3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SUSUL1 12.03.22 02:42 am

Hissing speakers

People tell me why the speakers hiss, I have an SB Audigy 4 sound card, and even when the computer is turned off, they hiss, what can I do about it?
26 Comments
Sort by:
f
full out 12.03.22

Well, apparently the columns are :). I also hiss when turned off. And on the old player (records) they also hiss.

P
Pacman 12.03.22

I have crackling sometimes not big when they work

S
Sneike 12.03.22

my speakers hiss a lot when the voltage in the apartment is high, that is, if the water heater is turned on, the TV works, well, in general, almost all the equipment then they make noise as normal, although maybe you just need to clean the column from the inside from the dust, sometimes you can help. I have a built-in maximum of 119 bytes, if I’m not mistaken
and what speakers they are, what firm they are, they are already working and their lope

S
SUSUL1 12.03.22

two Genius SP-F350 speakers, two months old, and the old Typhoons hummed so easily

S
Sneike 12.03.22

disassemble, don’t try to clean them for nothing, if there is a guarantee, then remember better, of course, for a microlab, but when you change, explain the reason and try to check if the voltage is very high, that is, turn off all the equipment at home and turn on the computer with speakers, if there is no noise, then connect the equipment gradually if the problem turns out to be with energy then change the plugs to more powerful ones (if you can’t do it yourself, ask your parents better)
well, I’ve found the characteristics of your speakers Specifications (http://www.sokol.org.ua/34170.html)
System 2.0
Output power 10 W
Range frequencies 20 - 20,000 Hz
Signal-to-noise ratio 70 dB Speaker
dimensions 100 x 240 x 100 mm
Weight 1.48

S
SUSUL1 12.03.22

I don’t have plugs in the brush, there are automatic machines there. And how the voltage in the network can affect the hiss, although it does not stand out much against the noise of the system unit, but when the computer is turned off, you can hear it if you bring them to your ear. Why do they just do some kind of sound when the computer is turned off. Maybe it's the lack of a network filter?

E
Engell 12.03.22

Hissing is still normal (although it depends on the quality and assembly). I've started whistling mine - so it's generally awful) It's impossible to listen to metal, in vocals the whistle just kills. I'll have to take it to the warranty...

-
-SpuNch- 12.03.22

Hissing, but the sound is coming ??
On my creative, too, the spike was installed from the disk, the control center set up and began to play

l
lynxer 12.03.22

Hissing means assembled by hardworking Chinese lads on wonderful%?:;* transistors. And there's nothing you can do about it.

A
Allfa 12.03.22

Hissing means they live!

N
Northell 12.03.22

If they always buzz - a clumsy transformer (Chinese / cracked), if they hiss - a clumsy amplifier (why deneraser wrote) ... if the volume is set to a minimum (on the speakers) and the hissing does not disappear, then it is not realistic to distinguish, if not ... make the sound quieter on the speakers and louder on the PiSe) and so - buy the normal acoustics, at least the Microlab-B75 is just a mower ...

c
chickensteller 12.03.22

SUSUL1
connect the speakers to another device (to the headphone jack of a tape recorder, player, or flash drive) or take speakers from someone and plug them in instead of hissing, if other speakers do not hiss, then feel free to blow to the seller and give out broken products (if there is still a guarantee)

Hissing - a common diagnosis for speakers in the price range up to $ 50
The reason in most cases is the use of the mute buttons (located on the speakers)
Also, prolonged use of speakers at maximum sound

S
SUSUL1 12.03.22

The hissing of the speakers can be heard when the computer is turned off and the system unit is not buzzing, and even then putting your ear to them, otherwise the sound completely satisfies me, behind the roar of engines and automatic bursts of noise, you can’t hear the noise, and who I don’t ask all my friends, the speakers are also quiet hiss and at rest, even when the computer is turned off and the speakers are working. So why do they just make some kind of sound when the computer is turned off, but they are powered?

l
lynxer 12.03.22

Because, firstly, your speakers are powered by current from the rectifier, and here such garbage as rectified current filtering takes place, which can be better or worse - it depends on the quality of the filter (capacitor capacity) in the stereo PSU; secondly, interference from the AC mains; and finally, the noise of the transistors / microcircuits themselves.

N
Northell 12.03.22

SUSUL1 Well, you're a lamer... I haven't seen such people yet... you don't have a Yamaha receiver for 15 thousand rubles, Schaub speakers didn't hiss. and you want this from Chinese speakers ... look at the level of noise and distortion in the documentation, if there is one, and think about it with your subject!
---EDIT 09/30/07---
It has long been known to everyone that Chinese speakers have Chinese rectifiers and kanders ... Avtar, I think you understand the essence of your problem.

L
LegionOfBoom 12.03.22

2 SUSUL1 "So why do they just make some kind of sound when the computer is turned off, but they are powered?" It means that there is a parasitic component in the signal. You can try to disconnect the signal wire from the system unit, and listen, then draw conclusions, maybe it breaks somewhere on the ground in the case.

S
SUSUL1 12.03.22

By the way, who is a lamer? And how is it different from a noob?

A
Alexandr82 12.03.22

Lamer (whistling kettle) - A user who imagines himself advanced, but tries to teach others by making a fuss about his beliefs and stubbornly saying all sorts of nonsense, while he himself has a lot of problems.
A distinctive feature is that he is incredibly persistent in delusions and does not know how to listen to others, he constantly swears with everyone.
Another distinguishing feature is that such a person does not really learn anything, this is a dead end.
Another trait is often the only person who loves the word and rewards others with it.

H
Hunter_466 12.03.22

Guys, tell me, please. I have Logitech 5.1 speakers. In general, they work well, BUT. When twisting the volume of the speakers to a minimum or to a maximum, they begin to buzz. Optimal performance of columns is somewhere in the range of 2-9 on a scale of 10. 0 - sound off, 10 - maximum volume. When the speakers are disconnected from the computer, the same thing is observed.

S
SUSUL1 12.03.22

I found the same problem on the forum in an incident, and they answered the following "The background of the alternating current is treated by switching parallel to the diodes, 0.01 microfarad capacitors. In this way, many cheap speakers are cured.

I discovered this a long time ago, but not with speakers, but on the power supply radio receiver.

And what is the theory of this phenomenon? My assumption:
- Due to jumps of 0.6 Volts when switching diodes. At the same time, damped high-frequency oscillations arise in the transformer, which pass through the already open diodes to the power supply output and are not filtered by anything.

Put in parallel all 4 diodes ceramic capacitors.

Unfortunately, a semiconductor diode has some inertia when switching, i.e. when the voltage polarity is reversed, the specified device is still in the open state. This feature causes the appearance of damped oscillations with a significant width of the spectrum, the source of which is the diode itself. Connecting blocking capacitors can significantly reduce the amplitude of the transient. "

Maybe someone can help...