3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fatum Sibir 05.03.22 01:17 am

Problem with Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

Such garbage, a lot of applications are always running on the computer, so I recently decided to change the percentage - I took the FX-8350, respectively, I had to take a new motherboard, a video card and RAM (two strips of 4GB 1333mhz each) left the old ones - there were never any problems with them ..

Two weeks have passed since the purchase, everything worked like clockwork, no problems, but an hour ago I noticed that everything began to slow down a little, the dispatcher showed 15% of the processor load and 75% of the RAM ...

Too much, I decided and began to dig further, noticed that in the speed tab it says that I have 4GB of memory.
I went into the properties of the computer - 8GB, 3.96GB available

There was an idea that the problem was in the BIOS, so I rebooted the computer and rummaged around there - everything is normal, without changing anything I loaded Windows and now I have 8GB again, nothing slows down and everything is used.

Question - what the hell was it and what to do?

The warranty on the motherboard is alive, they will accept it without question, but today is Sunday and I’m too lazy to disassemble everything again (I bought a cooler for a percentage, not very expensive but the cooling is excellent and screwing it back is a whole adventure - a bandura of considerable size)
5 Comments
Sort by:
b
bxx001 05.03.22

1. Update bios for mom, ask the manufacturer for a list of compatible memory.
2. Cleanly rearrange win (according to experience - such OS errors are easiest to treat with a reinstall)

P
Princess Elys 05.03.22

If the problem was in the bios, the computer would not see all the op memory or would not start. You need to enter the BIOS settings and see how much the computer sees. Perhaps a problem with the op system itself.

R
Rufus05 05.03.22

in the settings of the mother rummage, sometimes there are limiters. I had the same problem on my ancient asus motherboard. I don't remember what the option was called.

-
-SK.art- 05.03.22

Try resetting the CMOS with a jumper, or pulling out the battery for a couple of minutes ...

e
evgeny bezuglov 05.03.22

There is no CMOS jumper on this motherboard, I have the same.