3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22 10:12 pm

Loading the computer and the computer is loading something!

Hello!. I’ll go straight to the problem, which is that as soon as I turn on my computer ... er ... well, to be more precise, then the laptop and after it is fully loaded I connect to the Internet, and then I click on the link I need, then the laptop starts that - upload something. First, the load on the CPU rises, and then something starts to eat up 66% of the laptop's memory, as a result of which the laptop heats up quickly.

It doesn’t last long, about 3 minutes or maybe even less, I don’t know for sure, but still it’s unpleasant when you’re sitting on a social network or watching a video on YouTube, and because of the load, the browser starts to get tough.

I looked at the processes through the task manager, but there is nothing special there, and there are few processes, I also looked at resource monitoring, but nothing is clear there, because it shows that the laptop itself is loading, but WHAT EXACTLY it loads ... this is not shown.

I tried to check the laptop for viruses with ESET NOD 8 antivirus, as a result, not a single virus was found. Naturally, the antivirus starts blocking game files, since I have a few and quite a few pirated repacks installed, but it is the cracks themselves that are compatible with the game that are blocked, from which the games then stop working, and I don’t need this as a gamer.

The operating system I have is Windows 7 x64 maximum, and licensed and not pirated, but I still don’t understand what the problem is, so I decided to contact you on the forum, maybe there are people who know the solution to this problem.
12 Comments
Sort by:
V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 05.03.22

LorDofDemons167
Just accept it as a fact that Yeset can't know all viruses. Check out the fresh CureIt! or KVRT - processes and autorun (Dr.Web called "Rootkits"). Fresh is needed because new threats appear all the time. And admission to the bases on weekends can take up to 36 hours.

L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
I doubt it's a virus, because if it was a virus it would load the computer non-stop, and then... something is being updated and thereby eating up a hell of a computer's memory, which creates a load on the CPU. To know what is being updated there and what is loading, it would be possible to remove the task and make sure that this something never starts.

-
-SK.art- 05.03.22

LorDofDemons167

is very similar to a miner virus. Screenshot of the task manager with the processes in the studio.

L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22

- Sergey Viktorovich -
here you are. I doubt that any of these processes will load the computer, since automatic updates are disabled everywhere, even Windows updates

S
Shadows3D 05.03.22

LorDofDemons167
latest Windows Update entry - and you say it's off..

g
givemethedust 05.03.22

LorDofDemons167
and faith does not allow to check the display of all processes? And there will be svchost

L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22

Shadows3D
is off, well!

L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22

Givemethedust,
but is svchost the cause of the load on the computer ?, because before I also had svchost in the processes and such a load was not observed

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 05.03.22

LorDofDemons167
He eats memory when he downloads updates. But for me they are probably automatically downloaded.

L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
well, I have enough memory, but I'm wondering what can load the computer when I turn it on, and after downloading Windows I connect to the Internet ?, is something really being updated and because of this it starts loading the computer ?. And yes, now this svchost is also active, but it does not eat memory and does not load the computer

L
LorDofDemons167 05.03.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Givemethedust
Now I was browsing other forums in search of a solution to the problem with the svchost process, and I came across a "sort of" solution there. You need to go along this path: Control Panel - Administration - Services, find automatic updates and disable it. I tried to do so, but there is no such item because Automatic Update. The Windows update itself is disabled for me, but since svchost loads the computer, what is the problem then and how to solve it ???

n
nekros.777 05.03.22

checkbox display all user processes.