3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xDDGx 05.03.22 10:26 pm

Black Mesa: Source v.3 (Half-Life 2)

Surprisingly, this mod did come out, which means that now we definitely have something to discuss, and not stupidly flood, as it was in the previous parts of the topic. Links to them, by the way:

http://forums.playground.ru/half-life_2/mods/180371/
http://forums.playground.ru/half-life_2/mods/564403/

Unfortunately, we still have to wait, while Xen comes out, multiplayer has also been announced. Let's hope that all this will please us this year.

A new part of the topic is open for a reason, of course. Because almost half a year has passed since the release of BMS (now time flies), then fans are already making cards for it (fortunately, there is a fgdshnik). For example, back in December, Black Mesa: Uplink was released - a mappack that recreates a short demo version of HL1 (however, consisting of unique cards). Also, someone is making a Hazard Course that is not in BM. You can argue about the need for such a mappack, but on the other hand, with a little imagination, you can make something interesting out of this topic. It's strange that such a small job is done by a whole team (which is called: Hazard Course Dev Team, lol).
As for the first mappack, it was made by one person within three months. The mappack is well made, but the gameplay seemed boring to me, I advise you to go straight with hard or at least normal. The mappack practically does not contain its own textures, there are a couple of models (perhaps torn from somewhere), sounds from HL1 and ... comments. Why was it necessary to write down and shove comments on these three cards that do not stand out in any particular way - I don’t understand. The mappack weighs 140 meters, of which the comments take away 30. 80 meters falls on three maps (quite a lot, because the maps are quite small). In plus you need to put the presence of your own scenes. The downside is that for them to work correctly (as well as resources and scripts), you need to replace the original game files. So it's better to put the mappack in the bms_russian folder. It would be nice to place the mappack in a separate folder and create gameinfo for it, but, unfortunately, for some reason I didn’t succeed (I copied the gameinfo from bms, only added Game bms to SearchPaths). In any case, the author should have thought about this, but he only offers a batch file that returns bms files.
Ultimately, for now, I rate this work 5 points out of 10. However, I will still try to go through it on hard, having previously achieved this division with a stable 60-70 fps , in principle, as well as the average for Black Mesa), and even then I will think about the assessment. In any case, I recommend playing this only if you have a lot of time to spare, or if you really want new maps for BMS.
The funny thing is that the author of the mappack also took donations for his creation (at least, I made such a conclusion from the readme).

A couple of screenshots. On one of the maps of the pack there is a small Easter egg that can be found if you bring the guard to the locked door:

http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799636/
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799637/
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799638/

Worth bonfire:
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/ 799639/

Cacti do not prick:
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799640/

Suspended by air:
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799641/
http://pix.playground. ru/278556/6998/799643/

Bullets ricochet and fly back (not visible on the screen):
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799642/

Dumb, albeit funny, droppers:
http://pix. playground.ru/278556/6998/799644/

Acid pleases the eye:
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799645/
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799646/

A strange bug with a shadow (this is if the shadows are on medium, I don’t set them to high, because I don’t like dynamic shadows from a flashlight - they make my FPS sag a lot):
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/ 6998/799647/
http://pix.playground.ru/278556/6998/799648/
19 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dragon27 05.03.22

xDDGx, is there a separate forum, or do you think it is too inactive?

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

I find it too unnecessary *trollface*

j
jet ranger 05.03.22

I have a question. Is it possible to play BMS if neither Steam nor SDK-2007 is installed on the computer (and there is no SDK at all)?

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

Of course, you can put on a pirate.

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

no SDK-2007 (and no SDK at all)?
BMS does not need a Source SDK, but a Source SDK Base, this is a huge difference.

And this is precisely the problem, in HL2 (which is already on steampipe) you can play even without steam, but SSDK Base is not steampipe, it is still tied to Steam. SSDKB for BMS is necessary, roughly speaking, BMS (like any mod with its own dlls) is not a mod for HL2 or Ep2, it is a mod for SSDKB.

Of course, you can put on a pirate.
It seems to me that you can even find a repack on the rutracker, where there is everything you need and nothing more. For KoF, I saw these for sure.

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

BMS (like any mod with its own dlls) is not a mod for HL2 or Ep2, it's a mod for SSDKB

No, why, there are mods for Ep2 with their own DLLs. And Cinematic is basically a mod for everything at once - it requires both HL2, and Ep1, and Ep2 licenses. In general, it’s not quite right to say “mod for this game or sdkbake”, the mod goes to the version / branch of the engine (2006, 2007, AC, etc.), and Ep2 or SSDKB is a content requirement (SSDKB fulfills these at a minimum ). Yes, and with DLLs, this is not entirely the case, a mod with its own DLLs on anything will load its own dlls first of all, if the mod folder is the first in the search paths. If the first is, say, Portal, its dlls will be loaded, subject to availability.

