3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SSStylish 03.03.22 11:20 pm

Upgrade

Currently installed Intel i5-2500k. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to overclock - either the iron is like that, or my hands are not from that place. In winter, the processor will be 4 years old, hence the question - is there any point in changing it to something now? I look at the prices and get scared, but on the other hand I want to go step by step with progress.
11 Comments
Sort by:
7Rain7 03.03.22

Go step by step with progress. 4790k.

S
SSStylish 03.03.22

7Rain7 I'm
also looking at him. And what motherboard is under it? I'm looking at Asus and Gigabyte.

7Rain7 03.03.22

SSStylish
If you will not drive, any one you like. If you plan to overclock, and the K index, as it were, means overclocking, then the asus are on the z97 chipset. The gigs aren't bad either. Here, consider what the costs are. From the asus z97-k as the initial one, to the deluxe, you can safely take it.

S
SSStylish 03.03.22

7Rain7
I'll try to drive, I hope it works.
I looked at ASUS Z97-A and Gigabyte A-Z97X-SOC. Both are in the same price range.

7Rain7 03.03.22

I'm more attached to the asus, so I won't be objective. But I think there are reviews. I definitely saw Z97-A somewhere. A normal mother, she will give you all the overclocking functions. Here's which one you like best.
http://www.benchit.kz/articles/obzor-i-razgon-materinskoy-platyi-gigabyte-z97x-soc-force.html
Although giga looks interesting.

S
SSStylish 03.03.22

7Rain7
Thanks for the help, I will think.
I'll have to think about the cold as well.

7Rain7 03.03.22

SSStylish
Some kind of bastard downvoted us. My pleasure. And happy birthday. Just noticed.

S
SSStylish 03.03.22

7Rain7 Fuck
him.
Thanks. :)

D
Dart Maul 03.03.22

7Rain7
Go step by step with progress. 4790k.
After 2 weeks, the announcement of the skylake, so that.

7Rain7 03.03.22

DartMaul
Well, it's not known for the prices yet, and for games, it's not to say that it gives a special increase. I haven't seen it on the list yet. Until it appears, until the greed of our dealers is tempered. Unless to go at once on a new socket. And how long it will be durable is also a question. Will not befall to take into account the 1156th.

h
helio 03.03.22

there is no point in exchanging 2500k (except for show-offs) it will definitely be enough for another 3 years, or even more because of the braking consoles