3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vozdooh 06.03.22 10:47 pm

How to remove the shortcut from the game?

Hello!
Help solve this problem.
After uninstalling the game, there was a shortcut in the start menu and I can't remove it.

When you click on delete, the "Programs and Features" window opens, but since I deleted the game, it is not there, respectively. If you click on the file location, the game browser opens where it is impossible to perform any action with this shortcut.

I read in Google that the shortcuts are on the path:
C:Users username AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuPrograms
C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuPrograms

But it's not there.
10 Comments
Sort by:
v
vladteterev85 06.03.22

Is it possible to select "Delete" through the context menu? I generally hate the eight and almost never used it, but try installing the Unlocker utility and using it to remove it. Or clean it up with CCleaner. It should clean up all junk and unused labels

v
vozdooh 06.03.22

through the context menu, select "Delete", the "Programs and Features" window opens, but since I deleted the game, it is not there, respectively. Unlocker and CCleaner do not give any result.

v
vladteterev85 06.03.22

voz_dooh
Well, this is probably another of the bugs of the eight, which everyone here is so praising. It has not yet been finalized and left as it is. And now they write a new ten. To remove a shortcut in the All Applications menu, you must open the system folder where they are stored. These are:
C:Users YourUserName AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindows Start MenuPrograms
C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindows Start MenuPrograms.
Subscribe if you can

A
Artilleryforward 06.03.22

Try this:
Win + r
type shell:recent
Multiply by zero there.

v
vozdooh 06.03.22

Artillery forward
What is there to multiply by zero? There's a "Recent Documents" folder that doesn't have this shortcut.

v
vozdooh 06.03.22

vladteterev85
Thanks for the advice, but I wrote in my first post 4 days ago that there is no shortcut in these system folders.

E
Eroppo 06.03.22

voz_dooh
On the second screen tried "parameters - clear information"?

v
vozdooh 06.03.22

eroppo
Now tried, nothing has changed :(

E
Eroppo 06.03.22

voz_dooh
Check in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion GameUX Games
Remove spaces, without them the forum engine does not skip

v
vozdooh 06.03.22

thanks eroppo
. Deleted it.
I thought that somewhere in the registry this label was registered, but I just didn’t know where to look.