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

I did not just add the words "roughly speaking." Yes, there are engines, there is content, but the engine is downloaded only with a certain game, and not by itself. And now in Steam the situation is such that the old engine with which the mods work is downloaded only with the Base. However, even before Steampipe, this was the case, with the exception of Lost Coast.

for Ep2 with their DLL
What are these for example? And I'm not talking about that engine - then yes, there were mods for the HL2 engine, and for the Ep1 engine, and for the Ep2 engine, but about the current system with SteamPipe. //however, even Steampipe has nothing to do with it, this situation has been going on since the 10th year

And Cinematic is actually a mod for everything at once
I don't know about the cinematics, there is something like that, as far as I remember, I created a separate folder for it in HL2UE6, adjacent to the Engines ... Is there, your own engine? o_O

a mod with its own DLLs on anything will load its own dlls first of all.
Why, I don’t understand? Or just for information?

In general, the situation is very ironic, we call the Ep2 / Ep1 / HL2 engine the engine that has not been used by the Ep2 / Ep1 / HL2 themselves for a long time, lolo! XD

Actually, I'm sure I didn't mess anything up?

> Until 2010, there were three separate branches of the engine: HL2, Ep1, Ep2.

> In the 10th year there was an update, after which all games were transferred to the new engine (two separate branches, single and cartoon). As far as I remember, this engine was incompatible with all three previous ones, it was impossible to make mods with dlls for it, because the sources for it were not available. Base SSDK continued to use the old Ep1 engines (it is compatible with HL2, old mods like XenForces work with AppId 215 or 380 on a pirate) and Ep2, but mods without dlls could be connected to Ep2 (well, Ep1 and HL2 too, but did it make sense ). Well, there was also a LC running on the same engine as the old base.

> Now all games (including LC) have been moved to a newer engine (single/multi is still preserved), with a vpk system and "SteamPipe", and now mods can only work with the Base (although, on my look, nothing prevents you from putting the "mod" without the dll into the commonHalf-Life 2 folder and running it manually).

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

What's the point, I don't understand? Or just for information?

Well, in general, this means that the use of a dll mod depends not so much on the connection of the gcfok (or whatever is connected there now) SSDKB, Ep2 or whatever, but on the order in which the paths are checked. In general, the situation with “mods using their own dlls” depends a little in this direction, it’s just that mods without DLLs - mappacks - usually require something other than SSDKB, since such mods are usually smaller and do not fully imply their content.

What are these, for example?

Well... I can't name it. But appid is just a content mount.

In the 10th year there was an update, after which all games were transferred to the new engine (two separate branches, single and cartoon). As far as I remember, this engine was incompatible with all three previous ones, it was impossible to make mods with dlls for it, because the sources for it were not available. Base SSDK continued to use the old Ep1 engines (it is compatible with HL2, old mods like XenForces work with AppId 215 or 380 on a pirate) and Ep2, but mods without dlls could be connected to Ep2 (well, Ep1 and HL2 too, but did it make sense ). Well, there was also a LC running on the same engine as the old base.

Sorry for the overclocking.
I don't think so. Three branches were made in 2010: 2006 (DM) with source code, 2007 (xl2, ep1, ep2), for which there were and are sources, and 2009 (Portal 2, like L4D), for which there are no sources.

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

For example, here I have (old Ultimate SSDK):

Here 2006 and 2007 are SSDKB mods, in the mod wizard you can create total conversions only for them. 2006 is the Ep1 engine (on HL2UE6 I have Insurgency in Engine2), 2007 is the Ep2 engine (ZP:S is just in Engine3 for me).
2009SP - for some reason, they designated the engine to which they transferred all the singles in the 10th (maybe the Valves called it that because they did it back in the 9th, and the transfer of games took the rest of the time?). You can't do conversions for it.
2009MP - the engine to which all cartoons were transferred.

I think the issue is over.

PS Also, got into the wiki right now - she claims that HL2 and others have been on the LCHD2 engine since the 10th year. The only difference is that they were made GTsF. Therefore, LCHD 1 and 2 have Alt-Source written on the screen [although the wiki generally says about LCHD about Source Engine 14: Base Source 3% (Apparently, it means that the engine has a different build, for the Ep1 engine SE7 Base is also indicated there 2].
About DODS, it is generally written there that he had a separate 17th Source or Source 2010. o_O How did he distinguish himself so much? Figel), 23 (or this one), well, now everyone has 24, but for some reason the branches are still separate, perhaps based on future multiplayer updates?
Well, SE 2011 is already P2, D2, CS:GO .

In general, Valves with their engine created such fragmentation that you can go crazy ...

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

And again: what are these words for? Did I say something about the app?

