3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DustVit 05.03.22 12:35 am

Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance (Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance)

After launch, Gama shows the inscription Acclaim and crashes into Windows. Installed DX9, Detonator 52.16, RAM 256 DDR, GF4200Ti.
How to treat?
ps version on 1 disc.
22 Comments
Sort by:
D
DustVit 05.03.22

no one knows or no one faced such problem???

P
PlayGround.com 05.03.22

I have almost the same problem - it crashes after the intro video =((((

B
Blade 05.03.22

WHO KNOWS CODES FOR GLADIATORS
MY MAIL [email protected]

H
Hannibal 05.03.22

People! Has anyone overcome the problem with not starting up after the video? I don’t even crash after the video, but just a black screen hangs !!! Damn, I've already downloaded two different versions - everything is the same. Help anyone!

A
AlexL 05.03.22

Control stops working periodically, who knows any patch where you can download it?

A
AlexL 05.03.22

Control stops working periodically, who knows any patch where you can download it?

s
snoupi 05.03.22

I personally have written in small print on the disk that the game only works under Windows XP.

P
PlayGround.com 05.03.22

The same glitch with management. How to fix the game????

n
nykto 05.03.22

The game also
crashed Rearranged Windows (XP SP1)
firewood 52.16
DirectX90b
And everything started working

P
PlayGround.com 05.03.22

I have the same trouble - SOMETIMES THE CONTROL DOES NOT WORK .... but somehow I tried to press everything on the clave (at the same time I knew that after leaving the battle the CONTROL STOP WORKING ... so I pressed everything and SOMETIMES PUCKED .. ..so I was like this, almost the entire ISLAND OF THE TITANS went down .... then it lifted up, it became too difficult and when they kill you ... it was no longer fun ....).

WHERE THE PATCH, "№; № №";; № mother their developers .... they don’t even really know how to test games ... ugh .. damn ... such a cool toy and break users like that .......

d
dot 05.03.22

Damn, the same crap, everything is arbiten, but control disappears after the first battle on the island ....
fortunately I just bought it, I'll go and return it ... I'm not looking at patches yet ... :(

D
Divi 05.03.22

Help, I downloaded the patch, but it does not install. What to do?

A
ARTem 05.03.22

I START THE GAME CODE writes like I need to insert a game disc ... I inserted both ... nothing comes out ... in general, which one should be inserted?

s
sergooo84 05.03.22

and you can not reinstall Windows (xp sp3 zver 9.9.9) but remove direk x9c with the UnisDX program and put direct 9b ... who knows.?????????????

a
aist16 05.03.22

I have XP SP3 and DX10 - everything works so far. I found a toy in old disks - I decided to try again. Something I do not like motion control - like an arcade, but much worse. All these tricks with awkward camera turns... I'm not sure that I will play for a long time.

a
aist16 05.03.22

Game features.
* Beautiful super blows, a lot of blood and severed limbs.
* Furious combat, rife with furious dismemberment in slo-mo mode.
* Spectacular magical abilities of the protagonist.
* Well-designed AI opponents.
The game has good graphics with effects, a normal combat system, Russian sound, the plot (if you know it), apparently, is also not bad. And there are few players - very poor control of the movement of the hero. During the game, there are freezes when the gladiator stops being controlled from the keyboard. To beat that programmer's hands, and ears at the same time, for such a development. The first time I tried to play this game was on Windows 98 SE. As far as I remember, there were no such problems with the keyboard as in XP. Maybe on XP you need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 98. We should try. In general, this problem is eliminated by the patch available on the Site. There is only one Gladiator_no_mouse.exe file, which must be placed in the game folder, and it will launch the game. The mouse does not work in this case. I set the keys: W - Forward, A - turn left, D - turn right, S - turn around. Space - action, V - apply magic, B - change weapons, Q - capture the main target, E - capture an additional target (hold). N - attack 1, M - attack 2, "/" - Start Menu Pause. NumPad 7 - zoom in, NumPad 1 - zoom out.
With such management, it is difficult to win this game. Especially when the stopwatch turns on, and it turns on quite often. To win, you need to break all the barrels around the arena (then the opponents will stop respawning) and kill all those that have already appeared, within the allotted time. But during the battle, the hero is almost uncontrollable, since he is aimed at opponents. Therefore, it is difficult to bring him to the right barrel, and the seconds run away, and "You lost."
To win, I did the following. Firstly, I made it invulnerable: in the settings.ini file in the game directory, I added the line instagib = 1. Secondly, I stopped all time counters. We make two copies of the CD-1.mfs file from the Data folder in order to save the original (just in case), and which we will edit. In any HEX editor, open the CD-1.mfs file, which we edit. I use HxD Hex Editor 1.7.6.4 - this is a small program 855 Kb (Freeware, there is Russian). can be found and downloaded. Having opened the CD-1.mfs file, we include find GlobalTime. (without a dot, of course) In all found places, we replace the numbers after GlobalTime with spaces. That is, in the right column of the editor, put the cursor in front of the number and press the spacebar as many times as there are digits. There are many such places, the file is large. The numbers will be from 50 to 130, it seems. By pressing F3, we find and edit all the numbers. We save the changes and replace the file in the Data folder with this file. Everything, now the counters are stopped, you can not hurry in the game. There are enough secrets even without counters.
During the game, you need to follow the indication in the circle, at the bottom right. When any icon appears, you must press Action (Space) and the action will be performed. If a rope sign appears, you must cut it with a sword. At first, on the "Island of the Titans", the stages are repeated - defeat the enemies, get the key. Insert the key into the desired cabinet, another winch will open. Approach it and cut the rope, another cage with skeletons will open and everything will repeat. At the same time, a little grate opens to the next location. I've already gone through "Isle of the Titans" twice. I get a golden mask, put it on a pedestal, where it belongs, and again find myself in Elysium. And then again the same island and everything repeats, only the opponents are already more powerful, and all the attributes obtained are preserved. Maybe this is how it should be until you collect everything that is supposed to be? Where can I find some guidance or some sort of passage? Can someone tell me? Just curious to go through the whole game, although the controls are annoying. And more than once I remember that programmer ....

