3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sandrosan 09.03.22 11:35 pm

AMD driver 15.7 - FPS increased. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day!
Not so long ago (yesterday) I installed the AMD Catalyst 15.7 driver. Game version 1.06. FPS has increased significantly - even in Novigrad "smooth movements" have ceased to appear. Card 7970 Gigahertz from Gigabyte. AMD owners, try the driver.
45 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrey Fomenko 09.03.22

and what about GTA with these firewood?

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

Zosma
Terribly you twist it...(

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

Andrey Fomenko
Ask the Getashchikov...)
Honestly, there is no time to play GTA...

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

I understand what the essence of the driver is here. I'll post screenshots a little later.
(((

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

Just... DX10.1 - THAT'S performance for you. The picture is bad, trust me.

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

I was disappointed in the DRIVER (corrected the name), although I praised him.

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

Maybe I'm wrong... Now there will be a screenshot from the 15.4 driver.

F
Fatum Sibir 09.03.22

Sandrosan

DX11 is there, everything is fine, I don’t know what the problem is, and if there is a problem at all ...

Z
Zosma 09.03.22

Sandros
No. I took it in 2013, then 7970GHz (1050/6000) were already being sold with might and main, the chips are absolutely the same, i.e. overclocking is only 100 MHz relative to the same 280X. The cool thing is, it's without raising the voltage. It took me an hour in Furmark at 1200/6400, but there is already not enough power of the PSU. And the temperature does not rise above 73 in games (usually around 68), so everything is fine.

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

Zosma
You have Pitcairn - I have Tahiti.

S
Sandrosan 09.03.22

Fatum Sibir
Fatum Sibir
Checked. The screens are the same, which is 15.4, which is 15.7. I take back the words. The driver has been really optimized.

F
Fatum Sibir 09.03.22

Sandrosan
Now booted with Win 10 (I participate in Windows Insider so sometimes I update it, it is on a separate local disk, now the latest version is 166) and there the increase in frame rate is VERY noticeable!

Unfortunately, I can’t post screenshots from the same place in Nograd - in the process of launching via Steam, it seems that I lost my saves, although I seem to have done everything normally (it’s not particularly sad, the game has long since passed) so I launched a new one and in the white garden I have an average 35-45fps... On high settings, with anti-aliasing, diffused SSAO darkening, all post-processing effects turned on and without Hairworks, on Win 7 I had such a frame rate there on medium-high, no anti-aliasing, SSAO, on medium textures and details with high effects and grass.

So whoever has a dozen - feel free to put these firewood, they are made for her.

PS This is important!!! GTA 5 on Win 10 gives me artifacts and freezes with any firewood, maybe the fact is that I have a pirate, but the fact is that GTA on the top ten is bad.

Z
Zosma 09.03.22

Sandrosan What
are you talking about?)))

7970Ghx/280X is the same 7970, it's all Tahiti.

H
HorvaT_G 09.03.22

I don’t know, but in the swamps my lags disappeared after 15.6, that’s for sure, but at 15.7 I didn’t see the difference.

Z
Zosma 09.03.22

Here is a screenshot:

By the way, a question for the owners of all the same Radeons: has anyone noticed a difference in performance between Win 7 and Win 10?

F
Fatum Sibir 09.03.22

Zosma
Noticed the comment above.

Z
Zosma 09.03.22

Fatum Sibir
Yes, that's it, I saw that you have Radik, I was just embarrassed by the number 166 (I did not immediately realize that this was an OS). And how does a dozen work in general, stably? And then I'm also thinking of putting it, because I saw that some new games go really better on it.

F
Fatum Sibir 09.03.22

Zosma
I do not advise, now I am writing from the seven - Win 10 works very well but not enough to install the main one, there are still jambs, albeit small ones, I think in a month or two it will already be possible to install without fear.

I
Islambek1564 09.03.22

Guys, such a problem began to appear constant downloads during dialogs after installing 13 dlc and after switching to Velen. Tired of waiting for loading in every dialog. Maybe if you update the driver it will work. And so in the white garden everything went easily (in the sense there were no constant downloads) Who faced this?

M
Marlock4441 09.03.22

Fatum Sibir
with the help of which he measured