3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
1060 05.03.22 01:17 am

Help with overclocking sandy bridge 2500k

Good day to all)
I ask for your help regarding the overclocking of this process.
PSU ZALMAN 600W
Mat. Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 board and BIOS version of the board F7.
To make it clearer to you and to me, I’ll explain that I’m more of a novice in this business, but I have some basic knowledge)
In general, the thing is as follows: I
started to overclock this percentage through the BIOS and stability ends only with a voltage of 1.24 and a multiplier of 43 , respectively, the percentage now operates at 4.3 GHz.
Everything, further OSST shows me errors in the zero core or even Windows freezes at the beginning of startup.
I tried to change some other indicators in the BIOS, sorry for the possible inaccuracy of the name, but I also tried to change the CPU PLL indicator, nothing helps and the percentage only works stably at 4.3.
Guys, help, mb my mother is not able to withstand such frequencies?
Or do I need to enable some indicator in the BIOS?
I searched on the Internet, but I did not find detailed instructions on this particular motherboard, hence the misunderstanding.
I forgot to clarify, I took the OEM, I bought the cooler much better than the box version, in heavy games the pace of the hottest core is about 75, so it's not about the temperature.
2 Comments
Sort by:
N
No more drugs 05.03.22

Are you missing 4.3 GHz?
I have 2700K, the mother of Z77 Extreme 4. I just changed the voltage and multiplier. Now I don’t remember the voltage, like 1.2815 or 1.2850, the multiplier is -44. It has been plowing stably for two years already, the vidyuhi reveals 100%, the toys are spinning, they are already flying.

1060 05.03.22

No more drugs...
I rummaged a little and realized what I made a mistake when buying. In the motherboard.
Its power system does not allow overclocking more than 4.4 GHz.
Yes, I myself have been sitting at this frequency for a year now and everything is fine with you, only in a month I am going to take the gtx980 and thought that it would not be bad to overclock it a little more so that the percentage does not lag behind the video. Oh well, I hope so)