3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22 11:24 pm

It's time to dot the build. (Diablo 2)

The term "Bild" really implies an attitude towards the character as an inanimate entity, an object. In a number of RPGs, including MMORPGs, the use of this term is erroneous. The bug occurs when the main gameplay of an RPG is focused on a character performing their predetermined role, or at least a task, for a long time. In this case, indeed, a person becomes partly this sharp-eared creature of a high level, and treating your character as a machine can greatly jar. To describe the features of such a character, it is better to use the word "pumping", and for manuals on it - "guid".
Another thing is when the main RP is not sewn into a specific game character. As firkax certainly correctly noted, roles in d2 are not "powerful and brutal barbarian" or "delicate shirt-film", but huckster, anichomason, PC, scammer, beggar, etc. The characters in this case are used as a tool for role-playing, and not for self-association with them. Sorka the locomotive is not a person. Sorka locomotive is a mechanism with finely tuned performance characteristics. Pindle-ama is the same. And for the optimal tuning of such tools, the corresponding completely soulless techniques are used, and the result of this work is a build. Character build, as a result of engineering work, not education. Like design, form, style. There is no soul in a 10k Deadman race, and there is no soul in a tool designed for a specific task.

I propose to close the topic of bilds on this, and not to dispute the particular use of this term to denote the essence that it most adequately reflects.
20 Comments
Sort by:
U
Uncle Fred 02.03.22

This is your personal syntax, Letters/. For me, for example, the word "beat (b?) D" does not mean anything like that. Therefore, I can use it as I see fit. Another thing is that I don’t go into someone else’s monastery with my charter - I’m not an asshole ...

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

goodwin emerald
is good

T
T Fox 02.03.22

It's time to dot all the trouble.
The term "Cattle" really implies an attitude towards the character as an animated entity, an object. In a number of RPGs, including MMORPGs, the use of this term is erroneous. The bug occurs when the core gameplay of an RPG is focused on performing a character's predetermined role, or at least a task, for a long time. In this case, indeed, a person becomes partly this sharp-eared creature of a high level.

3m3m 02.03.22

mene pof - BUIILD!:C

f
firkax 02.03.22

roles in d2 are not "powerful and brutal barbarian" or "delicate shirt-film", but huckster, anichomason, PC, scammer, beggar, etc. In this case, the characters are used as a tool ... Sorka-engine is a mechanism, with finely tuned performance characteristics, the
first - yes,
and the second does not follow from the first, it follows only from the player’s personal preferences
and, accordingly, players who have such "preferences "(By the way, wig-making is an aggravating circumstance) - not the norm and it would be better to fix it (the rest has been deleted)
(I wanted to write another unflattering characteristic here, but also deleted it)
(I wanted to write an unflattering analogy here, but changed my mind and deleted it)

h
heart carver 02.03.22

I wanted to write something witty here, but I didn’t come up with anything

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

firkax
players without such preferences do not use builds

"players with such "preferences" just use the word build for its intended purpose. You push on them and say that they are wrong, and the word is used incorrectly. But how much, completely subjective, whether they are normal or not is a question not from this topic,

and the second does not follow from the first in any way, but it is highly correlated.

f
firkax 02.03.22

bd_sm[TDPG]
actually there are 4 options
1) the player is not like that, he is normal and does not use this word - everything is ok
2) the player is not like that, but he uses this word out of stupidity - I will explain to him what's what and he will stop
3) the player is like that , he uses the word for its intended purpose, but after explanations he will understand that he was wrong (in terms of "preferences"), he will correct himself, become different and stop using this word
4) the player is like that, he uses the word for its intended purpose, ignores explanations, does not want to be corrected - such a player doesn’t care if he is uncomfortable with the explanations or he experiences any other emotions - also don’t care,

in total out of 3 cases of explanations, two will turn out to be useful and one is neutral - the explanations are definitely useful on average, so I will continue to repeat them
in addition, in the fourth case, the word serves as a sign of a slight (at least) inadequacy of the speaker, and remembering this sign is also good

Q
QLinkee 02.03.22

I will be inadequate.

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

firkax
"do not care about such a player, if he is unpleasant from explanations or he experiences any other emotions - also do not care" - this is a spit in the face of the community,
as I wrote earlier, the main thing for you is not to find the truth, but to push through your point of view, which you just confirmed
to come to people on a forum where they communicate in their own language, using the terms for their intended purpose, and spitting ("if he is unpleasant from the explanations or he experiences any other emotions, don't care either") on them, to bend your concepts - inadequacy
because of this, the inadequacy of the compiler of "points" should be taken into account, and the scale should be renormalized

. In addition, the range of likes in this topic further emphasizes the distribution of forum participants by "points"

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

Dobermn
Young man, I've been here much longer than you. So it's not for you to push me about the community.

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

firkax
Just don't pretend that you're part of the community :D
You were an autist with noble show off, and now there. If here they used to communicate somehow differently, it is not at all for the reasons that you are now pulling us on the globe.

Q
QLinkee 02.03.22

>> if someone here came to someone, then it's you with a dober to me and not vice versa
A reg later than bdsma. Well, here xs, maybe the firka still has an acc.

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

firkax
I wanted a normal discussion, but you ruined everything, which was, of course, expected, for the reasons described above.
If you talk to you in your
Spoilerto style, you are not from time at all, but from somewhere on Mars. Therefore, you do not have a self-determined "vote" right.
But why talk in your style? We are decent people here. So come on, either the arguments are essentially for the build, or merge, as befits a normal person.

c
cr0x 02.03.22

I would also give a couple of examples here: Sorceress-soso Druid-dudu In the chat, they have been writing this way in trade lists for a long time, for example: O soso torch xx-xx and not only there ..... And firk writes some nonsense on this one check. He has some cockroaches in his head about the current slang on the server.

R
Rivnyanyn 02.03.22

Build-schmild, what's the difference. How many people have so many opinions.
What I learned for myself on the forum: firkax shields those who write "build" with noobs.
Torum. and another half-forum shield firka as a noob in pvp.
Dobermn shields everyone except his master with noobs)))
Obsessed - Father)))
cr0x And who are you?)))

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

6Kau6
NEğOĐiÅY

c
cat-stargazer 02.03.22

Rivnyanyn
Crox is just a well-known personality, but who are you? :))))
bd_sm[TDPG]
Stop trolling Firka :)), with all his shortcomings, he has one huge advantage (not in his pants :)))), unlike many here, he is a well-mannered young man, albeit with noble show-offs and adequate in the best sense of the word, and this is definitely a shortage on the forum, don't you know.

R
Rivnyanyn 02.03.22

kot-stargazer
I didn't mean to offend cr0x in any way. Last year, while I was grazing here, and even this year, if I saw him, for some reason I did not remember him. And then a small one was watching "The Golden Calf", and I just got into the dialogue between Shura and Panikovsky, I couldn't resist, so I blurted out)))

b
bd_sm[TDPG] 02.03.22

firk's messages about his pvp victories should be treated with extreme caution
for reference: firk in pvp is not dangerous, his game is reduced to inflicting random damage once a minute from an overlapping distance
, what happens on the field, where players usually ignore him, is interpreted as his own victories / defeats, although in fact the players are doing something else
, he mentally extrapolates such a situation, while receiving the result "no one will kill me, since I will run away, I will kill anyone, since I have unlimited mana, time, and a lot of arrows", as a result of which he periodically declares that he is the strongest in pvp
, of course, fair does not appear in tournaments and games, as he uses a build that does not pass the qualification of fair games