3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wing42 05.03.22 01:44 am

Why are Americans called "Pindos"

I don't see anything wrong with calling Pindos "Pindos". And the "Americans" are all the inhabitants of both Americas (who does not remember, there are two of them: North and South).
And I suspect that this is a topic about politics. That it was created in order to start a fire out of the blue out of nothing.
14 Comments
Sort by:
a
alexzet3 05.03.22

well, we found out why the name is
very informative
, but why is it not very clear ..

K
Kosh13 05.03.22

I did not add the most important thing - the indirect meaning of the word "Pindos" is a swamp, a bottom.

T
TTG 05.03.22

HZ. Never delved into these vilifying rattles for each of the nations. Almost.

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.03.22

An interesting explanation, but I understand why the word "Pindos" is so. The author did not decipher it, but simply explained the meaning and origins. Now I ask the author to explain the word "Pindos". Not the meaning, but the word. Well, it's like asking why the city of Moscow began to be called "Moscow" - what is it? Moscow + kva? Explain)
I hope my question is clear)

"Pindos in Serbo-Croatian is a penguin."
Russians in Estonia call the president of Estonia a penguin, by the way) Look at him and see the similarity)

w
wektor1313 05.03.22

well, let them go with everything, then it will be possible to stupidly shoot grenades on the hull, some also carry claymores on their backs, hit and took out the floor of the formation

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.03.22

well, to sort out the etymology ...
So this was my question) I don’t have enough usual explanation, of course (of course - for me, because I am who I am, lol) I need the etymology of the word along with the usual explanation of its meaning.

In Moscow, I can say that there is an opinion that the root of the word is a man, and comes from ancient times. Everything.
An interesting option. In English there is a word "moss", which is related to a swamp, but in Estonian - the word "mees" - a man) Sometimes we find parallels in different languages. There is also an opinion that there was once one or only a few languages ​​(it was possible to count on the fingers of one hand), and then everything else came from them ...
Because yes, this is relevant to the topic)

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 05.03.22

Hey, why are you drinking this dirty water from the lake, from all over the village shit comes out here! ..
- What did you say?
- I say: scoop with both hands!::)

J
Jason_Voorhees 05.03.22

Spoilerhttp://lurkmore.to/Pindos

E
EnglishQuaker 05.03.22

Why?

W
Wing42 05.03.22

Yuri Gagarin
"Yeah, now the military commissars will descend upon all those who have unsubscribed here - they will wander into the army in order to protect the political interests of the insidious arsonists"
Be afraid.

V
Vanya Rygalov 05.03.22

Actually, fagots have been called Pindos for quite a long time. What's with the Americans?

T
Thorgal 05.03.22

Russia does not like foreigners. They live too well to be loved.

T
Thorgal 05.03.22

Yuri Gagarin I saw a film about their vaunted wealth. I
recommend throwing away the TV. Better go live there for a couple of years. You will understand everything, both about savings and about taxes.

E
EnglishQuaker 05.03.22

Is it true that blacks there live on unemployment benefits?