3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
wintermute322 20.02.22 06:28 am

Game Mech Questions (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

I urge you to discuss issues related to game mechanics in this thread, here are mine:

Markers on a convoy-type map - do not disappear after clearing them, do they recover over time? Or will they just hang and litter the map without allowing it to be completely cleared out in a Munchkin way? The same goes for the night zones, I cleared one of them as a whole, the marker did not disappear, is it a bug or a feature?

The second question is about weapon modifications, let's say similar modifications to the blade and handle that give an 8% chance to hit with fire, a kind of crit. At both 8%, do they stack the same? The chance is rising, who noticed?
Or should I use different ones? Plus, I wonder if the damage stacks, so far I don’t trust them and use others.
14 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rin Shiroyuki 20.02.22

wintermute322
Shops, convoys, etc., endless points, they cannot be cleared completely, they are constantly updated. Crit chance and damage stack, you can put at least the same elements, it doesn’t matter.

D
Denis G 20.02.22

As for the modifications, it seemed to me that they were just some kind of beard. At least without pumping. Their only use is weapon repair. Yes, and that is conditional, there are so many weapons in the game that repairs are objectively not needed.

s
saa0891 20.02.22

Denis G
On the contrary, modifications are very useful, especially for explosive damage, they allow you to cut out crowds of zombies, and electricity and fire also do good damage, of course they need to be pumped.

D
Denis G 20.02.22

saa0891
Well, maybe, for me, as I said - "without pumping" - they give too funny bonuses. When for each level of a weapon its stats almost double, and mods give only a few percentage points, it doesn’t look very impressive.
Well, pumping everything in a row in one game is certainly not good to do. As soon as NG + is brought up, then it will already be possible to see what pumping gives the mods.

T
Tdante 20.02.22

That's about whether the modifications stack .... It seems to me that they do not, but they work individually. In the maximum pumping there will be 2 mods that will work each with a probability of 25%. I don't see them stacking. Something I did not notice that every second hit is a crit, but rather every fourth. That is, it can be 25% that one will work and also 25% that both will work at the same time. But these are my subjective observations.
Mods are useful, they just need to be pumped to the maximum, there is a horse damage bonus on crit.

w
wintermute322 20.02.22

Tdante
By the way, I put a thing on the handle of the ax that allows you to shoot fire like from a flamethrower once in a while, and on the pommel there is an electric one with a chance of proc, and so, a fire shot sometimes provokes an electric shock, the arc slips

w
wintermute322 20.02.22

another question about quests, I had a couple of side quests in the old villedor, I decided to force the plot a bit, it was interesting to look at the skyscrapers and I wanted to get a paraglider, I thought it's okay, I'll be back to finish it, but they disappeared from the task log, but the mark remained on the map , although some kind of strange, it is written completed, why is it needed?

M
Mr.DeZAK 20.02.22

wintermute322
The same song, with "crosses" on the award. Most likely, these quests have already failed, but some marks remained on the map - xs, mb what a bug.

s
sergey639 20.02.22

From game mechanics, which I accidentally learned about only after passing.

In areas where you have activated power plants and water towers, electrical panels and hoses on the streets become active, respectively, exploding with electricity and water if they are hit, or hit by an arrow. And if you hit them by accident, then they one-shot you, at almost any level. Also, in areas with open water towers, drinking fountains appear, in which you can heal for free. And shops in areas with substations, where their signs with electricity begin to beat all the runners, and others who want to climb on them.

Lighting UV-sticks thrown by you - not only scare off the infected and stun them, but also restore your immunity if you get very close to them.

With the skill of a reinforced kick with a running start, several times, depending on the complexity of the door, you can knock out closed doors, instead of breaking them open with master keys.

When pumping the master key to the last levels - they can simply break the locks with one button, instead of this stupid hacking mini-game (you will need a lot of trophies for this, especially without bothering with it and not farming them - you won’t pick them up for the entire game you have completed so much even). So see for yourself if it's worth it or not.

If you complete several Courier tasks, you will be given a key that allows you to open Courier Boxes scattered across 2 locations where the ingredients are located to create healing dressings.

There is one vendor in the game that sells honey, mushrooms and any herbal ingredients - the Witch, who lives in the Chapel of the Resurrection on the island of St. Paul (upper right region of Villedor). You can take a dozen good tasks from her, by the way, to kill and capture rare infected.

Also, I advise everyone from every sellers and artisans you meet, from the very beginning of the game, always buy all the scrap metal, alcohol and feathers - they cost a penny, and towards the end they start to be missed sometimes if you actively use Molotov cocktails and all sorts of arrows / bolts . And every garbage dump and a dead zombie - to loot for the hundred thousandth time, gets a little bored, by this time.

