3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rakot013 12.03.22 01:29 am

Has anyone tried writing their own books?

Hi people. Have you tried writing books yourself? I think it's natural. How did anyone succeed, what did they achieve, finish writing, quit? I'm just trying to decide to ask someone who can advise something good from their experience.
20 Comments
Sort by:
-
-Kerten- 12.03.22

Fanfiction, short stories, poems - you are always welcome, I don't care to do anything. But to sit down, masturbate for a large amount of text, and then also offer to release this masterpiece in print - thank you.

I
I am Batman 12.03.22

I wanted to write a trilogy at the age of 12-13. I scribbled 2 books, then burned .... like Gogol

R
Rakot013 12.03.22

Manhunt1908
Well, I'm thirty and I'm also trying to write fantasy, but it's lazy, work and other things take away almost all the time...

I
I am Batman 12.03.22

Rakot013 Is
there already a thread written?

R
Rakot013 12.03.22

Manhunt1908
70 pages in A4 Word format 12 font :)

M
MezehasH 12.03.22

I love the post-apocalyptic and zombie theme, very simple setting and themes for both books and short stories. Only two small projects are devoted to this topic, the book as I planned for 90,000 words, and 19 chapters. But it is difficult, while I worked hard, the volume written in two weeks was 14,000 words. Scored at 16000, then I'll be back. Now I am finishing a short story from a couple of chapters. Other topics for my stories that I have ever written were most likely romantic-erotic sketches, which I took inspiration from, loving one person very much, well, writing all this for him. By this point, they had already parted and were reluctant to switch to such a thing. Most likely then I will switch to Fantasy, which is also a rather entertaining and easy-to-describe world, in connection with its response to fairy tales, and ancient ages, and real-real life. A very flexible genre.
1) He came up. - They answered him.
2) I came up. - They answered me.
It just happens that he first wrote part of the story in the first version, and then it seems to you that the second is more appropriate if you compare the story with the hero’s diary where he himself tells everything about his actions and presents them. And after that, the second method no longer fits and destroys the structure of writing the text. For me personally, the main hassle that I most likely came up with myself is such things. And in the form of the most difficult obstacles for me, there are debates on the topic: Who am I? -Aspiring writer? -Either Graphomaniac? Even if the spelling, literary techniques and moves, the plot and dialogues are respected, this is not a fact that you succeed. Maybe you are a journalist? - Must write articles? - Either literature is you - It's yours. Right now I sincerely want to continue writing, improve my projects and develop them, but I am very much afraid that this occupation is not for me.

A
Ankuzya 12.03.22

At the age of 12 she finished the second novel of the dilogy. Within the region, she got the opportunity to publish in collections with short stories and poems.
For about 5 years I have been writing one story in the fantasy genre, a novel and a short story at the same time. I keep coming back and rewriting. I hope that after graduation, work will go faster.
I have several fanfictions on various universes, completed and "in progress". Occasionally I indulge in minifigs for contests.
There are an incredible number of poems, author's and written on the basis of someone else's universes (as a rule, they were created back in school years). I did not even try to print at the institute.
The following summer, I set myself the beginning of a period of active writing with a schedule and bonuses like my favorite coffee - for a dozen pages.
She also wrote a novel based on real events. A third of what I planned (which is surprising, since I write slowly). However, with the move to another city, the desire to continue this story disappeared. And it's unlikely to show up.

m
masha 12.03.22

At school, in the 11th grade, I wrote a detective story "Murder in the Cemetery", size 12 sheets in a notebook. There are a lot of Matyukov, I want to re-read everything, but I can’t decide how to.

V
Vitamin 12.03.22

As a child, I wrote a story about Sherlock Holmes. Did not finish
PS Design UG

P
Pecos_Bill 12.03.22

I wrote 12 notebooks about cowboys (mostly 18 sheets, but the last 3 - 96), like stories at once, and then turned into a western with a consistent story. Started writing in 2005 at age 9, finished this year. Now I want to make a remake of all parts and combine them into one big one, because in my childhood I wrote a lot of superfluous things.

O
Okruta 12.03.22

I wrote, I write and I will write. A couple of times even the stories came to publication. The first time in a newspaper of interdistrict scale, the second time in the "Chronicles of Mordrag". I hope this is not the limit.

T
TambWolf 12.03.22

I've been writing short stories for over a year, but I've only published one. I’ve been thinking about maxi for several months, which is why I can’t even sleep normally. I did two remakes of the first and second parts, now I'm doing the third one, but I'm still dissatisfied with every line. If in the next couple of years I don’t give birth to this fucking part, then I’ll go to a philologist, because it’s not good to suffer from lack of sleep.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

I started to play fantasy in 2004 - I killed it somewhere in 2006-7. Patamu that slop. worked the universe for 10k years of the history of the Persians, and the manuscript was complete nonsense and what.
in 2006 to 2008 he started writing prose in the same universe only 6000 years before the events. deep frozen and so far relevant. but the rewrite is still spinning.
and your vysers are still those ...
only fanfiction great panyash.

