3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Edvins 05.03.22 03:35 am

Can I put two SSD drives in my computer?

I have a mat. ASUS P8Z77-V LKZ77 Socket-1155, 4xDDR3, 2xSATA3, 3xPCI-E16x, 6xUSB3.0, RAID, GBLAN ATX and Windows 7 64 board installed on Corsair CSSD-F128GBGS-BK SATA3 2.5" Storage Solutions 128Gb SSD. get SSD 500Gb, 2.5", SATA3, Samsung 850 EVO Series, MZ-7SE500BW. Question: judging by the presence on the mat. a board with two SATA3 connectors, from the point of view of simply attaching it, is it possible, but does it exist in principle that two SSDs and HDDs can work? And how to make SSD 500Gb the main one for the operating system, i.e. transfer all content from SSD128Gb to it? I would really appreciate a detailed explanation.
2 Comments
Sort by:
N
Negih 05.03.22

This motherboard has: SATA 3Gb / s: 4 and SATA 6Gb / s: 2. HDD (hard drive, NOT ssd!) Must be connected to sata2 since there will be no gain from sata3. And since you have 2a connectors for sata3, you can plug in 2 ssd. At the expense of transferring Windows to other media (on 500 ssd), it's more difficult here. The easiest way is to just take down Windows and put it on 500G. More hemorrhagic - search the internet for how to transfer Windows (I didn’t suffer from such garbage, so I don’t know how)
PS. Why put Windows on 500G 0_o? 128 is quite enough. There is no point in this, since if you have 2 ssds, your speed will be the same, which is 500G, which is 128, put Windows. If you had 1 ssd and you would work with many different programs from which there would be a need for speed, then it would make sense to put Windows on a 500G ssd and install programs there accordingly, but what's the difference? Just don’t save anything on 128 G and Windows will have enough of this volume

-
-SK.art- 05.03.22

Edvins
and the basic possibility of work of two SSD and HDD exists?

connect at least how many drives, the main thing is that there are enough sata connectors.
The main thing is to connect drives in "chipset" sata connectors, and not to additional ones that work thanks to the corresponding controller. using transfer. If there are important files on the old ssd, transfer them to a hard drive or flash drive in advance.
And yes, you can leave Windows on the old ssd. And use a separate 500 GB ssd to install games ..
I will probably do that in the future. I have been running a 120 GB ssd for a long time, I will buy 500 GB later for games.