3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fenix_Pegasus 04.03.22 01:36 am

7 or 10?

About games. Here comes the 10th yatka on July 29, so what? Nobody knows? Win10 has DirectX12, meaning DirectX11 games won't work? Or will they work better? Wait a year and then get a free, but normal copy of Win10 or not to worry and take it in the summer? And not even about Win10 games better (faster) than Win7?
9 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 04.03.22

some are better. in particular, duding ligs seems to have already been optimized for beta v10 and there is an increase with amd fx processors.
regarding games, all games should work starting with dx6.0, however, there may be problems with sound engines and sound cards. presumably it may not work light fx and similar mods
, so it's better to put 2 windows on the game pitch.

V
Verfose 04.03.22

All games and applications running on 8.1 and 7 will work on Windows 10. There are also a lot of positive reviews about Win 10 in terms of speed. So if you have a licensed 7 or 8, then upgrade by itself.

v
vladteterev85 04.03.22

Put two Windows and do not suffer. Personally, I have both seven and XP on two PCs. It's not just for gaming. If in the future it suddenly happens that Windows crashes, then you can boot from the second one and try to restore files or even work if you urgently need it. Two windows is convenient

K
Kol55 04.03.22

vladteterev85
2 Windows is not desirable. There may be problems. It is better to put one and put it right.

v
vladteterev85 04.03.22

Kol55
Disagree. Problems can be if they are put in one section. The installer also warns about this during the installation of Windows. And if you put it in different sections, taking into account the sequence - first XP, then 7, then everything will work fine. Believe my experience - I ate more than one dog on this. If there is a desire to put more Linux or Ubuntu, then they are put last after Windows. If you do not use the sequence, then the previous OS will not start and will be displayed in the OS selection list when starting the PC. Something like that)))

d
dizzy33 04.03.22

I have 4 hard drives and two of them have Windows installed. But one wine 8.1 on the other wine 7 which I have not downloaded for more than 2 years. But if 8ka flies, you can boot from 7ki and pull out the necessary files.

K
Kol55 04.03.22

vladteterev85Only one more disk will clog. Well, the choice is yours and your problems.

v
vladteterev85 04.03.22

Kol55
I've been reinstalling the OS for 10 years already and in the presence of two of them on my computer I see more pluses than minuses. Well, here to each his own and few people practice this, and most do not even have a clue what it is, how it works and how to do it. We will each have our own opinion))

v
vladteterev85 04.03.22

SonyK.
Here I am with no problem. XP stands still in case of failure 7 and vice versa. As folk wisdom says: “A programmer, going to bed, puts two glasses on the nightstand: with water in case he wants to drink at night, and empty, in case he doesn’t want to. And the system administrator puts four, the second two - in case the first one fails systems". I think further comments are unnecessary)))