a
aist16 05.03.22

Revenge of the gladiator Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Annotations to the game are taken from different sites.
Game features:
Dynamic action game with an exciting epic storyline.
Huge arsenal of historically accurate weapons.
A unique fusion of great battle scenes, history, culture
and mythology. Intuitive control system.
Full sense of presence in the gladiatorial arenas of Ancient Rome.
Beautiful 3D graphics
So, the year is 106 AD, and the armored train of the great Roman Empire has already rolled downhill. To a large extent, the new emperor Arruntius is to blame for the decline of great Rome, the image of which the scriptwriters almost one to one licked from the vile Nero. With the arrival of Arruntius on the throne, the
empire plunged into darkness: terrible wars, poverty and plague engulfed the Roman provinces. Moreover, during another insanity, the tyrant even set out to demolish Rome and build in its place a new capital of the empire, Arruntium.
But, as the ancient rule says, if there is a main villain in the game, then there must be a main villain who opposes him, and in Gladiator our hero is Thrax the Invincible, in the past an excellent warrior and assistant to the beloved emperor Trojan, and now a gladiator, acting in Colosseum for the amusement of the citizens of Rome. Of course, we will have to steer this muscular death machine with a sword in our hands - the knights of the mouse and keyboard.
Of course, graphics, animation and music play an important role in the attractiveness of Gladiator, but we'll talk about this a little later, but for now let's see what else the gameplay of this overseas contraption is rich in.
In addition to normal and combo attacks, our hero has in stock various magical abilities that he acquires during the game after passing the so-called “tests”. These tests cannot boast of a particular variety - the meaning of almost all such fun starts is to destroy a certain number of enemies or to destroy a certain number of objects in a certain period of time.
In addition to magic, as a reward for passing the competition, they can give a new weapon, upgrade the lifebar, or teach some new combo.
The arsenal of the game is rather poor, and trying to use an alternative weapon instead of the one issued before the start of each stage is almost tantamount to suicide. Everything, alas, is determined without our participation, and if the game designers decided that this part of the game should be played with a sword, then the ax can not even be reached.
A pleasant change in the rather monotonous gameplay is made only by rare bosses, brutal “fatalities” a la Mortal Kombat and intelligently made story videos.
So, summing up some intermediate result, we can
state with bitterness: the main enemies of the “Gladiator” are not the emperor Arruntius and not even the smile brothers Phobos and Deimos, but the linear plot, monotonous gameplay and primitive level design.
At almost every stage, designers force the player to return back through the stages already completed, and again and again clean up beautiful, but disgusting locations from new crowds of monsters. Got to the lever? Well done! And now, be kind, stomp through the entire level back to the opened door. And so - the whole game.
“Gladiator” is a very beautiful toy, and it is precisely this quality of it that allows you to close your eyes to a lot of shortcomings and painful monotony, shamelessly sticking out of the body of the game, like a huge boil.
High-quality textures and great lighting will instantly remove the sarcastic smirk from your face about the formulaic level design. Excellent plot inserts on the game engine will make you forget about the painful delusional plot. And chic models of people and monsters, together with excellent animation, will turn boring battles into a kind of excellent gladiatorial action movie. Add to all this amazing special effects and carefully look at the screenshots, and it will become clear to you that you need to play this game for at least a week. Just to please the eye.
Special thanks to the creators of the game for the fatal scenes that are executed by the same context button (Action) at the moment when the half-dead opponent's lifebar changes its color from green to red.
Also, the game music deserves the warmest praise, which is somewhat reminiscent of the soundtrack to the film “Gladiator” already mentioned on these pages.
A tablespoon of drama, half a glass of heroics, a pinch of pathos - and now a beautiful, but ordinary game scene, thanks to an excellent off-screen melody, acquires some special charm.
It is a pity that the sound effects, as opposed to the music, turned out to be rather pale. In principle, there are no special complaints against them, the sound engineers have worked out their salaries, but the set of sounds turned out to be meager: after a few hours of playing the sound of a sword on a shield and other audio joys, they get bored to the teeth gnashing.
But the main components of a good action game - hurricane gameplay, excellent graphics and solid sound - are in their places.
Solid, though rather monotonous action with a gladiator bias. A sort of Serious Sam, who had all his firearms taken away and driven into the arena of the Colosseum to kill the Cyclopes for the amusement of the crowd. Excellent spectacle
Before us is an ordinary slasher with all the necessary attributes:
a lonely but very powerful hero, crowds of cloned enemies and abundant "dismemberment" that fills most of the screen time. Justice here, as it should be according to the canons of the genre, is enforced by fire and sword, for which Invictus Thrax (that's the name of our ward) is trained in two strikes, simply called "attack 1" and "attack 2". Despite such a
stingy description, we managed to find out experimentally that a slow but powerful attack is hidden under the first number, and the second blow is different in speed (to the detriment of strength). By alternating pressing the corresponding buttons, we get several different combinations, which are used throughout the game.
True, if at first the carcasses are cut into cabbage without any special frills, then later, after the appearance of a special scale, the use of beautiful and various techniques becomes very sophisticated.
Behind the backs of all the mindless minions that will ingloriously die at the hands of a brave gladiator, two deities offended by the world loom - Phobos and Deimos, who, according to ancient Greek (!) Mythology, are responsible for fear and horror. This couple, dissatisfied with their low position in the celestial hierarchy, decides to remove the "leadership", including Jupiter himself, and stage a coup in the main source of power of the Pantheon - Rome. Through their efforts, the emperor Trajan, wise and beloved by the people, is replaced by
Consul Arruntius, who looks like anyone but a worthy heir.
The starting point for all missions is the central level, the role of which is played by the Roman paradise - Elysium. Returning here after the next task, you can evaluate your progress on the statue of a Roman she-wolf, get a reward for collecting rarities scattered across the levels (amulets, coins, etc.) and get hold of new supernatural abilities. Help from above in the form of three types of spells is provided only to those who have passed the necessary
test (usually you need to kill a dozen or two monsters in a certain time) in a special arena. Similarly, you will have to fight for almost everything: new weapons, an extra health bar, the possibility of bonuses appearing on the corpses of opponents, and even interface elements like the already mentioned mastery scale.
In addition, it is here that one of the main shortcomings of the game manifests itself - only six locations separate us from the inscription "Game over". Of course, the authors did everything so that each of them had to stay longer, and some of them to visit again, but, despite all efforts, the ending comes too quickly even at maximum difficulty.
in Elysium, instead of a well-deserved rest, the brothers Romulus and Remus are waiting for Thrax, offering him a well-known choice: "Either you work for us, or one of the two." Not wanting to engage in socially useful work in Tartarus (the local abode of dead souls), he agrees, thereby taking the first step towards the final video.

