3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Destroyer_26 03.03.22 11:33 pm

FPS on gtx 760 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In general, the fps at medium settings is around 35, I set the limit to 30 fps, it seems to be stable, but it’s very unpleasant to play, there is no smoothness at all. I looked at the tests of this video card on YouTube, everything is about the same, fps 30-40.
33 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stone_xp 03.03.22

Friend, do not lose heart)

I also have 760. I have 5 4590 percent.
So - the card is 99%, the percentage is only 30% in the kick itself.
So there are 2 options here, either we will be at a locked 30fps, before changing the map, of course. Or a patch will appear that will slightly improve performance, increase the load on the percentage, and then by 760 it will be possible to run at medium-high and 60)

in general, we believe and wait ....

p
penoplastik 03.03.22

I'm also wondering, does everyone have a map loaded at 99% when playing?

D
Destroyer_26 03.03.22

Stone_xp
Thank you for unsubscribing, even though I'm not the only one. By the way, I have an i3 4330, it loads by 40-60%, that is, the entire load goes stupidly to the video card. discomfort

D
Destroyer_26 03.03.22

penoplastik
What kind of card do you have? And yes, the game doesn’t care about the percentage, you can stupidly buy a new video card and the percentage will open it. And they wrote i7 is needed, yeah of course

S
Stone_xp 03.03.22

Destroyer_26
30 fps - as smooth as possible. it doesn’t sit lower, there don’t seem to be any friezes, at least I didn’t notice, but I’m picky)

you need to look at the settings - I poked around for a long time until I picked up the optimal ones for myself.

Gentle thighs
I don't want to start another srach - it's just not quite the right consideration. at the time of release, it was a card for medium-high settings. 770 for high-ultra settings, 780 and 780ti for ultra settings.

tobish now 760 should give out 60 on average without problems, but in reality it gives out 30. This is bewildering.
And I repeat - no need to argue, I said extremely average and approximately.

N
Nickbee 03.03.22

zadolbali honestly, medium-high-low ...
there is no difference between high and low, there are two parameters that determine the quality of the picture in this game in the "general" tab, this is the quality of the textures and the drawing distance,
everything else can be safely set to low, picture it won't hurt

H
HaniBubu 03.03.22

Tender thighs
HA! I have that GTA 5 that AC Unity is pulled at maximum speeds on my "Old" 760, not even overclocked, well, maybe only medium shadows. And the witcher went at 40 fps on high.

G
GAZIK GAZIKOVICH 03.03.22

Yes, what are you saying? The 760 has only two gigs of video memory, I have a 780ti with three on board, but the fps is not stable in houses in some places it drops to 30, and on the street it’s 50-60 no more, this is already an optimization, there’s nothing to be done waiting for patches

S
Stone_xp 03.03.22

By the way, at 1366x768 stable 60. of course, on a full-hd monica it looks crippled, but 60.

damn it .. since the assassin of the last one I wanted to put a second monique for myself .. I still need to buy a campaign ...

L
Lil_G. 03.03.22

I have i7, 8 Gb RAM, Gigabyte GTX 760 at high 30 - 27 fps...

M
MassChester87 03.03.22

Gentle thighs
gtx 760, even at the time of release, occupied a niche in the low-middle segment in the seven hundredth series. Such cards are not suitable for top games, they are taken for something simpler like WOW, WOT, DotA 2, Starcraft, well, that is, for not graphically sophisticated games stuffed with a bunch of technologies. In order to always play games like the Witcher 3, AC unity, GTA 5 at +60 fps at the time of release on high or ultra, you need to take top-end video cards like gtx 980 and then be ready to change it in a couple of years.
You have a rather strange mindset, everyone wants a top card no matter what they play, it's always a matter of price, not everyone can buy a top card. And Nvidia, robustly, began to bend its cards of the 500-600-700 series. I play on the GTX660 OC, overclocked it to the maximum, set it to high settings without hairworks and ultra textures and detailing with HBAO +, locked the whole thing at 30 FPS and play calmly.

N
Nickbee 03.03.22

seems to have found a solution on how to increase fps for those who have full HD 1920x1080 monitors

, if in the game it’s stupid to change the resolution, for example 1600x900, black frames will appear and the image will sag, it will not be comfortable to play, but at 770, for example, you can achieve stable 60 fps, everywhere, on high settings with SSAO

I found a way to run the game at a lower resolution without these annoying black frames and without distortion

On the desktop, set the lower resolution you need, in my case 1600x900
We go into the game, there in the video settings we select - windowed mode (full screen) and select the desired screen resolution, in this case 1600x900,
Everything, no frames and no distortion, stable 60 fps at maximum settings, in my case on gtx 770

Might be a lifesaver for someone.

M
MassChester87 03.03.22

Stone_xp
By the way, at 1366x768 stable 60.
Yeah, I also noticed this, the resolution is strong in The Witcher 3, the card sits down, not in all games. The percentage is loaded by a maximum of 30~40%.

S
Stone_xp 03.03.22

Gentle thighs
So the joke is that in this situation - on the mines the game should give at least 60 fps.
But it's not so easy for a viceroy.

In general, everything, zee and hollivar!

In any case, the witcher has problems, let's hope that they will be corrected. In any case, this game is worth playing on any settings with any fps.

If the PPC directly warps 30 fps - set the "window" mode and low resolution, put dark wallpapers on the desktop and enjoy. Or buy a second monitor with a low resolution and do not bathe at all - work on a large one, play on a smaller one. Which is what I'm going to do. and it will cost a lot less money than trying to keep up with great optimization and maps apiece.

Here is the age of 4K for you ....

l
l_TheZeus_l 03.03.22

I have 760, i7 3770 percent, RAM 8. Shadows on high, HairWorks off, everything else on beyond. Not buggy at all, FPS is stable, everything is played.

S
Shuma2 03.03.22

I have a GTX 760 with only 4gb of VRAM. Only shadows on medium and hair off, the rest on beyond. Just 2 gigs of memory is not enough to draw the world.

S
Stone_xp 03.03.22

l_TheZeus_l
IAragornI fps
to the studio! I also have stable fps. 30 stable fps.

S
Shuma2 03.03.22

Stone_xp
So you have 760 for 2 gigs? For 4 gig is quite rare, even in the tests you will find it. In The Witcher, a lot depends on the memory of the vidyuhi.

PS At work, I definitely won’t show you a screenshot with FPS :)

H
HaniBubu 03.03.22

Gentle thighs
16.9 1920 1080
Who are these shadows for? The shadow slider controls the number of shadows, not the quality. Tobish what use is it to me that what thread the unfortunate glass casts a shadow.

S
Stone_xp 03.03.22

IAragornI
Vecher on ultra on fullhd does not eat even 2GB of video memory. checked personally, just a bunch of tests.