3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
666BirdOfHermes666 07.03.22 10:41 pm

Heroes who do not like Christmas and New Year

Grinch, Scrooge, Charlie Brown, and other bad Santas and Fred Clauses are all those films in which the characters do not really digest the Christmas celebrations.

The Grinch Stole Christmas

Ron Howard's rare foray into children's film territory. The canonical poem by Dr. Seuss is taken as the basis, and Jim Carrey, reincarnated beyond recognition, shines as the Grinch. As a result, a big box office success and one Oscar statuette, which went to make-up artist Rick Baker.

"Christmas story"

Dickens' A Christmas Carol has been filmed more than any other work of literature, but it is Robert Zemeckis's version of the myriad that is the most costly and modern. The movements and voice of the cartoon Ebenezer Scrooge are so human that even without an explanatory caption they give out the real performer of the role of Jim Carrey.

"Christmas Charlie Brown"

Without this short cartoon in the US it is impossible to imagine Christmas days. The heroes of the comic epic Peanuts are on vacation, but Charlie Brown's ironic reflections that the true essence of the holiday is hopelessly corrupted by consumerism come to the fore.

"Elf"

Directed by Jon Favreau, before making Iron Man from Downey Jr., he turned comedian Will Ferrell into an elf. The hero of the picture was brought up by Santa's helpers, but in the wilds of the metropolis he will face a cruel clash with reality. The main disappointment is the workaholic father, whose faith in Christmas has faded completely.

"A New Christmas Tale"

A rare example of a successfully modernized Dickensian classic. Instead of the Victorian rich Scrooge, there is media mogul Frank Cross (Bill Murray in his prime), instead of the spirit of the past - the leader of the New York Dolls, David Johansen, playing a ghostly taxi driver. Behind the camera is director Richard Donner, who is responsible for the Lethal Weapon franchise.

"Bad Santa"

The protagonist of the tragicomedy Terry Zwigoff uses the New Year holidays solely for profit. While the drinking and copulating pseudo-Santa (Billy Bob Thornton) distracts the attention of others, his short accomplice takes out all the Christmas proceeds from supermarkets at night.

"Santa for sale"

According to the Finn Hjalmari Helander, elves are rather vile creatures that live in the cave arteries of Lapland. Local reindeer herders come into conflict with them, trying to prevent the awakening of Santa, who is completely different from the good-natured fat man from the soda advertisement.

"Silent Night, Deadly Night"

The canonical slasher movie of the mid-1980s, which later developed into a full-fledged epic. Billy's parents were killed by a maniac who put on a Santa costume, thereby instilling in the boy a hatred for the holiday for life. Years later, a guy who works in a toy store will find himself in a bearded man costume and start a bloody hunt.

"Fred Claus, Santa's Brother"

The author of "Intruders" David Dobkin also made his own amendments to the Christmas canon. Vince Vaughn plays Santa's brother, Fred. Experiencing persistent hostility to this triumph, he is nevertheless forced to play a decisive role in his salvation.

"Gremlins"

Director Joe Dante and producer Steven Spielberg are reimagining classic films about the invasion of the province of tranquility thieves in a glib manner. A small town is attacked by prankster gremlins, and shortly before this, the girlfriend of the protagonist Kate admits that she already has a lot of reasons to hate Christmas.

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/ny2015/4218/
5 Comments
Sort by:
n
northern alcoholic 07.03.22

Ugh! I only know the Grinch and wanted to say him, and you mentioned him first. Broke off, what XD

666BirdOfHermes666 07.03.22

northern alcoholic
Not me, but the author of the article on KinoPoisk)) I just copy-pasted))

n
northern alcoholic 07.03.22

666BirdOfHermes666
Well then insult them, not you xd, by the way, I saw "Bad Santa" and I don't consider him a Christmas hater.

A
Alexey Gordinov 07.03.22

Wow, I didn't think there were so many.

B
Balda716 07.03.22

yes they went along with their christmas and new year