of books?)
this game is not standalone project (google: standalone project)
on other forums do not put minuses, dislikes, etc. for a negative statement about this game (personal note)
if I find anything else, I will definitely add

M
Miko86 21.10.22

Player_1
The computer game was created in the universe of the board game (in the board game, the actions take place many years before the computer game), the board game was an independent project, not based on any books, etc., just a "cyberpunk" setting and that's it

B
Beirut 21.10.22

player_1 wrote:
while reading articles on the wiki, I learned the following Is cyberpunk2077 based on cyberpunk tabletop RPGs ?
You just can’t write to sell a product, they promised a lot of things))))
or rather, not even like that, they still rub some kind of game