3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sniper2013 12.03.22 01:47 am

Strange computer behavior

Gentlemen, I ask you for advice, the fact is that I upgraded my computer a little and all the improvement consisted in installing a new HDD and installing an SSD under the system, now the computer is, of course, clean and goes great, especially on an SSD, but it appeared a serious problem, when I play absolutely any game, for some reason it goes well and smoothly for the first 20 minutes, then, as if at the snap of my fingers, the game starts to lag a lot, 60 frames drop to 10 and, accordingly, I have to restart the computer in order for the lags to go away, with which could this be related? Is this possible because I install games on the HDD?
Computer spec:
GPU: GTX560TI
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU 3.40GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM (7.92 available) Latest driver
29 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

the priest must be invited so that he recites an unrestrained prayer.
Peka disease is more like an obsession with a special GPU virus miner.

s
sniper2013 12.03.22

MunchkiN 616
If you mean viruses, I ran the computer several times with Kaspersky, the computer is clean.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

snayper2013
you need to look for suspiciously high activity on the GPU core or on the CPU in the task manager,
both in the idle game, the Internet, and with it.

s
sniper2013 12.03.22

MunchkiN 616
Hmm, well, let's say I see suspicious activity, should I just disable it, as an example?

i
izzylai 12.03.22

Games just need to be installed on the HDD (In no case on the SSD). Take it apart, ideally check all the wires and connections and reconnect them (clean where the dust has accumulated). Then download HWMonitor (well, or any other program (AID64) for measuring the temperature of iron) and look at the readings before the lags, and at the time of the lags (you can throw it here). Also, in these 2 periods of time, look at the task manager (maybe I picked up something like a bitcoin miner). Well, it's not bad to check for viruses

s
sniper2013 12.03.22

izzylai
Sir, the computer was delivered yesterday, the masters of their craft did it, well, there can be no problems with wires and dust, but as for the rest of the tips, thanks, I'll try it now.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.03.22

snayper2013
you will check every process in the task manager until you find something in the user's app,
you can of course drive it away with all the antiviruses in the world. one of them, according to users, finds it.
otherwise, it is not a virus and you need to look for another reason.

s
sniper2013 12.03.22

Gentlemen, I found the reason, mdm hung in the process, after turning it off, everything went fine, and now the question is how to destroy this creature?

E
Eroppo 12.03.22

izzylai
Games just need to be installed on the HDD (In no case on the SSD).
Can you elaborate on why games should be installed on a slow device? Maybe they should also be launched only with a built-in vidyuhi, but by no means with a discrete one? ))

snayper2013
I pierced the computer several times with Kaspersky, the computer is clean.
It makes no sense to check from an infected system, you need a special scanner such as kaspersky rescue disk, drweb cureit, etc. download and make a boot disk / USB flash drive, preferably on a clean computer

F
Furyhunter 12.03.22

snayper2013
miner is not always detected by the antivirus when you turn on the computer wait 10-20 minutes then look in the task manager what loads the system find where the file is and delete it

i
izzylai 12.03.22

snayper2013
and antivirus, when the process hangs in the dispatcher, when checking, it doesn't show anything? or did not try? You can try to simply delete it manually by going to the location of the file with the right mouse button, but it’s not a sure thing that it will work, since such viruses have a habit of self-duplicating and reappearing after restarting the computer. If a regular antivirus does not help, try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (disabling the antivirus first). The program is aimed at such a bullshit

A
Andrew Sekret 12.03.22

Due to processor heating. Maybe the contact is bad with the radiator, maybe there is not enough thermal paste, xs.

i
izzylai 12.03.22

eroppo
Well, about the card, it's up to you)))) I don't like such perversions :D, but in general one could google that the number of write cycles on SDD is quite limited, and SSDs over 100 GB are expensive. Well, how many new games can be put on such a disk along with the system, well, 2-3 no more. You will add a couple of FPS, again, no more. And the disk will wear out faster with constant deletions and installations. If the hard drive and processor are important for system performance, then for the performance of games you need a video card first of all, the hard drive plays almost no role there. It can and can be set. Only something more harm than profit

E
Eroppo 12.03.22

izzylai
Read at the same time how exactly the number of write cycles is limited to each cell. And think about how many write cycles occur when installing the game, since during the game it no longer performs any recording - only to service folders like "my documents", which can also be placed on the HDD - the files are still small, they do not affect performance.
And sacrificing the overall comfort of the game just for the sake of the SSD serving not 15 years, but 35 is just a perversion, by the expected end of the life of these cells, this ssd will be lying in the trash for a long time like ancient brake trash))
confirmation - an ordinary ssd for 3 years intensive recording

S
Sargarus 12.03.22

There was a problem recently. I even looked not in the task manager, but in resource monitoring.
So there crap the plug and play subprocess loaded the percent by 50%, I turned it off, the problem is solved. Check the svhost.exe process and under processes.
It's not a virus, it's a stupid glitch.
Sorting put on protsu most likely loads percents.

Yes, and check the swap files because of them it can be full .
What size to put, see
on the net. Also on the ssd, use the SSD Mini Tweaker. It fixes Windows on it.
Yes, and games are not when you do not put on sdd only small ones.
A big game can demolish Windows and even the disk itself.

G
Guns1872 12.03.22

the system is weak to reinstall!?? fucking miner.

B
Botponevole 12.03.22

HW monitor run in the background of games and see the temperature when it lays down.

B
Biscop_moo 12.03.22

If the computer is new, everything is "from scratch", then it's okay to bathe with antiviruses, demolish the system, install it from a clean image again and that's it. You'll save a lot of time. From my own experience, I can say that all sorts of doctor-web "KuriEto" are more aimed at transferring a system half-dead from viruses into a conditionally working state and having time to transfer everything valuable to local disks / flash drives before demolishing Windows. Just be careful with these flash drives later, because after that they usually also become infected, so I recommend using a Linux Live CD for such procedures, everything can be safely used there.

i
izzylai 12.03.22

eroppo
I'm just really interested, but what is the comfort?

-
-SERGEY- 12.03.22

Check the GPU core frequency in game with MSI Afterburner. Sometimes it switches to 2D mode. (There was once the 560th and a similar diagnosis.)