3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
warp 37 03.03.22 10:47 pm

Upgrading OEM-activated Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro

I would like to ask another question about upgrading to Windows 10. I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installed on my computer with OEM activation. Activated with Windows Loader by Daz.

I plan to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in order to obtain a license and then cleanly reinstall the OS. The question is: when you upgrade from Windows 7, does the new Windows get activated? Will the activation disappear after a clean reinstall of the OS?
9 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oak Sorcerer 03.03.22

warp 37
Using AIDA 64, you can pull out the key that will be given during the update. Great for a clean install.

w
warp 37 03.03.22

OakSorcerer, I'm planning to link Windows 10 to my Microsoft account. In this case, it will also be necessary to save the key?

A
Alex Coachman 03.03.22

warp 37
Not likely with a loader. It leaves marks and burns easily. If you yourself put the normal firmware on the BIOS with the handles, Installed the corresponding certificate and key through the command console, then it's another matter.

w
warp 37 03.03.22

Alex Coachman, this is not a loader, but an OEM activator. As if the OS was activated by PC builders with an OEM key. All checks pass without any problems. Probably even better than KMS.

O
Oak Sorcerer 03.03.22

warp 37
In general, I read that you can not enter the key, but just in case, I used and saved my own :)

A
Alex Coachman 03.03.22

warp 37
You wrote "Loader by Daz" yourself. So if you run it, you will see that there is a deactivate button opposite the used item. And all because, in addition to the actions I have described, it also makes a bootloader to emulate the BIOS, since you did not flash the BIOS with the handles to the correct one and it will not be able to flash it for you. And I know about OEM activation. I've been activating it myself for about 5 years already. Only correctly, with a preliminary BIOS firmware for a suitable one for OEM.

w
warp 37 03.03.22

Alex Coachman, does it make sense to reactivate via KMS?

A
Alex Coachman 03.03.22

warp 37
See for yourself. I'm not really in CMS. I can't vouch for reliability. But if you are going to be sure to deactivate the loader, do it. By the way, I read that kms in general activates 10-ku. That is, in principle, you can install and activate 10-ku from a flash drive.

w
warp 37 03.03.22

Alex Coachman did just that at work. I just want a license with the Store and all the features on my personal PC.