3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Ely Maze 18.03.22 12:09 am

Error occurred video driver stopped responding

I was sitting watching a video and an error occurred. The video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored

, unfortunately, I know what kind of error it was with the previous card and it burned out.

A couple of answers to questions

Did you install a new driver
? set

How often the error crashes
Answer: it crashed only once when watching a video after I tried to run games but there is no error but the soul cannot calm down

You play at high settings Answer: no, I
put any game on the minimum settings and slightly lower the screen resolution

how long it lasts
Answer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 service life 5 years at that time there was no alternative took this card

Overclocked the card
Answer: no, I don’t do this.

Are there artifacts in the form of red stripes and other things on the desktop
Answer: no, everything is clean

Question from me: such an error can mean that the map is over or does this error come out for other reasons? just now the soul is not in place and panic
41 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 18.03.22

Ely Maze
This may be a software error (actually, Winda complained about the driver), so if the case is a single one and has not yet been repeated, then it's okay.

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

kurskiy
well, while I was sitting and the dispatcher counted 3 hours, nothing happened, I even launched games, but it's still a terrible thing, especially when cards become more expensive

E
Evil in the flash 18.03.22

Ely Maze
Who's lucky. At first, the driver also fell off for me, then the vidyuha began to artifact at all :(

T
Thief Pirate 18.03.22

Not fatal. After the first time a similar error took off, the video card worked for a couple more years and then the gtx 780
chip dump. Yes, and it’s my own fault for the chip dump that I didn’t think to change the thermostat. For a couple of months before the dump, the cooler howled very strongly and with anguish, and I only cursed that there was a lot of noise.

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
If there are no artifacts, then everything should be in order! and so check in FurMark, under load, the temperature of gpu and vram!

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Evil in the flash
Thief Pirate
oh, this is very bad, well, I still have what they call an office plug and yes, 5 years is not a short period, and I often clean the PC, so where the warm air should come out the cold card when playing has 50 degrees no higher and with the usual 35-37 degrees

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
I checked both aida64 and GPU-Z

, here's what GPU-Z shows now, while the browser and antivirus are on, so it's slightly increased

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
Download the latest version of GPU Z, or CPUID HWMonitor, which shows the video memory temperature!

T
Thief Pirate 18.03.22

Replace the thermostat and forget it.
Well, or do it like this.
There will be more noise, but for that it is more reliable.

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
GPU Z latest version from the site 2.44.0

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Kartonkratos

did I do it right but here

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
Then try downloading CPUID HWMonitor, it will probably show the memory temperature there.

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
Yes, that's right! drive it here for at least 5 minutes.

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Kartonkratos

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely
Maze

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
how to be now? I'm afraid something terrible might happen, and I'm already worried

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
But you shouldn't worry, because I have never heard that office video cards fail and go to waste.

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
If, ​​as you say, the temperature rises to a maximum of 50 degrees.

E
Ely Maze 18.03.22

Kartonkratos
but still why such an error could have crashed just when watching a video, besides the browser in which one tab is open and everything

is not worth worrying about, but it can scare so that the pressure will rise, which happened

K
Kartonkratos 18.03.22

Ely Maze
Such errors happen both for a crookedly installed driver and for littered windows, try to remove the display driver uninstaller prog driver.