3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Russhaker 04.03.22 12:14 am

[Help] Buying an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card

I decided to update the video card, after a long search by the price / quality criterion, I decided to choose NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. Please tell me which one is better to take Palit, Asus, GigaByte, EVGA, Inno3D or MSI?
37 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lisstoman 04.03.22

MSI take of course

m
max5744 04.03.22

GTX 970 GAMING 4G from MSI.(-Performance.
-Quiet.
-Cold.
-Eats little.
-Size)..

R
Russhaker 04.03.22

Can you tell me if the video card will fit my ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 motherboard?

m
max5744 04.03.22

A set of logic from AMD will definitely not fit yours here. Look for something from Radeons if you don’t want to change the motherboard

m
max5744 04.03.22

Although I caught up with something. It should fit. PS Well, this is the motherboard.

R
Russhaker 04.03.22

I think this one is just right: http://www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/i1000182/videokarta-msi-geforce-gtx-970-gaming

R
Russhaker 04.03.22

I have already bought a video card from AMD twice, this time I want to buy from NVIDIA. There is no significant difference between AMD and NVIDIA, but more games are optimized for NVIDIA video cards than for AMD.

I
IOne86 04.03.22

I have such a video card https://market.yandex.ru/product/11053918?hid=91031
At the time of purchase it was the cheapest among all the GTX 970, it looks inconspicuous, the casing is made of thin plastic, my reference Radeon 5850 had more solid plastic .
But there are no complaints about the work, the cooling system copes (though I didn’t try to overclock), its plus is that the turbine throws hot air out of the system unit.
The only thing is that an orange strip with the inscription "Palit GeForce GTX 970" peeled off and jammed the cooler of a heavily overclocked processor while playing Battlefield 4 :) Fortunately, the processor survived it safely.

N
Nuke Nick 04.03.22

Rusxaker
EVGA of course

O
Oleg Vorona 04.03.22

Only MSI, only hardcore dragons. I took a GTX 970 GAMING 4G green edition, I'm happy as a cat with a bowl of sour cream. Included was a mouse pad (FarCry) + received a toy dragon in the mail as a gift from the company. Maybe a trifle, but nice. Quiet card, you can't hear it at all when watching a video or not demanding games. The Witcher 3 on Ultra flight is normal. Fits perfectly in a small box. Beautiful, well made. I think to collect the second system on it.

7Rain7 04.03.22

Asus or MSI Of these, you can take what is cheaper.

R
RoM4iK_Spb 04.03.22

I have had Rusxaker
970 for half a year now, happy as an elephant. by MSI

X
X_ray_83 04.03.22

EVGA of course for the US and the quality and price, respectively.

O
Oleg Vorona 04.03.22

X_ray_83 What
are you talking about? They have assembly in China. The entire assembly of video cards / motherboards is either China or (in rare cases) Taiwan. It doesn't matter where the headquarters is.

X
X_ray_83 04.03.22

Oleg Vorona
There is a film on Discovery showing quality control of US goods at Chinese factories, they are very meticulous in this regard. The quality in any case is better than MSI.

X
X_ray_83 04.03.22

It doesn't matter where China, Malaysia, Indonesia or Taiwan is going. Output quality control is the main thing, US standards are more stringent in this regard!

O
Oleg Vorona 04.03.22

X_ray_83
Oh, believe more in films. Such films are made by almost every company and for the sole purely marketing purpose. Quality control is everywhere, without it it is very difficult to be present on the international market. About the quality of EVGA, opinions vary greatly on the same English-language forums. On average, it is compared with Palit. Popularity in the US market is more likely due to promotion due to the patriotic spirit of the population itself, budgets and competent marketing, rather than really good quality. No, I'm not belittling EVGA, I'm not saying that they are a dull guano. But from the point of view of the development of their product (physically, that is, the study of the cooling system, the alteration of the board itself), they are somewhat behind a number of other manufacturers.

O
Oleg Vorona 04.03.22

X_ray_83
Well, the same MSIs have Military Class components in this regard. For a moment: this is the correspondence between the military and aerospace industries of the same USA. And the United States in this field ... have no equal, judging by the news feed.

p
post-pushkin 04.03.22

Do not litter the guy's brain, friends. All of these video card brands are, for the most part, pure marketing. The base is common. The only exceptions are those cases when the brand offers a "tangible" new feature. In the case of 970 chips in general, not so much. One of the main ones is the lack of fan rotation at a low temperature of the graphics core, and this is implemented by almost all manufacturers. Everything else is from the category of "ultra-hardy transistors that can work for 10 years", etc. . . Tell me, who buying a video card of this level (being more than I'm sure a gamer and a pioneer in graphics) will sit on one card for 10 years? Two years, three years at the most. All this is marketing, an attempt to cash in on gullible hamsters.
Personal advice from me, who has been sitting on green cards all my conscious gaming life - take Palit and don't listen to anyone. For all the time (for 10 years) I have already changed 5 video cards. All I had was Palit. I have never encountered ANY problems. Nothing burned anywhere, didn’t smoke, didn’t hang, didn’t. . . There was nothing. So then the question arises. Why overpay stupidly for a set of beeches?

Now on the market (at least in our country) cards from Palit are on average 15% cheaper. In the case of buying an expensive card, these 15% will remain in your wallet, cheerfully rustling with banknotes.

In the end, I give a link that I was guided by myself when buying my 970. You can see that Palit bypasses MSI in terms of performance (on average by 5%), which is recommended for purchase here, and which costs much more.

LINK : http://www.hardwareluxx.ru/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/32468-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-g1gaming-test.html?start=13 to the statistical error, but in this case it is impossible to talk about the performance advantages of MSI.
In terms of noise level and temperatures, Palit also does not lose to anyone, they are all about the same level.

In general, if you want to wisely spend your money earned by "blood and sweat" - take Palit. If you are a schoolboy who spends his parents' money and at the same time wants to brag to his classmates about his card, namely its brand, then take Asus, MSI or something else =)

I want to add more. Do not pay attention to the regular frequencies of the processor of the video card. All of them (970 from any manufacturer) are perfectly overclocked in the same MSI Afterburner, they all have a maximum peak frequency at which the frequencies are reset, so it makes no sense to overpay for overclocking, which you yourself can do in a minute.

O
Oleg Vorona 04.03.22

pochtipushkin
Do not break off the buzz of clarifying the relationship on the network)

But if we talk about the "case":
Some are updated every 5 years and want to spend these years in peace. Of course, no one is immune from "oops, what happened and why it smells of smoke." Or even "why is it new and doesn't work".
If you simplify the task at all, then you can shine everything on this principle:
Do you want cheap and cheerful: Palit, Gigabyte
Do you want something more status and goodies: MSI
Do you want a brand: ASUS