3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NisyBoy 02.03.22 11:24 pm

Games (windows) do not want to use RAM

The crux of the matter is this. Disabling I means the swap file. I play games for several hours (gta 5, witcher 3, lords of the fallen) Windows 8.1 (later 10) gives a warning that, like lack of memory, close applications. MSI aftbrner shows max opera consumption of 4.5-5 gigs (in heavy games) only 8 gigs of opera. The task manager also shows that about 3 gigs are free. I turn on the swap file, for example, set it to 512 or 2048. Games start eating the swap file, while slowing down on a slow HDD and they don’t give a shit about 8 gigs of RAM (the message will soon appear again). What kind of idiocy is this??? I immediately say for the sorrow of commentators: the problem appeared on a clean win7, win8.1 and win10, there is enough free memory on the disk (on C 30 gigs, on D 400 gigs). After the system displays this message, I open the task manager and see that the game consumes about 2.5 gigabytes of RAM, 2 gigabytes are cached, 1 is occupied by the system, 2.5 gigabytes are free. AND WHAT IS IT, IN THE OPINION OF THE SYSTEM, LITTLE?????? The game works for a while, and after a repeated message, it crashes, hanging the system.
9 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 02.03.22

Witcher 3 consumes not 5 gigs of opera, but at least 6, and sometimes all 8 miracles of optimization. This game is definitely not enough with three hours of play

N
NisyBoy 02.03.22

X_ray_83
MSI afterburner showed a maximum of 5.5 all the time. Monitoring is our everything.... I have not seen at least one game consume more than 3 gigs. What the developers say is usually bullshit ... I repeat once again Everything was MONITORED.

X
X_ray_83 02.03.22

And if you put Windu 8.1 here, it needs 2 gigabytes of RAM + 8 gigabytes for these "smart games" and that 10 gigabytes for the miracle of optimization.

N
NisyBoy 02.03.22

X_ray_83
Once again I say EVERYTHING WAS MONITORED. I never have 100500+ tray programs running. Windows that 7, that 8.1 and 10 does not consume above 1 gigabyte. Everything above is third-party software. And further. Are you saying that the task manager and msi afterburner monitor the system status worse than your "sharp eye"? ^_-

X
X_ray_83 02.03.22

NisyBoy
In Witcher 3, even Windows shows exactly more than 5, and in the requirements, not for nothing, 6-8 are not from the ceiling.
In GTA 5, probably online, the RAM is generally gone.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.03.22

8 gigs is not enough. I have gta drinking ate 8-10
games are not designed to be loaded into op memory. Most people still need a swap file
without it, errors and crashes are likely. for 8 gigs of RAM, at least 12 gigs of the swap file is needed, and more than the game needs, it will not take away, and with a large swap file, it will overwrite it sharply.
RAM is leaking because most likely part of the RAM is reserved for the built-in core, or even the card itself. reserved for this system two. on my laptop, it will also say that the collapse of the cat is approaching there, at most 5-6 gigs is occupied and 17 of the swap files out of 20.

X
X_ray_83 02.03.22

NisyBoy
What about Crysis 3?

N
NisyBoy 02.03.22

X_ray_83
In the Crisis, all the rules seemed to be.

D
Denis Kyokushin 02.03.22

NisyBoy
Turn on the paging file. I eat 7160 MB from it and 5251 MB of RAM: