3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aleks9044 03.03.22 01:08 am

Victory Markers (War Thunder)

Guys such a question, what marks of victories did German pilots, for example, set themselves? stars there for the USSR or did you draw crosses for yourself? and vice versa in other countries and in the USSR, what did they draw for themselves about beaten Germans? if anyone knows please write!
12 Comments
Sort by:
L
LOIDD 03.03.22

USSR STARS

42russ 03.03.22

Aleks9044
and in Google did not try to hiccup? or Wikipedia

s
schta 03.03.22

LOIDD
sometimes, in exceptional cases, the pilots painted crossed out black crosses or crossed out swastikas. And, of course, red stars

s
schta 03.03.22

Aleks9044
The generally accepted marks of victories were, in the vast majority of cases, red stars. But it should be noted that not every pilot who has aerial victories on his account painted marks on the plane. Most of the pilots didn’t draw anything at all, they didn’t bother with it at all.

s
schta 03.03.22

Well, the "Europeans" usually drew national symbols of downed enemies or symbols of aircraft (for example, a fighter or bomber). Who in what much, in general.

M
MrGutlya 03.03.22

is not to know? oh well .... screenshots in Google dofiga

M
MrGutlya 03.03.22

schta
didn’t bother .. but it was necessary to prove that it was you who shot down

s
schta 03.03.22

Vlad Voronin
no. There were times when there were significantly more stars on board than confirmed victories. I can’t speak for everyone, but, for example, in the air defense regiments based near Arkhangelsk, there are a couple of examples. ))
The very statistics of accounting for victories were far from perfect, I agree. "Pripiski" existed, exist and will exist.
However, on the issue of "draw" or "not draw" pilots quite often leaned towards the second option for a number of reasons. It was not regulated by anything. If you want - draw, if you don't want - don't draw. Not a problem.
By the way, it also happened that many pilots drew marks about victories won individually. The victories "in the group" were either not drawn, or drawn in a different way. Who drew, in general.

PS: I can’t say if it’s true or not, but somewhere I saw information about attempts to regulate victory marks. The phrase "red five-pointed star 15 centimeters high" comes to mind. But I can’t say for sure whether it was implemented at least somewhere.

s
schta 03.03.22

For example, Boris Safonov, the most famous fighter pilot of the naval aviation of the Northern Fleet, did not draw marks about victories. But on his planes there were distinctive inscriptions. Although officially he scored two dozen frags. I wanted to draw.

A
Aleks9044 03.03.22

schta
Thank you very much!!!

s
schta 03.03.22

Aleks9044
Great "health". My friend, if you are interested in the topic of military aviation, then I advise you to read good literature first. Both documentaries and journalism. For a change, you can read all sorts of fairy tales from rezunoid-like authors))). For contrast)))

PS: For a very quick reference - there is a drop dead site "corner of the sky", there are small articles that are quite suitable, and also in each article there is a list of references. It will work as a pocket site. But literature will show you the real state of affairs on the questions sought.

A
Aleks9044 03.03.22

schta
ok. I'll definitely check it out, thanks again!