3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kirill515 11.03.22 12:38 am

How to add new monsters? (Quake 2)

Who knows how to add new monsters to the game? I know that I need to use the C code, but I don’t understand which source files to poke around in ... Even if you can take the Guardian with a blaster as the basis, change the texture, attack type, HP, etc. Don't touch the animation with the model... Who fumbles? At least tell me which files to edit ...
3 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 11.03.22

I would also like to know, but this is the area of ​​​​programming and modders, and not mappers, alas. But you can play with misc_actor in kmquake, there are a lot of possibilities. For example, Strogg Soldier (shotgun), but with a double-barreled gun...

K
Kirill515 11.03.22

I know this can be easily done through Lazarus, including a friendly mob through the same misc_actor. But, I would like "one's own" to be considered as a separate one :-)
I know, it's easier not to soar the brain and use something that is already ready, but still ...

A
A.Soldier of Light 11.03.22

It is clear that you need to change the code, dig into the gamex86.dll file or kmq2gamex86.dll. And they have had source codes for a long time, so whoever knows how to write code and compile can make their own new monsters, weapons, and so on.
My new addon will have the old code, and then in the second version, most likely, new features will appear. There is one person who writes the code) But he is very busy in principle ... So maybe you should master it yourself and find the source code.
Here is everything about the kmquake2 engine:
www.markshan.com/knightmare
Sources are also available - in the section download -> The engine source code.