3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kaa 05.03.22 02:07 am

Magic system of Gothic 3 (Download the magician) (Gothic 3)

I propose in this topic to discuss everything related to the practical use of magic in Gothic 3.

Known facts:

Ancient knowledge increases with teachers (for example, the alchemist Sebastian in the first rebel village). The higher this characteristic, the more cool spells and skills we can learn. It also increases the damage (duration) of all spells.

We pump mana (20 for 5 skill points), and also learn spells from Shrines (statues of the corresponding god). Inosovskaya is in Saaaam's first city, Beliarskaya is next to Cape Dun. I haven't seen any others (other?) yet =(

In principle, as long as you have mana, you feel like a god. At level 8, I accurately filled up 2 dragons under Cape Dun with a bolt. True, mana ends instantly =(

Now questions.

Is there any difference between FireBall, Ice bolt and Lightning bolt (or whatever they are called)? The damage is the same, only the element is different? Are there any mobs that are immune to the element?

The spells listed above have 15-30 mana in their cost. As I noticed in practice, you can cast a regular Lightning Bolt, or you can use an enhanced one (in this case, the lightning is so white, everything sparkles, the damage is more). Question - how? I manage to periodically cast, but I still do not enter, which I did for this. Could you tell?

Also, from this enhanced lightning, everyone immediately dies for me. How much damage is increased?

And finally, what useful spells do you know? I've checked out Open Lock/Door so far.
Opens difficult chests. I haven't tried Impossible, I'll have to check it out today (the dragons near Cape Dun have such a chest).
Thinking of checking out Poison from the Beliar Statue - has anyone tried it?
73 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kaa 05.03.22

I answer my own questions. If you just click the mouse - it will be weak for 15 mana. If you hold the left mouse button - it will be strong (30 mana). White and sparkling - these are apparently crits ....

z
zjack 05.03.22

There is a firebender teacher in Myrtana, in the central city. well, their monastery in the north.

b
black2knight 05.03.22

What does the study of "magic" at the statue of, say, Innos give? For example, I just learned from the bulldozer Lighting (Lighting), and what to do with it and how to use it - hy zy. Maybe you need to create a rune somewhere?

and second: why can't I learn some spells from the proposed statues: there is money, training points, too, pachimu!?!?? *sobs* I khachu fireball permanent like a rune... =)

P
Pirate_89 05.03.22

maybe because you don't have enough Ancient knownklade (or how to spell it)

B
Blatnyak Jedi 05.03.22

Where can I learn the permanent healing spell? And then there is a catastrophic lack of meat and healing sweats ...

b
black2knight 05.03.22

Vnature .. Right now I started to poke into the role-playing system (just got my hands on inventory / skills =)).
Ancient knowliege - ancient knowledge. History, like, her mother. We will download ...
Thank you for the answer.

Hamster, look, so that this very knowledge of the ancient is enough and, if everything is tip-top (according to inventory - magic), blow to the statue of Innos in the first city (hmm .. I won’t learn the names soon =)). There is

D
Doo Die 05.03.22

A permanent healer is taught at the altar in the very first city.

K
Kaa 05.03.22

Only it (the healer) costs as much as 60 mana =( It is somehow very difficult to download at the beginning of the magician.

P
Pancebe 05.03.22

the magician at the beginning is generally a lot to download, I have 200 mana and this is drop dead low

B
Blatnyak Jedi 05.03.22

"Only she (the healer) costs as much as 60 mana =( It's somehow very hard to pump at the beginning of the magician."

Yes, at least all 100, the main thing is to heal)

offtopic: I'm going to make an uber-swordsman out of my hero, the magician is postponed for another game called Dark Messiah...

b
black2knight 05.03.22

mage in the beginning, in general, it's a lot to download, I have 200 mana and it's drop dead low.
It's in almost all RPGs. It is terribly difficult to play a magician at first (for example, in NeverWinter Nights, a magician has only 4 hp (life) at the beginning of the game, and whoever went through chapter 4 of "Night of the Raven" on a magician is worthy of a medal), but by the end of the game he turns into an uber-soldaten, taking out ordinary warriors of their own level to the right and left ... =))

K
Kaa 05.03.22

In the second Gothic, the mage was the coolest class, it was the easiest for them to pass the game =)

Tested Fireball and Lightning on mobs. Our beloved boars die from one fireball, but they do not have enough lightning (this is with my current characteristics). I haven't noticed any more difference yet =)

Although.... As far as I understand, spells have crits. Fireball sets enemies on fire, and they burn, but not always (maybe this is a game glitch). Lightning, as I understand it, does increased (greatly increased) damage with a small chance.

I finally got Ancient knowledge up to 100. Mana - 250. Level - 15.

In general, magic still rules in a 1v1 battle. Big and scary mobs like Shadowkiller don't have time to reach me =) There isn't enough mana and spells for big meat yet. Although, when Cape Dun was released, I used to scroll with Fire Nova - it turned out very well =)

PS Checked, the Open Lock / Door impossible spell opens chests.

P
Pancebe 05.03.22

In the first one, it was also very easy for a magician, there, if you don’t do hard magic, then the mana was not taken away. But here the magician is probably cool if there are massive mochilov, all sorts of meteoritic rains.

b
black2knight 05.03.22

Checked, spell Open Lock/Door opens impossible chests.
By the way, where did you find/learn it? =)

In the first one, it was also very easy to be a mage, there, if you do not hard magic, then the mana was not taken away. But here the magician is probably cool if there are massive mochilov, all sorts of meteoritic rains.
The first was balanced, but still, at first, the magician was tight. Then, both in the first and in the second, massive spells appeared: a meteor shower, etc.

j
johnbay 05.03.22

People prick who made the quest for the Magavian robe in the desert? I tell you: to the west of Bakarezh in the desert there are ruins, there is a camp of Nomads and Orcs. You need to collect 5 keys from the ruins and open the Temple. In the temple, I stumbled upon 3 undead priests, who at level 25 could not be killed, because they burned me with magic in just seconds. Share the tactics of killing this wonderful undead!!!

K
Kaa 05.03.22

Scrolls Open Lock/Door yuzal. There aren't many of them, but they do exist.

The question is, what do mage robes give? Defense, they probably have less conventional armor. Why then are they?

b
black2knight 05.03.22

Learned a healing spell; good luck full pants. I lost learning points from 6 levels: for "history", I added a little bit of spell and mana... =)
Lost I'll wait for the fireball =))

The question is, what do mage robes give? Defense, they probably have less conventional armor. Why then are they?
I haven’t reached it yet, but here’s my opinion:
In the first parts, the protection against weapons / arrows in the rob was really less .. although how to say it. In the first goth, the Dark Mage's Armor held a sword/arrow only 5 points worse than the crawler's (I don't remember about the ancient ones - everyone ended up on them =). In principle... the sum of defenses for robes/flak jackets is equal, but in robes, protection from magic is preferred (and from fire in the first two goths).

H
HEHABUSTb 05.03.22

where to learn the skill "mana regeneration" and the spell "raise an army of darkness"?

N
NElf_20 05.03.22

what spells are best for a mage to learn at the very beginning?

S
Shader5 05.03.22

What's good about closed chests?