3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kenobi13 05.03.22 05:03 am

Crashes when loading onto Dantooine (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

Help me please! In my first KoTOR, when loading on Dantooine, it gives an error, and I have to exit the game ((
Windows XP Professional SP3
15 Comments
Sort by:
s
st029 05.03.22

kenobi13 Are the
mods worth it? Where did you get the game?

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

st029
No mods, game from disk.

s
st029 05.03.22

kenobi13
If possible, download the repack. Try turning it on and off. synchronization.
You can also try downloading a crack, or an unofficial patch (there is almost everything in the files section here)

F
Flow4Master 05.03.22

In my time, it also crashed constantly at the same place (on loading the final test on the koriban). Installed from disk. It was decided only when I downloaded a repack with a different version of the game.

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

st029
Thanks, I'll try

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

st029
Russifier from Zog will work?

s
st029 05.03.22

kenobi13 Will
run, the best!
But not the fact that this is a problem ((

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

st029
OK. I'll put a patch, I hope it helps

A
Artilleryforward 05.03.22

By the way, I think it’s also in the subject, who often crashes in an indefinite place (randomly and quite often) and they have a video card from NVIDIA,
then avoid brakes on Dantooine and in some other locations. This line is added to the “[Graphics Options]” section. So, on modern Nvidia drivers, this line from the INI file must be REMOVED (if it was installed earlier on the advice of sites). Modern Nvidia drivers have a conflict with this option.
I downloaded the repack, which I just didn’t do - and redirected the load to the zero core and the compatibility was different, it turned out to be this nasty option that the caring creator of the repack added by default.

M
MasterN00B 05.03.22

I remember this method helped:
http://www.playground.ru/files/star_wars_kotor_izbavlenie_ot_vybrosov-47485/

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

Thanks everyone. I'll try, right now while downloading the patch from Xenon

m
meerness 05.03.22

In general, no matter how stupid it may sound, but this is because of the quality. Cut off the vertical sync, remove the grass, anisotropy or 4x or remove it altogether, in short, cut the settings before arrival. Everything will be fine, it's not about the patch or mods.

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

meerness
Well, I already put the patch, if it's the same, then I'll do it.

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

Guys, thanks a lot! With the help of a patch and crack, the game became better and more enjoyable, and on the advice of the last post, I turned off the vert. sync, and set the texture quality to medium. Finally reached Dantooine! I play well and without crashes)))

k
kenobi13 05.03.22

Guys, thanks a lot! With the help of a patch and crack, the game became better and more enjoyable, and on the advice of the last post, I turned off the vert. sync, and set the texture quality to medium. Finally reached Dantooine! I play well and without crashes)))