a
aist16 05.03.22

On an island in Elysium, there are two statues at the edges and a double temple gate. To the left and right of the statues are portals to the levels of the game, which are activated as you progress through the levels. If you pass the first one, the next one will open. There are six levels in total. Usually, if the level has passed completely, and everything has been done correctly, you automatically return to Elysium. And there will already be opened a portal to the next level. At the first stage of the "Island of the Titans" you need to get a golden mask, deliver it and place it on the desired pedestal. At the second level of the "Fortress of the Titans" you need to defeat (for the first time) the god of fear Phobos. At the third level, "Edge of the World", you need to finish off Phobos completely. The fourth level "Refuge of the Departed" has not yet passed.
The plot in the game is linear, the secrets are not difficult to unravel. The main thing is not to confuse the direction of movement, as the camera rotates constantly. And in the opposite direction, the route does not always overlap, you can again find yourself in an already passed location.

D
Driver193 05.03.22

Is there someone alive??
Help, after entering the game settings, or starting a new one, the monitor goes out, starts to squeak and the "frequency exceeded" sign pops up, which I didn’t do, as soon as I didn’t set up the firewood, one horseradish pops up! Face game from Russobit-M
Normal CRT monitor, 75Hz, the problem is only in this game, who faced help!

a
aist16 05.03.22

I also have a game from Russobit-M on two CDs, no problems. However, while I play other games. I got stuck on the third level in this one. I can not finish Phobos. Try to start the game with the Gladiator_no_mouse.exe patch file.