3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TeMNick 07.03.22 09:47 pm

Reinstall Windows 7 without data loss

After the release of Watch dogs, I screwed up a lot with system files and now some games and programs (Origins, Darksiders, Far cry 3, etc.) do not start at all (or even when installing applications, such as Origin) and give an error 0xc000007b. The error seems to be related to the video card and divers to it, but I have repeatedly reinstalled the drivers for the vidyuhi and nothing helped.
I decided to reinstall Windows, but I would also like the data and programs to remain intact. Windows is licensed. In the Internet, I found a way to "update" Windows from the installation disk, supposedly without losing data and programs. I would like to learn more about this and what will be deleted from the disk in general, and what will remain. And in general, will this "update" help from my error 0xc000007b ?
3 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 07.03.22

you delete even more garbage you delete the bat vile in the root of the disk (although I don’t know exactly how modern Windows is loaded)
naturally Windows won’t start up for you - pop the disk - restore
and whether it restores its files is a question. I just returned to whist the field set on top of xp

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 07.03.22

Is the option to find all the game saves and copy too complicated?

v
vladteterev85 07.03.22

You can restore Windows from the installation disk, or rather, put a new one on top of the old one. In this case, the files will be saved and the programs with the parameters too. But the assembly and version of Windows, which is on the computer, must match the one on the installation disk. Otherwise, there may not be a full guarantee.