3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22 10:21 pm

Low frame rate in game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello, my pc:
processor: intel pentium g2130 3.2 Ghz (dual core)
graphics card: nvidia geforce gt 630 (2gb)
ram: 4gb dd3
This pc gives ~15 fps in the witcher 3 (1.07 gog) on ​​minimum settings (1280x720). To raise frames, I downloaded various fps configs, deleted files with grass and trees, cut down the rendering range of the terrain and texture quality (hunters config), tried to run it using cpu control and gamefire - no increase, although gta 5 on "standard-high" gave out 35 -40 frames and even unity 12-20 fps at low. And I also noticed that when you start the game in the task manager, the "witcher3" process is in last place and consumes about 2.5 MB of memory (~ 2400 KB), increasing the priority from medium to "above-medium" or "high" game without frame rate increase changes it back, despite the fact that the RAM load is maximum, and the CPU load jumps 40-100% (the same gta 5 80-100%).
I saw on youtube the game was launched on slightly weaker systems and with a higher frame rate. How else can you raise fps EXACTLY ON THIS HARDWARE?
17 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tatar 89 03.03.22

percent and video card is not so hot with you, it doesn’t draw much percent

D
Dimkinpark 03.03.22

Try to use the Aksy sign, it's just that your computer starts to worry when you run witcher3 on it

R
Ret Ert 03.03.22

-NiKiToS-
at minimum settings (1280x720)
downloaded various fps configs, deleted files with grass and trees, cut down the distance of drawing the terrain and quality of textures
Or maybe it's better to postpone the game until better times?

F
Filis 03.03.22

-NiKiToS-
You made a mistake with the time, now it's 2015, games on 2 cores, if it's not core i3, are not so hot, you can only drive at maximum speeds in the first part. There is another option of going to the store for new hardware :)

G
Geth Hunter 03.03.22

Didn't your eyes leak out to play the witcher with cut grass and zero draw distance at minimum pay? Or is this a new kind of perverted pacgaming?

D
DreamFAW 03.03.22

I played on Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16ghz and GTX560ti somehow, and then the vidyuha burned out: D
In general, wait until better times, you will always have time to play, what's the point of suffering so much now?

X
Xavier_29Th 03.03.22

On version 1.04 of the Witcher 3, on the system: Athlon x2, 3.5ghz, GTX550ti and 8 oz, the game ran at 30 fps, in Novigrad 25 fps, more or less, passed at the death level, quite playable. (everything in the game is set to minima, I didn't change anything in User.cfg, I changed some options in the Nvidia panel to "high performance").
... but at 1.07 fps periodically began to sag to 15. The patch for majors ... sadness.
I am not going to take on a new system either finances or desire, because. technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, and my system is still not completely obsolete. .... in a couple of years it will be possible to take the TOP one, which will wipe its nose with everything perfect today.

-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22

Geth Hunter If you leave "enhanced definition" enabled, then the game looks not so bad, I also wonder why the witcher 3 process is in last place and the processor for such a game is loaded poorly, an increase in load could give, for example, 5-8 fps.

K
Kahran Ramsus 03.03.22

-NiKiToS-
oh lol, you have processes ordered by name. so he is at the end. Yes, and what kind of rubbish is it eating the already unfortunate 4 gigabytes of RAM: notifier on Java and the game center mail.ru - brrrr ugly. do not expect more fps from your config, then the game generally started well.

-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22

KoranRazmusUsually, when playing, I turn on gamefire and close unnecessary processes, and in general I wonder how much memory the witcher should consume in the task manager?

K
Kahran Ramsus 03.03.22

-NiKiToS- you
run what thread of the program for monitoring, like cpu-z you play for half an hour, you look at the logs.

-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22

On what patch is the game running the most stable? Looks like each computer is different...

-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22

Having poked around the hunters config, it was possible to raise the fps, however, after a long dance with a tambourine, some of the parameters turned out to be 0 (before that there were 6-9 digit numbers))

-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22

Something like that)

A
AntAlar 03.03.22

-NiKiToS-
if possible, check if your video card supports DirectX 12 (and as far as I remember, the 6th series supports it) and install windows 10 for the test. 12 Direct gives a pretty good performance boost. In general, they said correctly there, with 4 gigs of RAM, you need to cut down any unnecessary trash and leave only the most necessary.

B
Brannan 03.03.22

Frame Rate Question: Is there a performance difference between Win7 and Win8.1? In other words, will The Witcher 3 under Win 8.1 run at a higher frame rate or not?

-
-NiKiToS- 03.03.22

In the Witcher, you can disable the system requirements check with the -dontforceminreqs command in the shortcut, what is this cancellation for?