There are arrows on the bow that turn people into infected - so 1 shot with them from afar at any mini / bandit boss met in the camps or just in the city - and instead of a tedious enemy, you have a free powerful zombie farmhand who will clear your part locations from other bandits. And then he himself will die from the sun during the day and UV lamps at night, and even almost always he will give you an unusual / rare trophy of the infected for free from his corpse. And taking into account the fact that these arrows are crafted - 3 arrows for 3 trophies - it's almost a complete freebie, for cleaning up any camps or just heaps of bandits.

Toward the end of the game, a destroyed location will appear in it, on which a bomb will be dropped - and even during the day you can easily farm rare trophies, and runners, and thugs, and spitters ... there are a bunch of them. But at the same time, during the day there are no mourners who cause the chase. There is also a type of zombie that is rare in other places on the map - zombie merchants hung with bags, from whose corpses 4 types of loot at a time falls, like bandits of thieves, from blue mini tasks.

For cleaning metro stations - give 1 inhibitor. They differ - it is better to go to some of them at night, in which there are zombies. And in some - bandits, and you can go into them at least when. Where are some - you can look on the minimap, after finding them. At metro stations with bandits - there are generators, turning off which - zombies crawl out of all the cracks, which kill some of the bandits. Then this generator can be stupidly turned on again, and the UV lamps that turn on will kill everyone who crawled out infected.

After completing the mission in the television center, the tallest building in the entire game, an elevator begins to work in it, with the help of which from the first floor you can again be at its top at any time (or in the basement, or in the center, you can choose on the elevator panel, the final point) and fly to any high-altitude place on the 2nd map (depending on your pumping, of course).
Activating at the same time a number of funny Easter eggs from there. If you find this elevator, press the button to call it - and nothing happens - don't worry, and wait - it just takes a very long time. A few minutes sometimes, real time.

The crossbow that the Peacekeepers give you for 4 objects transferred to them is the only weapon that automatically increases its damage level, in accordance with the level of your pumping - 630 base damage from a regular iron bolt, without clothing bonuses for shooting, at your level 8, for example. Your maximum bow damage level, with the best orange, will only be something around 200, at this point, most likely.
For whom, of course - but as for me, the best ending is if you help the Survivors in this game. And the plot water pumping station, power plants and TV tower - to transfer them all the same, and along their branch, where there is a choice - go everywhere. But all other objects are not plot objects, you can safely transfer them to the Peacekeepers, and still get hold of this imbo-crossbow of theirs.

The maximum stamina level required to open all windmills and radio towers is 500.

This is most likely a bug for now - but now all army cargoes that drop army equipment for improving the glider, uv-lantern and grappling hook - in them this equipment is renewed indefinitely.
And it is possible from 1 chest, to which it is easier to climb, to upgrade all the equipment for yourself, periodically coming into it. And all the equipment, that the glider, that the UV-lantern, that the hook-cat - pumped over, many times better than their original version. And from often useless junk, things turn into imbo.

Also a bug, most likely. When you get to the 2nd location, it doesn’t matter what level you are now, even at the 4th-5th - there are several flooded chests from which you always get different epic / legendary gear and weapons of level 9 (the maximum in this game, hike). And these chests (who are interested, you can google where they are) - reload over time, and they again contain, another already, loot of level 9. So sometimes coming to them - you can already in the middle of the game practically, and everything in the max 9-level body kit is equipped.

D
Denis G 20.02.22

sergey639
Thank you, extremely useful info, I didn’t know much even after passing.

s
sergey639 20.02.22

Dennis G
Thank you.
In reality, all this, after passing, I found it myself.
Stupidly by chance, experimenting on everything.
And therefore, having already completed the game, I only realized that in many ways it is not as stupid as it seems at first glance)))

D
Denis G 20.02.22

Regarding infecting arrows / knives, it seems that someone has already written about the problem here, if they infect bandit bosses who need to be killed on the quest, the game no longer counts the killing of zombie bosses.
I don’t know if they fixed it in patches or not, but it seems that it’s better not to use this method on significant NPCs.

By the way, about farming and looting homeless people. I also read the advice, instead of looting every lying bum left after the massacre, you can move a dozen or two meters away. At the same time, the corpses disappear, and bags of loot remain in their place. Which are faster to pick up, and there is no need to search those homeless people who have nothing with them.

V
Vedagor 20.02.22

sergey639
Thank you for the information.

w
wintermute322 20.02.22

I found one feature related to difficulty levels, I started on medium, but noticed that it was too easy to play and switched to high. So, at a high level of difficulty, merchants almost completely stop selling the necessary things for crafting, such as scrap metal and alcohol, and they don’t buy some things and weapons, they had to be thrown away, because they didn’t bring things apart as in the first part, which is a pity.
When the time comes to sell loot and buy, you can change the difficulty level to medium right in front of the merchant, there is no need to reload, calmly sell everything to him, buy crafting materials and return the difficulty back. The feature is of course so-so, but I want more difficult opponents and at the same time not scour my nose in every trash can. Not tested, maybe on easy they will sell loot even better.