3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Process7g 05.03.22 01:16 am

Skyrim is buggy (more details inside). (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Hello! I have such a problem, Skyrim is buggy on Windows 8.1. The game is buggy on ANY settings from the lowest to the highest. Interestingly, after "fixing the compatibility problem" the lags disappear BUT, on my sides (bottom, top, left and right) if the stripes seem to be running in windowed mode, but it is on full screen, I checked in the settings. I've been playing like this for half a year and suddenly became interested in what the problem is. I have an AMD RADEON HD 8870 video card. I have an nvidia card on another laptop, but there are no such glitches, i.e. no need to set compatibility, without compatibility it does not lag. On the third laptop, there is also a Radeon, and there is the same thing as mine. Interestingly, I removed compatibility, put the game in windowed mode and the game started normally, i.e. there were no terrible glitches and stripes around the perimeter of the screen. I reinstalled the game several times, Windows too (but not for the sake of Skyrim =)) but it did not help. Also, it is interesting that the Skyrim launcher does not see a discrete video card, although in the CCC I set Skyrim and the launcher to "high performance". In skyrimprefs I set my video card and clicked "read only" also did for renderinfo, but to no avail. The game is NOT Steam.
PS If you play without compatibility in full screen, already in the main menu the fog is buggy and the mouse. After clicking on the "continue" or "new game" button, it takes 1-1.5 minutes to load and loads, but it's just terribly buggy.
PSS Please do not write "play further with compatibility", I'm already playing with it, I'm just wondering what the problem is, and if possible I want to remove it.
7 Comments
Sort by:
U
Ubeysoft quality mark 05.03.22

It's a Radeon. What did you want.

P
Process7g 05.03.22

Scorpion_0890
I understand. But suddenly someone will find a solution =).

U

Process7g
I used to play on the radeon 5450xd, there were no bugs, try to update the firewood on the vidyuhi or put a normal windu, not a semi-annual one.

P
Process7g 05.03.22

Scorpion_0890
Drivers do not need to be updated. But at the expense of Windows, I'm not very clear, because. on the second laptop, there is an nvidia video card, and the eighth Windows, and everything goes without bugs. So in this case it's the video card. But you wrote that you played on the Radeon and there were no bugs. So there is a twofold situation in my opinion.
I will change Windu only on another laptop, tk. I only play Skyrim in my spare time. Thanks.

U

Process7g
No problem.

m
mad wolf 05.03.22

But you wrote that you played on the Radeon and there were no bugs.
Radeons - they are different, and their drivers are also buggy in different ways ...

Y
Yra100 05.03.22

In me, the game can be bugged by an Intel pentium G2120 processor, a GTX650 1GB video card.