3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Venon[e] 04.03.22 11:15 pm

Ending (Spoilers). (The Witcher)

What do you think about the ending of the game? The fact that Alvin and Jacob are one and the same person becomes clear from the passage of the game, but how did it turn out that there were two Alvins in the same world? Moreover, one is a clear adult version of the other
13 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evgeny Chernikov 04.03.22

And where did you get that there are two of them? Little Alvin disappeared and most likely moved in time.

V
Venon[e] 04.03.22

Evgeny Chernikov
Grand Master of the Order and Alvin were in the same world at the same time

d
danyil695 04.03.22

Little Alvin went into the past (When he disappeared during the attack on the village) and grew into the big one you killed...

V
Venon[e] 04.03.22

danyiil695
But he would not have gone into the past if at that time there was no longer a big Alvin

J
Jack Alkash 04.03.22

In the film "Loop of Time" both the young and the adult versions also quietly existed. What is the problem?

V
Venon[e] 04.03.22

Jack Alkash
And here in general this film? And yet, if you had read the question more carefully, you would have seen that I was asking how it happened that both the young and the adult version calmly existed

G
GhostKasio 04.03.22

space-time continuum... :-)

J
Jack Alkash 04.03.22

Venon[e]
I gave an example for that. to show that there is no problem in the existence of both versions. Alvin went into the past, grew into a fucking Nazi, organized the Order of the Flaming Rose, well, years later he was born as expected, otherwise the adult version could not exist. What is the problem?

E
Evgeny Chernikov 04.03.22

No one saw both "Alvins" at the same time. Nothing prevented him from constantly moving in time. Moreover, the little one does not have parents in the story. Perhaps he was simply met during one of these trips.

d
danyil695 04.03.22

Jack Alkash
I was just now struck by one thought...
The first Alvin was born, so. He was born in a world where Geralt is chasing Jacob, right. But here is the question, when did Alvin manage to become Yakov, if he had not yet gone into the past?
* And then I realized that Jacob is Alvin from a parallel world (Jacob from that world to us, and our Al went to his world), where there was another Geralt, etc. IMHO nonsense
After all, in order for 1 Alvin to go into the past, it is necessary that Jacob attacked the village, but since. Alvin hadn’t traveled to the past yet, then Jacob never existed, which means that no one will attack the village and Jacob will never exist, because. Alvin won't go back in time...

N
Nemesis 04.03.22

In the Terminator, Skynet also created itself.

Here look. Alvin is transported back, right? Lives last year. He turns 7 years old, let's say. Is everything right? And now we apply your question - how does he exist in the past, if he has not yet been born and not transferred? The absurdity is already coming out, which confused you, right? And all because you're formulating the question incorrectly.

Alvin has not yet transported himself from the point of view of the past. And from the point of view of the future - it has already happened. That is why Jacob exists in the past and present, although Alvin has not yet been transported. because it has already happened in the future.

Whip up Alvin's lifeline:

At any time before the transfer, Alvin already exists in the past. Because it has ALREADY HAPPENED in the future. Although from the point of view of the real you, it hasn't happened yet. And when this future comes, Alvin will be transported and CLOSE the chain.

V
Venon[e] 04.03.22

Nemesis
Well, I myself comprehended and understood this, my question is completely different, as Danil wrote above, Alvin would not have been transported into the past if it were not for Jacob, but Jacob appeared due to Alvin's teleportation into the past.

N
Nemesis 04.03.22

Consider the appearance of Jacob in the past as the beginning of the chain. He grew up and met himself as a child, after which the child went into the past and closed the loop.

In general, understanding time paradoxes is a thankless task))