3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Giever57_ 06.03.22 11:51 pm

Operating system for laptop.

I'm going to buy an inexpensive Acer ASPIRE ES1-111M-C1EY laptop for simple tasks: Internet with several tabs, working with documents, downloading movies via torrent - that's all.
Advise the beginner as fast, smooth and stable as possible. Thanks.
7 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ret Ert 06.03.22

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 06.03.22

Giever57
My third eye says that there will be 8.1 initially. Only 2 gigabytes of memory with integrashka - it may not even pull "Internet with several tabs" at all.

M
MunchkiN 616 06.03.22

tyrnet with several tabs eats up to 12 gigs and I think this is not the limit and I'm not sure that it is completely cached in memory, so the problem is not in the wasp but in the pitch itself.
there is nada 32 gig of RAM and a high-speed northern ssd with a rich paging file.

V

MunchkiN 616
iternet with several tabs eats up to 12 gigs

You have too fat tabs. I only have 600-625 MB 2 PG tabs on 5 guzzling processes. And the swap file on the SSD is, of course, for those who row money with a shovel.

M
MunchkiN 616 06.03.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
well, how to look. I currently have about 50 opera tabs open and it costs me 6.8 GB of RAM overall on the laptop. I also have about 11 gigs of swap file. there are many small programs and about 15 folders open in the background.
also the Achilles' heel of the laptop is its slow hard drive. so for example, because of it, nifiga doesn’t work for me smoothly, maybe it just rests on the railway and the swap file.
and as for the ssd, they are not so expensive, even if you expect it to work for 2-3 years. Yes, and there are laptops immediately ssd. so there is nothing like that. the only problem is the small volume at an affordable price.

V

MunchkiN 616
I don't buy desktops every 2-3 years. And so, 64 GB for the system disk would definitely be enough for me.
But if only the SSD is in the laptop, without a gigabyte screw for 500 - where am I going to download movies?

v
vladteterev85 06.03.22

Most likely there will be 2 gigabytes of RAM and built-in video. The seven works fine and even old games can be played or even new ones with not too high requirements. You can install Windows XP Professional SP3 or Windows 7 for comfortable work. If someone says that a laptop with 2 gigabytes of RAM will not run Windows 7 - do not believe it, this is pure nonsense. I have on my working laptop Asus k40ij 1.8 GHz, 2 GB of RAM and built-in video. I switched to Windows 7 since 2009 and there are no problems if I use it for work, movies and music. Now, if you put Windows 7 on the same configuration, but with 1 GB of RAM, then it will lag and get warm. And so be bold. If anything, then download Windows 7 Ultimate for asus eee pc - everything that is little used is cut out in it and resource consumption is reduced by 30-35%.