3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lovecreep 05.03.22 10:26 pm

Under whose processors will Fallout 4 be sharpened: Intel or AMD? (Fallout 4)

I'm going to update the computer exactly to the new folich. Long wanted. Finally, there was a good reason.
What percentage do you think to take? And most importantly, whose? Leaning towards either 4th gen i5 (4460 to 4690K) or AMD FX (6350 to 8350).
I know that in terms of performance and price, the flagships in these lines are not even close, but in some games, AMD processors are not inferior to Intel. I noticed that, as a rule, it is in games developed for several platforms at once, including consoles. It's no secret that console games are more geared towards multithreading, and processors for consoles are supplied by AMD.
Who's thinking about this? I understand that it is better to wait for the official system requirements. But there is money now, and in 3 months it may not be there anymore))
And let's try without Intel VS AMD holivar.

PS: no need for video cards, I know that they decide in FPS. the question right now is on what to build a new system, because core 2 duo will soon not be supported at all by game manufacturers.
29 Comments
Sort by:
M
MKUltra 05.03.22

tesla707
PCI-e 3.0 provides absolutely no advantage over 2.0. It has already been chewed, probably 100 times. And here (on PG I mean) including.

And if multithreading is not screwed to F4, then there is a chance that office plugs like i3 will be on a par with fx 8xxx, as it was in Skyrim. But maybe thanks to the "new" consoles, something will change.

h
helio 05.03.22

judging by the graphics in the video, Celeron is enough for the eyes)

w
warp 37 05.03.22

tesla707, Core i5 reveals any single chip card including GTX 980 Ti and Titan X.

B
BlackMirror 05.03.22

lovecreep
Take i5 - you won't lose. If the mother allows, you will also disperse.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.03.22

games will not be optimized for 8 cores for a very long time, and so for 6 threads, the rest of the cores will simply be squandered in anticipation, so the best ultimate for playing full-out 4 will be i7 5930, posons.
but I don't know about the video card. 4870x2, for example, was kind of even faster than 295 in fullache 3. and video cards are a complete vinaigrette.

P
Permanent_Lost 05.03.22

AMD processors have no future at the moment.

l
lovecreep 05.03.22

scorpius
thanks for the video. I am also thinking about the FX-8300 and FX-6300
, according to the latest conclusions, and I will choose between them and the i5-4590
to know in advance what the difference in FPS is between them. at the price of almost 2 times at the moment.

s
scorpius 05.03.22

lovecreep I
forgot to say if your budget is limited, then you can hardly find a better assembly now, like in the video, in this regard, it is better to take an AMD processor, and if the budget is not limited, then i5 is better.

l
lovecreep 05.03.22

scorpius
, my budget is limited by common sense) therefore, for example, I don’t think about i-7)