T
Toxa95 12.03.22

Before falling asleep, so as not to be bored just lying around, I invent all sorts of worlds and characters in them. Medieval fantasy with little to no magic, a la Game of Thrones, early 20th century fantasy setting, science fiction and all that crap. I come up with all sorts of scenes that, it seems, are not related to each other, and then I try to adequately connect them, which is quite difficult, but after a while it can work out fine.

And so, there are universes and the history of fictional worlds, there is a map of them in the head, there are legends and fairy tales of this world, there is a religion (which, by the way, was very difficult to think up to the level of modern Christianity, with all these saints, angels and other devilry, and still falls short), there is a plot, there are characters, with their own characters. But I won't write a book, because what? That's right, because laziness! Yes, and, in my gut I feel, there will be no profit from this.

R
RicoChico 12.03.22

In algebra class, he wrote short funny stories. To laugh with friends later.
Too bad it didn't survive. I would rate it as funny or not.

R
Rebecca0182 12.03.22

Out of boredom, she composed small ones, and then stopped. The stories have been preserved... I'm a lousy writer, in short.

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 12.03.22

I tried to write a kind of story once, but the writer from me, in my opinion, is not very good. Maybe someone will be interested to look-)) The

magician put the last candle on the floor. “Idshu” - this was the name of the candles in the ancient long-lost and forgotten language of the ashans (powerful magicians of the Black Hand) were not just magical, but rather a rare artifact, better known in not very wide circles as “Radle Candles“.
The legend says - as if in each candle (there were exactly seven of them), Radl invested part of his blood and magical power, concluding a dark pact with seven demons: Derdrom (mind stealer); Morcom (destroyer); Leviathan (catcher of souls); Kokkra (daughter of darkness); Gnoyvig (herald of the plague); Tatla (a bony beast) and Shatrogor (the scourge of death).
The candles had an unusual dark purple color (the color of gore), as if emphasizing the veracity of the legend that had been composed for a long time and did not smoke at all (an obvious sign that distinguishes magic candles from ordinary ones). They were as if (alive): to a very attentive eye it was clearly visible how one lit candle burned with a direct, bright fire, when, like the other, lit next, it burned with a flickering, swaying flame - as if under the breath of a small breeze rushing through the open window. Although magicians and wizards of all ranks and domains rarely paid their precious attention to this, it was not that they were too busy with the process of weaving spells, just magic for many (with the gift) was something like a living substance.
Farhaal, that was the name of the magician, once again took a close look at all the candles he had placed on the floor. Smacking his lips savoryly (which meant obvious satisfaction from the work done earlier), he reached into the skirts of his dark green velvet mantle. Grunting and coughing for a long time, while remembering all the demons and dark gods (and he knew them not a lot, a couple of dozen, that's for sure), he finally fished out a small chest.
This casket was very, very old, so to speak (it seems that it was sculpted by the skillful hands of the “Podgorny” gnomes, who themselves have long become a legend): inlay trim along the edges and especially the castle; impressed with their subtlety and clarity of work. Yes, and the basis of the casket was chosen to match - a black slave. The black rabor is a tree that grows exclusively in the Cursed Forest, although it vaguely resembles an oak. It is famous for its strength, resistance to burning and heat, and does not rot for a very long time. And go ahead, detectives of a good fellow who dared to get him, because even the last snotty village boy has long known that, firstly, the "Cursed Forest" with its very appearance will discourage anyone you want; and secondly, the roots of this tree are terribly poisonous, and if you try to approach the trunk, they sting without a miss. Indeed, many believe
Since the gnomes from ancient times indulged in “Rune” magic, which is actually understandable only to one dwarf (and even then only to initiates (“Vedas”) and elders), the entire lid of the casket was littered with them in a certain order. What is written there, only the demons will understand and the gnomes, of course - not some kind of protective magic, not a curse.
The magician's large black eyes, like those of a raven, slowly glided over the lids of the casket, either along the silver intricate pattern, then along the brilliant runes of the dwarves, until they finally stopped at the carved lock slot. Farhaal knocked twice with his wooden staff on the ground and the room...

m
masha 12.03.22

I tried to write at school, wrote a whole notebook. Detective.

R
RafPayne3 12.03.22

I wrote one, well almost one. it has not been completed, but you can read it here
. Especially impressionable read is not very recommended. These are my schizophrenic fantasies.

Oh yes. I also wrote a plot for the film, here (http://spaces.ru/files/?r=main/view&Li=5204234&Lii=53177251&Link_id=1191603&Lt=1&Read=53177251&Sn=2&name=RafPayne3)
And a detective (http://spaces.ru /files/?r=main/view&Li=5204234&Lii=53945139&Link_id=1212397&Lt=1&Read=53945139&Sn=1&name=RafPayne3). they are more normal.

PS Please, after reading, write me your opinion. If not difficult.

Copy and paste the links into the address bar of your browser. (for those who don't know)

B
Brashnashla 12.03.22

I tried, I won’t say that it’s so difficult (it’s wildly difficult for me), but I don’t have enough iron ass on which I have to sit and write, sit and write. Therefore, all my experience is limited to a couple of stories per table.