I mean, in principle, there is no connection of the engine, there is a connection of content, “mounting” it. Or (see below)

Here I have for example (old Ultimate SSDK):

So it's pirated and old. I'm talking about the fact that version 2006 = DM, 2007 = HL2-series (singles), 2009 = the rest. In any case, when unpacking the source code, everything is so.

But how does Steam determine which engine dlls - not client / server - to connect to the game / mod? Yes, and exe files are used differently, they are stored in different folders in the profile (so it’s more correct to say which engine to connect the mod to)

The engine is part of the content ... probably. And the client-server is determined by SearchPath. Or is the engine connected via ToolsAppid? most likely it is.

then why D.I. does not start with AppID 420 in Steam, but only with 218? Down to the pipe D.I. it was possible to start with 420?

I suddenly got 420 in my gameinfo on a pirate (lol, here is an example of a mod for Ep2). You see, because of the pipe. Yes, and remember, TheZealot post on my page on ModDB, they say, mods now work only with some kind of sdkbase app...

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

Read everything I wrote above. Read carefully.
And one more thing:

Does not contradict my words. 2007 = Ep2

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

This is just an example, a rarity left from the days when the DM was on the old engine, this does not mean that the HL2DM itself was not transferred to a newer engine

. But the mods will be based on the unpacked 2006 engine!

The official velv multiplayers were on their own branch on the 9th, constantly updated

. I've been talking about mods all this time. Well, Ep2 may be in 2009, but in any fashion, including DI, there will be no features in 2009, they will be in the 2007 version.

j
jet ranger 05.03.22

SSDKB for BMS is needed Oooo
... How sad everything is. And I already have 2.5 GB of traffic (out of three) and it took 22 hours to download. ))

It seems to me that you can even find a repack on a rutracker, where there is everything you need and nothing more.
Yes, I myself found a bunch of repacks on the net, but all these trackers and torrents for my 3G modem do not exist. At least, I was told that if you want to download something from there, you must first upload something from your computer there. My modem is so niasilite - it even sends text files with difficulty.
So I downloaded BMS at my own risk from the playground, because. the good old Letitbit has suddenly become stubborn for some time (like "The requested file was not found"). There were only broken links to RapidShare... And so on.

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

I've been talking about fashion all this time. Well, Ep2 may be in 2009, but in any fashion, including DI, there will be no features in 2009, they will be in the 2007 version.
Damn, in short, we confused each other, did not understand anything ... I hope those who read our posts will not get confused themselves. Better don’t read, I’ll delete mine, leave only 2, in which, it seems to me, the information is close to the truth ..

Yes, I myself found a bunch of repacks on the net, but all these trackers and torrents for my 3G modem are not exist.
Why? In my opinion, on the contrary, a torrent is more convenient, because you can download at least a week and not worry that the connection will break, or that you need to turn off the computer during download, etc.

that if you want to download something from there, you must first upload something from your computer
Is it "where" and "where"? On a rutracker? Bullshit, I've been there for ~three years and haven't created a single giveaway. I have not seen bans for ratings, there are a lot of users with a rating below 1. And in general, remember the proverb: "Trust, but verify." After all, what's so scary about just trying? Of course, if you have traffic restrictions, then it sucks, but try at least once, just to know. And then decide whether this option suits you or not. uTorrent, by the way, allows you to limit, and can even block distribution, so if the total traffic is considered at the rate, then you can limit its costs in this way.

good old Letitbit
IMHO, downloading now from file hosting is the last century. Especially since these damned flybits and deposits severely limit the speed,

j
jet ranger 05.03.22

After all, what's so scary about just trying?
Yes, something was too lazy to figure it out. ))

By the way, today I just tried this same uTorrent. I am now pulling BMS through it a little, slowly but surely.

Thank you for the clarification.

t
totktonada 05.03.22

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
http://www.bmrf.us/?
May 5th will be released on steam. With multiplayer, but without xen.

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

By the way, did they really release this update for PAID? Something that contrasts strongly with their previous "no donations" stance. However, on Wikipedia they write that they will later release it for free, and they even promise the source codes of the maps. It would be cool! True, promises are promises...

C
Cvoxalury 05.03.22

Oh, I can't believe it. And now it costs 419 rubles. Which is much cheaper, by the way, than abroad. It is surprising that Russians still have such permanent discounts.
They also said that everything they do new will never be available on the mod version, because supposedly they have some clever graphical changes there.
Well spent three years making multiplayer instead of a real game.

x
xDDGx 05.03.22

Well, why, multiplayer is also necessary, this, after all, is an important part of the first HL :) And in principle, if they want, then even make it paid (whoever needs it, that spirituality, if, of course, this makes sense) - in the end , their work, their business, what to do with it, but somehow it's just strange ...